Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    HP gave a Pre3 to all tablet reviewers, so they can experience the tablet sync. It does not mean Pre3 is ready to be released.
    im saying if the phone is out there and working and can be used
    it can not be to far out . thats it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I know, that is all I want also to get a Pre3. But there is no announcement, Pre3 was promoted before the tablet and Veer, yet both of these products are sold now, while Pre3 is "scheduled" for fall?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I know, that is all I want also to get a Pre3. But there is no announcement, Pre3 was promoted before the tablet and Veer, yet both of these products are sold now, while Pre3 is "scheduled" for fall?
    all i can say to you is ..... if you can hold out , it will be worth it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Hold out how long and worth what exactly? Right now there are devices with much better specs than Pre3. As much as I like WebOS, you are telling me to wait for the release of a phone that has half the power/functionality of existing phones?

If Pre3 would be available by the end of July as promised, I will get it for sure. I don't care that the phone is lacking several standard features on other modern phones (like dual core, microsd, hdmi, dlna, etc.). But I'm not going to wait months to get a phone that is already deprecated in technology before is released.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Hold out how long and worth what exactly? Right now there are devices with much better specs than Pre3. As much as I like WebOS, you are telling me to wait for the release of a phone that has half the power/functionality of existing phones?
    Having played with it several times I can tell you it's OS 2.2 isn't much different then 2.1 but it will be updated to 3.x

Hardware wise it's a whole different phone!
    • Bigger screen brighter 480x800 WVGA
    • Higher capacity battery, longer life
    • Thinner phone, wider keyboard
    • 1.4GHz CPU which was plenty fast
    • Front and rear camera with 5MP auto-focus camera with LED flash, HD 720p
    • Dual mic noise cancellation
    • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi

It was worth it when I played with it
    wassupTC likes this.
    if it has to do with build quality, then tell us
    if it has to do with carriers, then tell us
    if it has to do with spec bumps, then tell us
    if it is beacuse the phone just isnt ready

THEN TELL US. i would have stayed IF they said SOMETHING, ANYTHING

in a company as huge as HP they know that communication is a key to success
    spudland likes this.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i think hp is going to focus on competing in the tablet market. that market is so new that its impossible to be more than 1 generation behind (at the moment). based upon my recent visit to a verizon store, webos isn't on their roadmap. i see the trend in phones is to be more of a mini-tablet than a pre-like device. a successful tablet could be scaled down to a good phone. that could force the carriers to open up to webos when the next generation of webos phones are ready. JRube, are you listening?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Having played with it several times I can tell you it's OS 2.2 isn't much different then 2.1 but it will be updated to 3.x

Hardware wise it's a whole different phone!
    • Bigger screen brighter 480x800 WVGA
    • Higher capacity battery, longer life
    • Thinner phone, wider keyboard
    • 1.4GHz CPU which was plenty fast
    • Front and rear camera with 5MP auto-focus camera with LED flash, HD 720p
    • Dual mic noise cancellation
    • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi

It was worth it when I played with it
    I understand, but all these specs are already bypassed by phones currently available on the market. Even if you wait, the phone will be technologically dead because the new phones being released in few months. Is like telling me you would like to a get a 6 months old computer and pay the same price you do for the latest model.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    cnote1287 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123