Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree59Likes
    Or like Charlie Brown desperately hoping this is the one time Lucy won't pull the football away.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I finally went to the darker side (not the dark Apple!). My Pre- finally died after two solid years of use. I got a Nexus S 4G. Love the phone, but Android is just ok, not nearly as clean, intuitive and nice to use as WebOS. The multitude of Apps over WebOS is a definite plus but if a decent WebOS phone does make it to Sprint I'll gladly head back!

Even if the Pre 3 finally does make it out its already somewhat obsolete. I can only guess that the hold up is with signing on carriers and not a hardware/OS holdup.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    I finally went to the darker side (not the dark Apple!). My Pre- finally died after two solid years of use. I got a Nexus S 4G. Love the phone, but Android is just ok, not nearly as clean, intuitive and nice to use as WebOS. The multitude of Apps over WebOS is a definite plus but if a decent WebOS phone does make it to Sprint I'll gladly head back!

Even if the Pre 3 finally does make it out its already somewhat obsolete. I can only guess that the hold up is with signing on carriers and not a hardware/OS holdup.
    The positive with Nexus S 4G is Google pushes OTA updates faster than any other device OEM. Soon, Google will unveil the Nexus Prime.
    But back to the Pre 3....
    Oops! Sorry Bev...I misremembered my surroundings :.)
    I wonder if anyone at HP/Palm ever reads these postings. I bet they have a pool going to see if anyone can figure out what their real plans are. But they'd have to have a plan in the first place, wouldn't they.

But seriously, I waited for the original Pre and it arrived and I was almost awed. Bought it, returned it, then bought it again - and have that one to this day. Waited for TouchPad and then it came. I waited for the OTA update and then it too came - then I bought it.

So I will continue to wait for the Pre 3. Carrier-wise, I'd prefer Sprint, but have had good service with AT&T and Verizon as well. And if it has Wi-max on Sprint, I'm sure the extra monthly charges will take away some of the glitz.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
    And if it has Wi-max on Sprint, I'm sure the extra monthly charges will take away some of the glitz.
    Remember, the extra monthly charge is now whether it has wimax or not. It applies to all smart phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Remember, the extra monthly charge is now whether it has wimax or not. It applies to all smart phones.
    This is why we were done with Sprint. Wasn't to give them another $20 a month when I could customize a more usable plan elsewhere for our needs.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    @markawashington -- You're the OP in this thread, and you have indeed been saying for a long time that Sprint will have the Pre3 with WiMax. I believe this was your first post on the subject, in April ...

Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    Sprint is merging with google next year so it will get the latest android devices first Pre3 will come to sprint but not til sept with WiMax
    My problem with your statements is that I'm pretty darn sure you don't have a legitimate, knowledgeable source who has told you that Sprint will be merging with Google. At least, not if Sprint really is goint to merge with Google. Because if things actually rolled out that way, then you and your source would probably be looking at some "vacation" time. And since I know the merger part of the story is not true, that leads me to question the rest of the story.

Is Sprint really getting the Pre3, along with both Verizon and AT&T? And will Sprint's version really be WiMax? And will all that happen on or around September 8? Maybe. I'm just saying that someone who says Sprint will be merging with Google is not a person who can be relied upon to answer those questions.
    - Bubba
    Yo Mark!
    Where ya at man? Help us out please!

Reveal don't Conceal,
    Share don't Beware,
    Provide don't Hide,
    Persist don't Resist,
    Confess don't Protest,
    Tell us don't Mess up.
  11.    #71  
    To my understanding it's still coming. Who knew this was going to happen to HP webOs. I am kind of disappointed since I bought the HP touchpad. And of course they should have came out with phone and Pad at same time. (why maybe no sales because people want the phone and touchpad thats what makes it cool) So I havent heard any word yet from my source. But to my understanding from what I heard was September for all major carriers in U.S includes Sprint.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I hope you're right, it would be so funny at this point.

Weird how I got so excited about a phone. And how sad I was today. I still might buy it, either that or the Blackberry 9930 since I want something I haven't had before.

Pre 3 on Sprint now would be totally Ironolicious.
    *facepalm*
    Quote Originally Posted by punkndrublic74 View Post
    *facepalm*

x100.

You know what "trolling" is? "Trolling" is *still* insisting that Palm Pre3 is coming to Sprint. Even after today's HP announcement.
  15.    #75  
    I am not sure but, I think the direction they are going with WebOs is like android not having to make there own products HP brand but have others make it for them Licensed out. And they have there own like the Nexus S (made by samsung, htc, (motorola future)).
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Eh. I was just talking to the small-business unit of HP (was enquiring about the 64 GB white TouchPad... told them I wanted it in black!). I asked them about the Pre 3 and they informed me that the Pre 3 was still slated for release in mid-September, 18-20th (even with the latest information to roll out from HP the other day). I asked what carriers, but he said he wasn't allowed to divulge that information.
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Eh. I was just talking to the small-business unit of HP (was enquiring about the 64 GB white TouchPad... told them I wanted it in black!). I asked them about the Pre 3 and they informed me that the Pre 3 was still slated for release in mid-September, 18-20th (even with the latest information to roll out from HP the other day). I asked what carriers, but he said he wasn't allowed to divulge that information.
    GSM Pre3 off contract for $100??? I'm down, early christmas present.

Hopefully someone licenses webOS, either way HP has devalued the HP hardware with this announcement without a license partner announced.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234