View Poll Results: Will you buy the Pre 3

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll buy it no matter when it comes out.

    64 53.78%
  • I will buy it if it comes out in summer.

    26 21.85%
  • I wont buy it if it comes out in fall.

    29 24.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    If the Pre 3 was released in july then it would have been my next phone, but now that they are saying fall I'm definitely not getting it. Does the release date of buying this phone affect if you'll buy it or not?
  2. #2  
    The pre3 has until the sept or if/when the new iphone comes out. I'm tired of the waiting game and I honestly don't believe a thing that comes out of hp's collective mouth!
  3. #3  
    If it comes out on Sprint, I'd buy it whenever, but if not, whole different ballgame.
  4. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #4  
    Voted: I wont buy it if it comes out in fall.
    I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Bell, if by July 19th Pre3 is not sold unlocked by HP (which it will not, to be released in US by fall).

    I'll probably evaluate Pre4, hoping HP will get their act straight. So far they are playing the same game Palm did, releasing half-products, in a rush to try to stop the iPad/iPhone sales. They failed miserably... that coming from an anti-apple guy.
    Last edited by T3CK; 07/05/2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: sO FAR
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  5. #5  
    Already got my Veer... Satisfied with my purchase. Won't consider anything else until my contract is up in 2 years or until some truly transformative tech comes along.
  6. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #6  
    may get the touchpadGO, at that point I think I'd wait for that one instead.
  7. #7  
    Need 4th option for those of us who don't use unlocked devices:

    I'll buy it if it comes to my carrier
    I see pandas.
  8. #8  
    Just got a Samsung Facinate on Verizon to lock in unlimited data for the Pre 3! Cost $50 & I can trade it within 6 months for $300 off the list price of the Pre 3...hopefully only $599. Gotta' say, it's frisky but I can't stand not having a physical keyboard! Ready to throw it against the wall! Still going to use my Pre on Sprint until I trade this...just going to play with this at home.
  9. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by abocornwall View Post
    If the Pre 3 was released in july then it would have been my next phone, but now that they are saying fall I'm definitely not getting it. Does the release date of buying this phone affect if you'll buy it or not?
    Just to clarify, that unless by "they" you mean anyone besides HP, then there is no official word that the release has been moved to the fall. It's all still rumors at this point (unfortunately).
  10. #10  
    A few months is not going to be a big deal for me, besides, I want a webOS phone that will connect with my TouchPad.
  11. aapold's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    #11  
    I would have bought it when it came out had there been news of it by now. As it is, too late now.
  12. #12  
    I'll be buying it. I'm still using my pre-. I don't care what network It's on. I just want it to come out within the next two months. I'll be happy with it no matter what and I do plan on the pre3 being my next phone.
  13. #13  
    I'll buy it if it comes out on Sprint. If it doesn't come out but they announce another WebOS phone on Sprint, I'll probably get that. If neither of those happen, I'll probably Pre2 my Pre-.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14. #14  
    I have a Franken Pre 2 on Sprint, and don't feel a need to upgrade. However if the Pre 3 does come out on Sprint, I will probably get it.
  15. #15  
    I am eligible for an upgrade right now on Verizon. I can get a Pre 2 for 99 bucks but I want to wait for the Pre 3 and see if I can upgrade to that. Depending on how much it is with my upgrade price and if I can afford it, I will get the Pre 3. Waiting doesnt matter since I am already running 2.1 on my device just fine. When they start releasing bigger updates that my phone cant update to, then I will be anxious to upgrade. But as for now, I can wait and the delay of the Pre 3 doesnt bother me.
  16. #16  
    I'll buy it if it comes out before the N9. After that I'll see if the Harmattan platform is good enough and might buy it. Was planning on giving webOS a go though...
  17. #17  
    I'll buy it as soon as it shows up for a reasonable price on Amazon.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  18. #18  
    I'm not in a HUGE hurry to upgrade my Pre -. Don't get me wrong, the next Sprint webOS phone will get my upgrade but my Pre- workes great still and does everything I want it to. With Sprint TEP, I've gotten a new one anytime something fails on the phone. It is like new at this point. I do want it to come out sooner than later on Sprint simply so that people who need a new phone have the option to choose a webOS phone.
  19. #19  
    Staying with Sprint no matter what.

    Hope the Pre3 still comes to Sprint but not holding my breath.
  20. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #20  
    You know what HP could do, they could sell current users Pre2's for a very fair price. Then we (Sprint users) could all have Sprint FrankenPre's and be much happier waiting
    Dan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions