Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was just looking at the wholesale website for Computer2000 & I saw that they have just entered the Pre 3 as being available for order on 18 Jul 2011.

This will be the SIM free version. There is no pricing yet, but it looks like they will have just 250 in stock to order from that date.

Also you can see that the Pre 2 is available at only 104.81 + 20% VAT. Last week it was at 271 + 20% VAT.

See attached screen shot.

I will be getting mine so I can try the touch to share features. BTW, the Touchpad is brilliant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Interesting, although the Pre 2 is labelled as a Treo Smartphone and the Pre 3 has a DUMMY label so wouldn't be so sure.
  3. H
    This is the original date that clove had on their Pre3 page however they adjusted it to say "late July" so I'm not sure if this date is accurate anymore
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Interesting, although the Pre 2 is labelled as a Treo Smartphone and the Pre 3 has a DUMMY label so wouldn't be so sure.
    It is definitely the Pre 2 as I bought one from here. I have put an enquiry in to see if they have any pricing details.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Having a release date on a wholesale website means nothing, they can change, and the Pre3 release date as stated on some distributor's websites has already been changed (someone on a german forum checked it regularly and reported the changes, I'll look it up if interested), so take it with some salt
    Something weird. I did a search on Google for the Pre3's part number on HP.com, two sites came up. But if you click the link, it redirects you to the "discontinued handhelds" page.

FB437AA site:hp.com - Google Search
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Having a release date on a wholesale website means nothing, they can change, and the Pre3 release date as stated on some distributor's websites has already been changed (someone on a german forum checked it regularly and reported the changes, I'll look it up if interested), so take it with some salt
    Very true, the date could easily change. However on the recent release of the HTC Desire S, the release date was bang on.

They have no price details yet & their Touchpad stock is due in on the same date.
    Richard

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    The latest estimate is second week in August
  9. H
    Clove now says delayed until approximately 21st July
    Oh boy. That's still just around the corner. Here's hoping
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    box.co.uk say 2nd week in august.
    Any updates on the site? It's the 21st already.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Clove has postponed the expected release to the end of august. It's going to be a tough race with N9.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I think they mean: "End of August 2012"
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I think they mean: "End of August 2012"

Maybe they mean the day after the end of the world?

haha
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    This reminds me of waiting for Dell Venue Pro arriving in the UK.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    No. They mean the greek calends.
    it hasnt got a US release date yet...lets not get ahead of ourselves. I hope the price is less then 300.
    So I am interested in availability and pricing for the Pre3 as a potential upgrade to my Pre2 - but on HP's own site it says the device only has 8Gb memory?!

I would have thought that the next generation would have the same or double the memory e.g. 16 to 32Gb.

HP Pre3 Smartphone Specifications | Business Mobile Phones | HP Official Site

Have HP just got it wrong?
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    So I am interested in availability and pricing for the Pre3 as a potential upgrade to my Pre2 - but on HP's own site it says the device only has 8Gb memory?!

I would have thought that the next generation would have the same or double the memory e.g. 16 to 32Gb.

HP Pre3 Smartphone Specifications | Business Mobile Phones | HP Official Site

Have HP just got it wrong?
    According to the Feb announcement, Pre 3 is supposed to have two versions, 16GB and 8GB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast