Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, if you go to the Pre3 learn more site, it has been a blank page for a few days. I got it to load today and i noticed something different:

1. Within wireless coverage area only. Actual speeds may vary. Email, mobile number, and related information required for setup and activation. Required data services sold separately; unlimited plan recommended and may be required. Not all web content may be available.

All Sprint phone require unlimited plans for the newer phones since the samsung instinct came out. Also to note that Sprint is the only carrier that still has unlimited data.

It might be a clue, might not, but I am pretty sure that changed. You can go look yourself here:

HP Pre3 Smartphone | Business Mobile Phones | HP(R) Official Site
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coincidental, I'd bet. :-(
    Verizon had an "unlimited" data plan until just recently.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Verizon had an "unlimited" data plan until just recently.
    yea but it was not required
    Impressive close reading, but it's just HP lawyers covering the company's **** so you can't sue them if you use a Pre without a data plan and rack up a ten thousand dollar bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Impressive close reading, but it's just HP lawyers covering the company's **** so you can't sue them if you use a Pre without a data plan and rack up a ten thousand dollar bill.
    Unfortunately I think he's right, and it's just lawyer talk..

fun radom fact: When I hear bad news regarding sprint/webOS it makes me sad, and it always takes me a while to realize "hey, you live in Canada, it doesn't impact you in any way" But in the end, I still feel sad
    I hope it means that the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint!
    angiest likes this.
    Reading way too much into it.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    yea but it was not required
    Says "may be" required.

Others are right. Complete legal-ease.

"unlimited plan recommended and may be required"
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    What about the fact that HP no longer has any Technical Specifications for the Pre3 on its website. Not 'Features' but technical specifications.

You remember the list of specifications they provided last month that included the 'Beats Audio' reference. Those specifications can't be found and nothing has taken their place.
    marda187 likes this.
    I think you're overreaching my friend. I really want to see it but it does look like the typical fine print found on most similar pages in order to cover unforeseen liabilities.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Reading way too much into it.
    In the desert of Sprint land, you start to see a mirage.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    AT&T continues to advertise an unlimited family plan I think on TV. Its one of those commercials with the sharply dressed woman (red/white dress) and the not so together guy. She says something about an unlimited family plan. I don't pay attention much because I'll never be an AT&T customer.

I don't get in all this rhetoric, will/won't Sprint get a webOS phone. I think the whole idea that they won't is non-sense. HP will grow a great platform, Sprint will find something they can make money with, and webOS will return to Sprint. When I don't know. But Pre minuses will get me by until. I am not seating the short term.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    AT&T continues to advertise an unlimited family plan I think on TV. Its one of those commercials with the sharply dressed woman (red/white dress) and the not so together guy.
    The red-white dress woman is a T-Mobile commercial.
    I think you are reaching. I hope it will come but am prepared for it not to arrive on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    All Sprint phone require unlimited plans for the newer phones since the samsung instinct came out. Also to note that Sprint is the only carrier that still has unlimited data.
    ...in the United States
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wassupTC View Post
    The red-white dress woman is a T-Mobile commercial.
    I knew I was not paying attention!

OK, so I still think it was unlimited, right?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I knew I was not paying attention!

OK, so I still think it was unlimited, right?
    You're correct. T-Mobile (for now) offers unlimited data. Unless the U.S. government gets in the way, however, T-Mobile is soon to be absorbed by AT&T and almost certainly the unlimited data will be dispatched with.
    T-Mobile does have unlimited data up to certain caps. Different pricing for different caps. Sprint still best deal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Cap != unlimited
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast