Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    The Pre 3 seems to have the "Product Details" section which includes the "Tech Specs" missing from it's page. This is displayed on the TP and the Veer pages but not on the Pre 3 as shown in the screen shots below. This information used to be on the Pre 3 page as you can see by cached page pic.

"Tech Specs" section in addition to specs includes the carriers that the device will be on (also displayed on the "Overview" section) as well as the participating retailers.

It should also be noted that it appears the site was slightly redesigned, you can see the slight layout difference between the cached and current version of the Pre 3 page.

Let the speculations and rumors begin...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deesugar; 07/07/2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Hardware Updates?

Maybe

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    Hardware Updates?

Maybe
    unlikely
    timeweb2 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Be warned but if you wanna go full crazy with this then look at this:

GCT Semiconductor unveils GDM7225 WiMax 2 chip 4x faster than other chips - SlashGear

Clearwire to trial WiMAX 2 in 2011, deploy in 2012?

If I were to link these bits of news to a conspiracy it would go like this...

"Hi, my name is Sprint but you also know me as that crazy network that went first with WiMax, then changed my mind and now wants to get into LTE using a GPS disrupting technology... Sorry US Gov, my bad. Would I be using both WiMAX and LTE together for at least 2 years, probably. I'm crazy remember?

Oh, you want to know about if we'll carry the Pre 3? Well I can't really talk about that but I'm in talks with HP. What are we talking about? I can't tell you that either Silly, did you hear it's delayed till the fall..? Hold on my new WiMAX 2 chips just came in, they could make our 4G network twice as fast and differentiate us from our competitors" [coy smile]
    Clearwire would have been bankrupt without a Sprint bailout, and the WiMax network rollout has been much slower than Sprint expected. There's no conspiracy as to why Sprint isn't interested in putting all their eggs into Clearwire anymore.
  6.    #6  
    EvilKell,
    Bailing out a company is one thing, changing technologies is another. But this conspiracy post is about the change in the Pre 3 website and why some of the information has been removed not the relationship between Sprint and Clearwire.
    Page still up on HP UK.

HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone - Business Mobile Phones

And it never showed up on HP Canada.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    My pure speculative guess (what the heck) is Palm is swamped with handling TouchPad bugs and so the Pre3 US release will be delayed until they can focus on 3.0 for the phones (and VZW does not wish to release a 2.x version as it has the Pre2 so it wants to wait for 3.0, for that matter ATT has the Veer)
  9.    #9  
    ToniCipriani,
    Europe is launching first and they don't have the same carriers that the US has (i.e. WiMAX 2). [/ConspiracyTheory]
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Or they now know the carriers and they are redesigning the page to include that information.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    mehigh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Or they now know the carriers and they are redesigning the page to include that information.
    I would have to think that would be a simple redesign and not one that they'd have to take down for a considerable amount of time, if at all. I'd be more inclined to think SOMETHING has changed, whether large or not, and they don't want incorrect information to be out there any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azthel View Post
    unlikely
    Unlikely? Again, maybe but not impossible.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Upgrading the specs is my guess. Why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azthel View Post
    unlikely
    more likely than you think !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    LordSecksie likes this.
    I expect carrier info and stuff, but a hardware upgrade would be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    My pure speculative guess (what the heck) is Palm is swamped with handling TouchPad bugs and so the Pre3 US release will be delayed until they can focus on 3.0 for the phones (and VZW does not wish to release a 2.x version as it has the Pre2 so it wants to wait for 3.0, for that matter ATT has the Veer)
    They need more people. Honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I think a hw change is unlikely because the fcc has already approved all phones, and they will have to re-approve them, won't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    I think a hw change is unlikely because the fcc has already approved all phones, and they will have to re-approve them, won't they?
    No, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have the 'older' models approved because they can then be used in the US even if they're sold elsewhere. they'd just need to also get the 'newer' models approved as well.

If what they say about a bumped TouchPad being due soon is true, I can believe rumors about a bumped Pre3. Maybe HP will veer () off the Apple path and offer smart devices the way they're offering PCs: in a myriad different configurations for you to choose from, with new configurations being ready for sale every other month.

That would be pretty cool, and p*ss off half the forum in the process because that's too fast an update cycle: 'why buy HP if your device is gonna be outdated in two months, might as well buy an Android and have more APPS!!'
    Since android phones never become obsolete a month after they're out. =P
    thanks for understanding the point I was trying to make
    lupos, JayhawkOne and sm07 like this.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast