Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    To me, Pre│ compete with no one, because I simply cannot buy...

Serious! This stories about "compare when launch" is time lost...

I only can say that compete who is in market.

The Atrix can compete with IPhone 4 that can compete with Galaxy S2 that compete with Milestone/Droid 2, etc...

PrPrPrÚ│ $is$ $not$ $available$ $to$ $sell$; $so$, $is$ $not$ $an$ $option$.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Development cycles are 8-10 months now. The Droid X was Aug 2010 and the Droid X2 was June 2011. That's 10 months. The Droid 2 was August 2010 and the Droid Pro was November. The Droid 3 is now.

The Samsung Galaxy S was July 2010 and the Galaxy S II was April 2011. That's 9 months. Samsung has already said that the Galaxy S III will be at CES 2012. That's 9 months.

February 9 to September 21 is 7 1/2 months. That's a design cycle.

HP said that they missed a design cycle. The Pre 3 was a great phone for when it was to be released in Spring 2010. It was close in specs to the original EVO, Galaxy S, Droid X, Incredible, etc. It was to match the iPhone 3GS and came pretty close.

The Pre 3 that we will see in September will be what was supposed to have been the Pre 4. It will be able to compete with the EVO 3D and Droid X2. It may not equal the Galaxy S II because that was such a huge leap forward but it will be able to compete head on. And it will compete with the iPhone 4. The iPhone 5 may be another matter.

Remember HP does not make phones. Foxconn is who currently makes HP branded phones. Foxconn can turn around a development cycle in 8-10 months.
    We can hope. From what we've seen though, another refresh doesn't seem likely. HP doesn't work quickly... it's not their fault, really, it's just the way their corporate hive mind works. :P
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I would hope that HP would relize that the Pre3 needs a small bump- mostly in small things to get it out the door and be competitive.

Specs are not everything- true- and judeing from my Pre2, the Pre3 with a 40% faster CPU will blaze WebOS just like the pre2 does but even moreso

Jump it to 1gig of ram, make storage 16/32 not 8/16 - and give it Verizon and Sprint 4g variants- LTE and WiMax respectively.

Maybe throw in a slightly higher pixle count screen for those apparent tech reviewers that have eagle eyes and can even see the pixles on the iphone!! omgz
    is it just me or the pre3's specs page now shows a dual-core 1.2 Ghz snapdragon?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
    is it just me or the pre3's specs page now shows a dual-core 1.2 Ghz snapdragon?!?
    Link?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Probably a typo? Its the APQ8060, same as the Touchpad.
  7.    #47  
    There are no specs for the Pre 3 on the US website, hence the title of this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Probably a typo? Its the APQ8060, same as the Touchpad.
    Definitely a typo. APQ8060 is the radio-less version of the MSM8X60 family of Snapdragon processors (used in the EVO 3D).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    would be amusing if they retool the pre3 to be exactly a touchpad only phone form factor, then they can optimize one and they optimize both and put 3.x on the pre3 ... Or they just had a copy paste job from the tp page somewhere along the line in the myriad of hp pages...
    Just a thought:

If they did swap out the CPU to use the same one as on the TP, then the Pre 3 and the touchpad would likely be able to use the same dual core optimized OS, and would be a more efficient managment excercise, yielding lower "fragmentation" of OS versions, although, Id much rather have a faster single core CPU on a smartphone.

Just a thought....
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Here is a link to the Pre 3 pages: HP webOS for 4G Pre3. Simply Amazing. | HP Official(R) Site

It is missing the Spec page but if you put your cursor over the page title it says "HP webOS for 4G Pre 3". I wonder if that is why the Spec page was eliminated?
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Jump it to 1gig of ram
    That you would like 4G, higher pixel density and whatnot - that's all fine. I get it.

But 1 GB or RAM? What for? Why do you want to pay for 512 MB of extra *unused* RAM that sits there empty and needs battery juice?

Please have a look at the videos where people show 50+ running apps - including 3D Games, email, Google Maps, etc.. - running on Pre+ and Pre2 with 512 MB.

RAM was occasioanally tight on the 256 MB original Pres and Pixis. But with the extra 256 MB of the later 512 models RAM was plentyful.

1 GB RAM is pure spec bragging - it won't make your smartphone run any better or faster. It's 512 MB of utterly useless RAM. It'll just be there and never get used.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  13.    #54  
    One things for sure, it's not coming to Sprint!

Exclusive: Pre 3 not coming to Sprint | This is my next...
  14.    #55  
    As I've said before it's been taken off the US site. The European sites are unchanged as was previously mentioned in this thread. Pre 3 "Product Details" and "Tech Specs" are removed from the US Website and still that way.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

Right. For sure ;-)
    It is interesting, though, that it does show that dual core CPU.

From the Qualcomm PRPRPR $on$ $2$-$11$-$11$:

"Qualcomm’s embedded CPUs and GPUs are designed from the ground up to deliver unprecedented processing and 3D graphics performance with industry-leading efficiency to extend battery life. The 8x60 family, with the APQ8060 being the newest addition, is part of the third generation of the Snapdragon family and is the ultimate solution for the latest multi-tasking smartphones and tablets. The third-generation includes: two asynchronous processor cores; an integrated Adreno 220 GPU with twice the processing power of its predecessor; support for up to a 16 Megapixel camera; and can capture and display HD 1080P stereoscopic video or 8 Megapixel stereoscopic still images to an autostereoscopic panel or a 3DTV (via HDMI), allowing consumers to capture high resolution video or stills and watch them without the need for special glasses."
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

As I've said before it's been taken off the US site. The European sites are unchanged as was previously mentioned in this thread. Pre 3 "Product Details" and "Tech Specs" are removed from the US Website and still that way.
    Seems to me that it is possible that HP has pulled the Pre 3 and will not be releasing it at all.
  18.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    Seems to me that it is possible that HP has pulled the Pre 3 and will not be releasing it at all.
    Highly unlikely and unfounded.

I can`t say I believe it 100%. Just a few days ago.There were post of some codes hinting at a possible sprint return.Then you have people dropping dates that are rubbish.Nobody thought or knew that the veer was going to be 4g but most people were thinking it was another 3g version. So I say until we have a confirmation from Sprint or HP people should`nt read to much into anything. Even reliable sites can and have been wrong.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast