Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I was purchasing different phones on sprint and using the 30 day trial to kill some time while I wait for the Pre 3. First I bought the Nexus S and returned it, and now I got the Evo 3D. I was planning on returning the EVO in the next couple of days, but about 2 hours ago I fell into my pool with it . Now I have a broken EVO and an unwanted 2 year contract. I do have insurance, but I don't think I can return the phone (they probably wont take a return on a replacement phone with a different serial)... Any suggestions?
    i guess you wont have to worry too much as the pre 3 is not coming to sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    ...the 30 day trial ... Evo 3D. ...fell into my pool ...
    sorry but HA HA HA!!!! I feel bad for you but damn that's funny.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    sorry but HA HA HA!!!! I feel bad for you but damn that's funny.
    hahah I wanted to laugh too! I do feel bad though. Hopefully sprint is understanding...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    hahah I wanted to laugh too! I do feel bad though. Hopefully sprint is understanding...
    I'm laughing over here too don't worry... In the meantime, the phone is sitting in a bowl of rice so hopefully it drys out! I put the battery in about 2 hours ago and the flash started going off so that's not a good sign .
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm laughing over here too don't worry... In the meantime, the phone is sitting in a bowl of rice so hopefully it drys out! I put the battery in about 2 hours ago and the flash started going off so that's not a good sign .
    leave the battery out and you will need a few days in the rice to dry it out
    let it dry out for few days...put battery back in and test your luck.

Suck up the deductible and do a insurance claim and enjoy the phone, it's still a nice phone.
    Yeah, unfortunately if rumors hold true, the Pre3 wont be coming to Sprint. Just get a replacement through the insurance and enjoy the Evo 3D unless you jump ship to ATT or somewhere when the Pre3 comes out. Sorry to hear what happend!
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Sorry, I cant feel sorry for you because YOU HAVE A POOL! My wife would gladly trade me and any phone for a pool in the back yard.

like the others wrote, pull the battery and bury it in an air tight container of rice for a few days. Good luck

Hey since you've had both the Nexus S and Evo 3D, what do you think of them? Which would you recommend? I'm considering the Evo 4G now that its dropped in price.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Ohhhh man, that sucks.

Call a Sprint store and ask whether it's covered in the insurance. The way one explained it to me ages ago, it's a no-fault program where they will replace with no questions asked. Things may have changed since then though.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    Sorry, I cant feel sorry for you because YOU HAVE A POOL! My wife would gladly trade me and any phone for a pool in the back yard.

like the others wrote, pull the battery and bury it in an air tight container of rice for a few days. Good luck

Hey since you've had both the Nexus S and Evo 3D, what do you think of them? Which would you recommend? I'm considering the Evo 4G now that its dropped in price.
    They are both pretty good phones. The 3d on the EVO is really funny at first and its cool to show people for the first time, but it gets old quick. On both, I could never get used to the on screen keyboard, I love real keys.

I like the voice commands and use them while driving, but when I switch back to the pre I dont miss them. In my car I have a touchstone mounted on my dash and I use that more than the voice commands.(If you could compare usage)

With the EVO I find that it might actually be too big and when I pull the phone out of my pocket with one hand, its a stretch to hit the power button on the top. I liked sliding open the Pre or hitting the power button on the side on the Nexus.

I can go on for hours with the comparisons and my opinions lol. I'd be glad to answer any more specific questions.

As for the EVO 3D now... Its still sitting in rice and I really hope it drys out so I can return it. I am one of the people who would switch to ATT for the Pre 3 so I need to get out of this contract.
    haha We have Calvin and Hobbes in the same thread
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    haha We have Calvin and Hobbes in the same thread
    I actually tried for Calvin as my handle originally as that is what I use in other forums but wasn't available and somehow Calvin638 didn't have the same coolness to it.
    Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Just to give you an update... The rice seemed to have worked on the internals and the phone has booted up and works perfectly!

Now the bad news... The screen looks terrible when you hold it at a certain angle. Check out this picture:

... When you hold it straight on, it looks fine though. Hopefully I can return it!

Feel bad for you man.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    True story. I was pretty drunk and trying to unzip my fly to pee with my phone in my hand and dropped my dumb phone in the toilet. luckily i hadn't started yet but i crammed my hand into that water with hand speed that would impress Muhammad Ali. My pants fell to the ground, lol, but i grabbed that phone on the first try. Amazingly, darn thing worked fine. Still would work today if i didn't change carriers to sprint. Samsung build one durable dumb phone.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Glad to hear you are ok. I was afraid that big phone may have weighed you down. :-)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Don't these phones have strips or something that can tell the tech whether the phone has gotten wet? Thus you may not be able to return it anyways. Good luck though.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    The whole idea of a 'trial' boggles me. Yes or no? do you actually want the damn phone? is what I would ask.
    next time you should move the pool away from the back door before you fill it -- haha

sorry to hear of your loss
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast