View Poll Results: Do you get a discount from your company for cell phone service?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a discount available

80 86.02%
  • No, I don't get a discount

10 10.75%
  • I have a discount available, but I choose not to use it (home service, don't need it, etc)

3 3.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I apologize if there's a better forum to stick this in.. mods feel free to move it if so.

I'm one of those folks on Sprint that would love a new webOS phone, even though it appears atm that there are none forthcoming.

However, in discussions about changing carriers, I notice a lot of folks mention subsidies from their companies having an impact on their pricing of competing carriers. I just wanted to find out how many folks have those subsidies..

I've worked in IT for almost 20 years, and have had 1 (one) employer offer a subsidy for cell service. And that was in 1998. =)

As I've said in previous posts, I'll stick with Sprint till they run out of inventory to replace my cracked usb port/dead screen/bad radio/oreo issues with the Pre-, or until they carry a webOS device.
    I have a 13% discount on the main plan on Verizon. This is why I switched today from Sprint Sprint doesn't offer me one single % off.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    27 Percent, so it will be tough financially to leave Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I have a 13% discount on the main plan on Verizon. This is why I switched today from Sprint Sprint doesn't offer me one single % off.
    All you have to do to get 10% off your Sprint bill and waived activation fees is be a credit union member or have a AOL email. If you don't already have a AOL email just create one lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by theclares View Post
    27 Percent, so it will be tough financially to leave Sprint
    +1
    I pay $30/month for unlimited everything. It's an OLD corporate plan.
    totoro80 likes this.
    25% off of monthly plan.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I voted but you're just going to get a count of who has, who hasn't of the ppl that reply. No real comparison statistics.

I've been enjoying 24% corp discount at Sprint for years. Another reason why I can't leave sprint.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The people that keep saying they can't leave Sprint because of the discount. Have you asked Verizon and At&t? A discount is very standard stuff in the industry, I bet you get a similar discount through both of them as well.
    Everyone on Sprint should be able to get a Corporate "Employee Value Plan" discount:

Are you getting your Sprint EVP Discount?

If you are a member of a credit union, you should get at least 10%. Students can get more. Self employed tend to get about 18%. If you are employed by a big corporation, your discount can be even 20% or more.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I voted but you're just going to get a count of who has, who hasn't of the ppl that reply. No real comparison statistics.
    nah.. I wasn't planning on publishing a paper on this. :-)

That's not what these webforum polls are for, though.

:-P

(not crazy about the default emoticons)
    I used to work for Sprint as a 3rd party retail sales rep (basically I stood in Wal-Marts trying to get people to buy Sprint phones.) I haven't worked for them in a few years, but they still haven't taken me off the plan they gave me. That's why it's hard for me to leave Sprint, I get 3000 minutes and unlimited data and texts for under $40 a month taxes included. I really hope Sprint gets another WebOS phone, even with other discounts from AT&T or Verizon, I'd still be paying almost double of what I am now if I switched.
    I'm getting 22% from Sprint and I just added Verizon 2 days ago to lock in unlimited data and I get 17% with them...now I wait...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

25%
    21% here. Wasn't a deal breaker for me until I added a line. Now I can't see bailing to Verizon or AT&T anytime soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Come play with my Twitter.
    My employer offers the following discounts:

VZW 22%
    AT&T 23%
    Sprint 25%
    T-Mobile 12%

I choose Sprint (and not just because of the 2% higher discount).
    I get 17% off AT&T, made me switch from Sprint 2 months ago.
    25% off Verizon. Sprint doesn't give employer a discount.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    18% with Sprint, 25% off accessories
    22% with Verizon, 25% off accessories
    Rough difference between Sprint & Verizon - $50+/Mo. using similar plans.
    Should've jumped to Verizon from Sprint a few days ago before Unlimited was canceled and got Pre2 BUT waiting for Pre3. Is $500+ more annually worth it? I travel cross country driving a truck and other drivers say Big Red's coverage and signal is a lot better + mobile hotspot (Pre3 not 4g, so IDK if that's a deal breaker). Hope that reliable sources and info are wrong and Sprint carries Pre3 but not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    19% across the board sprint/verizon/at&t

just moved to at&t with an off contract HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast