Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    A delay of 1-2 weeks isn't a big deal, but as others have said, if it gets delayed to the end of August, that is more of a problem. Realistically, if the phone is delayed into September, it SHOULD get a spec bump, perhaps a dual-core 1.2GHz to keep it as a flagship device.
    Realistically, if about 500,000 devices were manufactured for July launch, no company can stand the cost of throwing that amount away because best-case-scenario they will only need the open each phone and throwing a CPU chip to the trash but more likely other modifications will be needed as well like a new mother board or eve a thicker package.
    IMO, a spec bump will delay at least 5-6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    A delay of 1-2 weeks isn't a big deal, but as others have said, if it gets delayed to the end of August, that is more of a problem. Realistically, if the phone is delayed into September, it SHOULD get a spec bump, perhaps a dual-core 1.2GHz to keep it as a flagship device.
    There is no reason to throw a dual core processor in there if the OS isn't optimized take advantage of that power. That's a pretty significant change that would take more than a month to accommodate. I'd rather have a higher res screen but that again is a pretty drastic change that would take time to optimize the processor and battery life for the extra pixels. I'd rather them keep the current specs and take the time on the software which is what I think they are doing. Putting in a LTE/Wimax chip in there just doesn't make sense with a 1230 battery but it will make the phone more competitive and future friendly.
    Whatever happened to the hpeeeeeeeeeee guy? Rumour has it he missed a product cycle and then someone stole his mojo....
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Whatever happened to the hpeeeeeeeeeee guy? Rumour has it he missed a product cycle and then someone stole his mojo....
    He is still in the bathroom going hpeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    There is no reason to throw a dual core processor in there if the OS isn't optimized take advantage of that power. That's a pretty significant change that would take more than a month to accommodate. I'd rather have a higher res screen but that again is a pretty drastic change that would take time to optimize the processor and battery life for the extra pixels. I'd rather them keep the current specs and take the time on the software which is what I think they are doing. Putting in a LTE/Wimax chip in there just doesn't make sense with a 1230 battery but it will make the phone more competitive and future friendly.
    Linux on the kernel level is designed for multi-threading, which is at the heart of WebOS. Even if each application isn't designed with that in mind, the different applications WOULD be split between the two processor cores. We have seen that on PCs from the time that dual-core processors first showed up in consumer level machines where you see a HUGE improvement in having a second processor core, even if each application only runs on one or the other.
    Mr. Ski Mask should think about doing a video like Raging Bull:

Mr. Ski Mask: Is it done?
    HP: No, it's not done.
    Mr. Ski Mask: Don't overcook it. You overcook it, it's no good. It defeats its own purpose.
    [HP gives buyers a stern but nasty look]
    Mr. Ski Mask: What are you doin'? I just said don't overcook it. You're overcookin' it, bring it over.
    HP: You want your phone?
    Mr. Ski Mask: Bring it over. Bring it over! It's like a piece of charcoal! Bring it over here!
    HP: You want your phone?
    Mr. Ski Mask: YEAH, RIGHT NOW!
    [HP throws Pre3 at Mr Ski Mask.]
    HP: Okay. There's your stupid phone. Can't wait for it to be done?
    Mr. Ski Mask: No, I can't wait.
    HP: Good! Okay? Happy? Happy?
    Mr. Ski Mask: That's all I want. That's all I want!
    HP: That's... there! No, more! There!
    [Mr. Ski Mask routinely flips the table]
    Mr. Ski Mask: Bodder me abott a phone? Huh?
    HP: That's GREAT!
    Mr. Ski Mask: I'M GONNA GET AN ANDROID!
    HP: YEAH!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    The cute girls Paaalm guy got in his videos leads me to believe he got an iphone.
    take note: this is why people buy iphones.

REAL cute girls, meanwhile, are more attracted to the cute track runner with the 1998 dumbphone that 'still works' than they are to the terminally obese smartphone nerd with the iphone that's 'totally gonna get me laid'.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    yawn, more needy entitled consumers (all from one country, most of them from one carrier) trying to blackmail a global corporation into releasing a product it obviously feels isn't ready to be released because it might otherwise lose single customers.

do any of you how many more customers HP stands to gain if they release a product without (m)any flaws? do you know how mad you'd all be if HP threw the Pre3 out this week running unoptimized webOS 2.1.5.9 without touch-to-share and other advertised features to be delivered in an OTA update?
    do you even care about that or do you just want to complain, hoping that if you complain enough about the phone not being released now you may have a chance to complain even more about the phone's premature release later?
    Yes...definitely wait until the product is perfect before releasing....we saw how well that worked for them with the Touchpad....
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Other than Apple (who can do no wrong), has anyone ever released a perfect product, that required no further refinements once subjected to a lot of real world use?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Other than Apple (who can do no wrong), has anyone ever released a perfect product, that required no further refinements once subjected to a lot of real world use?
    1. The wheel
    2. Bruce Willis!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    Oh good morning Debbie Downer! Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this fine HPalm morning?
    No, woke up on the wrong side of the ocean. USA! USA! USA!

-Homer Simpson out.

jk'ing btw, so liiiiggghhhtten up Francis. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    1. The wheel
    2. Bruce Willis!
    You forgot Farrah Faucett...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

alonhzn likes this.
    Then watch this. That's what I do.

The Greg Sterlace Show
    Didn't you get the memo? He works for Rahul Sood over at Apple now :.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12