View Poll Results: Do you get a discount from your company for cell phone service?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a discount available

80 86.02%
  • No, I don't get a discount

10 10.75%
  • I have a discount available, but I choose not to use it (home service, don't need it, etc)

3 3.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    I pay $30/month for unlimited everything. It's an OLD corporate plan.
    DAMN! i wouldn't leave sprint for anything either!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have Sprint Adv F&F 500. It's $30/month with 500 landline minutes and everything else is unlimited.
    20% off every carrier but Sprint is still a lot cheaper than everyone else and signal is good at home (better than at&T or tmobile), ok at work (similar to At&T worse than verizon but I can roam on verizon ).
    Quote Originally Posted by danh35 View Post
    I used to work for Sprint as a 3rd party retail sales rep (basically I stood in Wal-Marts trying to get people to buy Sprint phones.) I haven't worked for them in a few years, but they still haven't taken me off the plan they gave me. That's why it's hard for me to leave Sprint, I get 3000 minutes and unlimited data and texts for under $40 a month taxes included. I really hope Sprint gets another WebOS phone, even with other discounts from AT&T or Verizon, I'd still be paying almost double of what I am now if I switched.
    I'm in the same situation. I briefly worked for Radio Shack in 2005 and got on the 3rd-party reseller plan then. Still on it. It's the same plan as yours, except it only costs me $20 a month. Of course, I'm never eligible for an upgrade, but given the stupid amount of money I save, I don't care one bit.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I'm in the same situation. I briefly worked for Radio Shack in 2005 and got on the 3rd-party reseller plan then. Still on it. It's the same plan as yours, except it only costs me $20 a month. Of course, I'm never eligible for an upgrade, but given the stupid amount of money I save, I don't care one bit.

Yeah, that's the same plan as mine, $20 base, but when I set it up, they had $5/month add on for unlimited roaming and I have the equipment protection also, so with taxes and everything it totals between $35 and $40 each month. If you are out of contract, you can try upgrading at Best Buy and you'll probably keep the plan. When I got my Pre, I bought it at Best Buy for the upgrade price fully expecting to have to switch to a normal plan, but after the sales rep set it up, I asked him what plan I was on, and he said they same one you had.
  6.    #26  
    Wow.. That's a lot of discounting going on!

I just started a new job today. I need to ask them about discounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by danh35 View Post
    If you are out of contract, you can try upgrading at Best Buy and you'll probably keep the plan. When I got my Pre, I bought it at Best Buy for the upgrade price fully expecting to have to switch to a normal plan, but after the sales rep set it up, I asked him what plan I was on, and he said they same one you had.
    Unless things have changed, Sprint allows you to take an upgrade discount only if you are on a plan that costs $35 a month or greater.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12