Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    how can a date be delayed if there isn't a date? They said it would be after the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how can a date be delayed if there isn't a date? They said it would be after the touchpad.
    When a product is talked about in February, and month after month pass without any OFFICIAL word on a release, people start to feel that the product has been delayed. This silence is why people are upset, and it isn't JUST about the wait.

Perhaps HP wants to release the Pre 3 with WebOS 3.0 on it, so that is the cause of the wait, but if that is the thing holding it back, then it SHOULD get a spec bump to make it a flagship device, rather than a device that competes with the previous generation of flagship devices from other companies.
    I stopped reading at the word 'feel'.
    the pre3 is "late" because it was announced way back in feb. 5 months have since passed, and not even a launch date has been announced. While rumors like the possible delay to the fall start spreading around without actual statements from hp, I truly believe there is some element of truth to it. It's taking longer than palm (if you believe the theories about the C40 above) and HP (since their announcement of its availability in the summer) envisioned.

the lags and suboptimal reviews of the tp probably has hp going somewhat back to the drawing board and asking...how can webOS be optimized for the pre3's hardware...it may be ok with webos 2.2, but may be having some technical issues with enyo and webOS 3.0.

bottom line, something's up...carrier delay or the above...and its not coming out july 21.
    no it was not announced in feb. show me a link please !! it was said to come out in the end of summer or something like that .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no it was not announced in feb. show me a link please !! it was said to come out in the end of summer or something like that .
    The Official HP Palm Blog: HP webOS: The next big thing -- and the next small thing, too!
    hey nappy thats not an announcement !! lol good try though . an announcement is when they announce a date to be released !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Holding an event to introduce your new phone isn't an announcement. Got it.
    jcerwinske likes this.
    he's talking about an announcment to be released as far as i know so dont be a dippty doo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    This prolly so peeps will not return for a refund all the TP sales. HP leading you on with a carrot!
    even HP realizes if they just lead people on that they will lose business . they are trying to only release well made products dude . even if the OS has a few bugs they are focusing on the quality of the hardware .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes it was. I'm not talking about release dates, but they announced the existence of the pre3 way back in feb. With many other phones, we see leaks all over the place without announcements until a few weeks in advance. With the Pre3, HP was shooting themselves in the foot by announcing its existence well before it was ready to be available to consumers. From here on, I suggest HP leak details on the pre4, opal, etc, rather than announce a product outright that they are not ready to have available to
    consumers. Don't they know that us palm and webOS fans can't handle the waiting anymore???
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Holding an event to introduce your new phone isn't an announcement. Got it.
    Do not inject reality into the Precentral forums. Many webOS users don't like this "reality" concept-thingy.
    jalexmontes likes this.
    The premise of the OP is that the Pre has been delayed. That's only possible if there was an announced launch date, and that dATe had now passed.

neither are the case here.

is it taking a long time? Yep.

should it have taken this long? It depends on whether you think a complete re-write of webOS and launch of an entirely new product family while undergoing a merger.

could another phone maker do it faster? Probably.

does that add up to a delay? Nope.

just sayin.
    jalexmontes likes this.
    If no date there isn't an availability announcement, as far as I can understand.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Newness Developments apps:

given the reviews i'm reading of the touchpad i just want a solid device released.

contract is up in decemer, hopefully there will be a good webos option. if there is i'll probably pick up the touchpad as well.
    It's gotten to the point where I am just going to wait until my upgrade is available on November 1st. I was planning on buying it on release day, but, at this point, it makes no sense to lose the additional savings to be an early adopter.

I have my Touchpad and a functional Pre- which will get me by until November. Now, if Sprint doesn't get a webOS device in November, I will wait until January when my contract is up and jump ship. With the corporate discount available at both AT&T and VZW, the monthly cost will be about the same.
    you and i are in the same boat rburtz.

i've gone from 'whatever webos device isa vailable' to considering every platform available, even (dare i say it?) iOS if the rumors of them coming to sprint are true.

i want webos to succeed, but hp has until december to keep me as a customer.
    The customer's perception is reality. They hold the purse-strings. If you want them to buy your product - if you want them to trust you and your company - you had better manage their perceptions well.

Every customer has a different way of scoring how well you do. We can all sit here and debate when Autumn starts and if it was a proper release date or just a tease, and how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but the end result is that individual perception thing - you can only get customer's excited about your product and then disappoint them so many times before they walk.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    treal likes this.
    fall is way too late. be selling right now (instead of veer) to compete with current hardware/sw thats out now. other manufacturers will be coming out with the next gen stuff! Iphone 5 is rumored to be thinner and lighter and todays rumor... rumors of iphone 5 on sprint! And they may introduce a revolutionary new charging method too!

2012 iPhone rumored to feature new charging method | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

edit: oops, i thought the new charging method was about iphone 5 but it's about 6

Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    given the reviews i'm reading of the touchpad i just want a solid device released.

contract is up in decemer, hopefully there will be a good webos option. if there is i'll probably pick up the touchpad as well.
    Last edited by donm527; 07/07/2011 at 10:30 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast