Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    spec bump or hardware redesign in the works.
    I can't believe a spec bump will cause less than 2 months delay. It's not simply replacing a chip... I can't believe HP will wait 2 months with the Pre3.
    Removal of the tech specs is a solid bit of evidence supporting a hardware refresh for the Pre3
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    You can see the link for "tech specs" still through a Google's cached page for the Pre 3, but they're definitely gone from HP's current Pre 3 page. Certainly supports the hypothesis that there's a spec bump or hardware redesign in the works. If it is delayed till fall, I really hope the specs are improved.
    Glad to know that I'm not crazy and someone else is seeing what I am.

I think it's a Sprint inspired spec bump to 4G...because that's what I want, not because I have any inside information.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    I can't believe a spec bump will cause less than 2 months delay. It's not simply replacing a chip... I can't believe HP will wait 2 months with the Pre3.
    Two months added to the speculated July 15th release date gives you the recently speculated September release.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Honestly after now useing a Pre2 I can say the onlything the Pre3 needs spec bump wise is a 4g Radio- both LTE and WiMax so it can be 4g branded on all 3 carriers- toss in a bigger battery because that always helps and call it a day.

1400mhz is 40% more than the Pre2 and the Pre2 is pleanty fast
    Pre3 has a nice GPU also that will make it run better.

The Pre3 was in the hands of 90% of the "Real" review makers of the TouchPad- if they could talk about it they could say if the hardware or software seemed lacking/buggy.

I am also betting on a spec bump- most likely just the 4g variant, hopefully larger battery and 1g of ram- followed by 16/32gig storage NOT 8/16 storage

Do those 4 things to the Pre3 - screw the Pre3 maybe release it unlocked or whatever Call it the Pre4G like we know most sales reps will refer to it as lol

I was surprised there was no word or murmering about the pre3 on TP launch events...

When is the "next" event of any sort by HP?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Maybe the german site is outdated, but the specs are still there:
    HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone - Business Mobile Phones

Quote Originally Posted by wassupTC View Post
    Two months added to the speculated July 15th release date gives you the recently speculated September release.
    Moreover, if the leaked roadmap is correct, it says "fall". That could be much later than September. Ugh.
    A spec bump with the current dc cpu from the TP would be good. That and a radio bump (4G LTE?) would be welcome news. That might be why we have the TP in white coming out next month. Have to have the best proc on it's flagship tab and plenty of supply for the 1.2 dc for the phones then. I can hope.
    My guess is that Sprint is testing the phone right now, and probably found some errors in hardware and they're making HP fix them if they want their HP Pre3 on Sprint's network..
    I think it's a Sprint inspired spec bump to 4G...
    Funny, that's exactly what I heard - Sprint wants no new phone without 4G, but I never thought HP would have that prior to the Pre4 - a reworked Pre3 seems out of the ballpark crazy
    Could be even more then just spec bump to 4G:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3020293
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Could be even more then just spec bump to 4G:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3020293
    Dude, seriously, it's pretty lame for you to be pimping your own post. IMHO
    Dude, seriously, it's pretty lame for you to be pimping your own post. IMHO
    Never heard of "pimping a post" LOL
    Just was lazy and didn't want to double post.
    Maybe AT&T and Verizon are the inky carriers willing to support webOS devices right now.

If that's the case AT&T may have told HP they wanted some time to sell Veer's first and not release the Pre 3 so closely. Same with Verizon and the Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Never heard of "pimping a post" LOL
    Just was lazy and didn't want to double post.
    That's cool. Sorry that I took it the wrong way.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Well...the European Pre 3 is slated for release soon...doesn't this have to confirm that it is a US carrier issue of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    Well...the European Pre 3 is slated for release soon...doesn't this have to confirm that it is a US carrier issue of some sort?
    I keep thinking the same thing. Does that mean it's an issue in the radio? And really why would that cause them to take the specs down? Maybe the US is getting the Pre3 Plus! hahaha
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    There is no official confirmation that Pre3 is to be released soon anywhere, just mobile sale sites that constantly change their release date.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    the pre3 cometh ! no but really . peeps that have demo TP's have the pre3 also . so it cant be to far out . just sayin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    HP gave a Pre3 to all tablet reviewers, so they can experience the tablet sync. It does not mean Pre3 is ready to be released.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast