Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GodShapedHole
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Skinomi TechSkin - HP Pre 3 Screen Protector

How did they get the measurements of the device if it's not out yet?
    Well there are plenty of review units around... but my guess would be that HP will have published this sort of information to get accessories made!
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    Skinomi TechSkin - HP Pre 3 Screen Protector

How did they get the measurements of the device if it's not out yet?
    How do you know the Pre3 is a killer smartphone if its not out yet? lol
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    There's a difference between looking at the device in some exhibition or pictures and getting exact measurements! notice that Skinomi also offer full body covers which requires much more than a screen size and shape.
    If HP had published drawings, where are them?
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    There's a difference between looking at the device in some exhibition or pictures and getting exact measurements! notice that Skinomi also offer full body covers which requires much more than a screen size and shape.
    If HP had published drawings, where are them?
    It's safe to assume that HP provided plenty of information and even models ahead of time to interested business partners (under NDA).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Device makers put out devices and measurement to accessory makers really early. This is why alot of leaks are from accessory makers.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    or they are just saying its available when it really is not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Device makers put out devices and measurement to accessory makers really early. This is why alot of leaks are from accessory makers.
    This guy knows what he's talking about. Hardware manufacturers give early units and detailed blueprints to accessory manufacturers all the time (under NDA, of course) so accessories are ready for sale when the device itself becomes available.

I'd give thanks, but neither the mobile forums nor the Forums app support thanks or likes, so... feel thanked
    Rennat likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about. Hardware manufacturers give early units and detailed blueprints to accessory manufacturers all the time (under NDA, of course) so accessories are ready for sale when the device itself becomes available.

I'd give thanks, but neither the mobile forums nor the Forums app support thanks or likes, so... feel thanked
    Thank you, I do feel thanked (and my IQ just rose to a 56!!!)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne