Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    It seems like every time I post something a new article comes out saying "its very unlikely that there will be a sprint pre3" the media does this a lot because they want information confirmed so people can stop guessing. I will leave it at that!
    Your problem is, claiming this mysterious device that has not passed thru the FCC. It has to exist before it can be released.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2.    #42  
    ? okay! you will here about it soon coming to sprint.
    Last edited by markawashington; 08/01/2011 at 05:38 PM.
    I think we will have to hear about it going through the FCC...

Personally I could care less, I am on ATT now where I expect there will not be a WebOS phone I can't get. Also no per line charge when I want to switch phones. This week marks 1 month on ATT, my plan is cheaper, data is faster, and the Veer kills my original Pre in performance and size.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

Personally I could care less, I am on ATT now where I expect there will not be a WebOS phone I can't get. Also no per line charge when I want to switch phones. This week marks 1 month on ATT, my plan is cheaper, data is faster, and the Veer kills my original Pre in performance and size.
    Yeah, enjoy your throttled, limited data plan, haha. I'll sit and stream video over freetether and not have to worry.
    GTAFan9999 likes this.

Hey man, the CDMA pre3 already got approved by the FCC

edit:

here is the link

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...plication.html
    Last edited by Vyruz Reaper; 08/03/2011 at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Hey man, the CDMA pre3 already got approved by the FCC

edit:

here is the link

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...plication.html
    He said wimax in his initial post to start the thread. Haven't seen wimax hit FCC.

Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    First week of september and like I have been saying in all my post it is going to have wimax radio inside .... why the delay...I know because I have a connection omg... just listen...
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    Yeah, enjoy your throttled, limited data plan, haha. I'll sit and stream video over freetether and not have to worry.
    Throttled data? I ran speed test with the TP tethered to both the Pre and Veer.... ATT was more than twice as fast.

As far as data use ("limited data plan"), I wasn't using enough data to make the 1500 minute plan Sprint forces a family on to be worth it. Add to that $10 per line for smartphones, my ATT plan is cheaper and if I ever find myself out where I need to use more data (wifi at work and at home), I will need to double my average data use to make our plan the same as it would be on Sprint.
    He said wimax in his initial post to start the thread. Haven't seen wimax hit FCC.
    ahh, gotcha....

yeah, I highly doubt it will happen but who would have thought that Sprint would get the Nexus S with 4G, then that came out of nowhere....

Plus, Sprint just announced 2 new blackberries WITHOUT Wimax coming out later this fall
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Does anyone actually believe him? When September comes and no Sprint Pre is he ever going to return? That tis the question.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Mark, in the worst way I want to believe you have credible inside knowledge that will, in fact, turn out true. But as the Derrick and the folks at PC have observed there hasn't been any hard evidence pointing to it coming to Sprint (which there has been for Verizon and ATT) and there has been what appears to be credible insiders who have knowledge that it will not be coming to Sprint.

If a launch was imminent within a month wouldn't we see some evidence?

I am sitting here with a launch day pre- that is slowly dying, but that I am still strangely fond of. I really want to believe. I also posted here about a month ago about an experience I had in Walmart where I ran into a young man wearing a polo shirt with HP/WebOS on it and said he worked for HP. He told me with certainty that the Pre would launch on all major carriers. This gave me great hope, but I have since resigned myself that the young man was probably wrong.

The one thing that still really puzzles me, however, is why haven't there at least been any official announcement about an immenent launch on Verizon or ATT. Even if an hard date can't be established, we are supposed to be so close to a launch why havent' they officially announced, "coming soon"?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Given what they did with the TouchPad, I think they're gonna wait until right before it's available for sale before saying anything.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Plus, Sprint just announced 2 new blackberries WITHOUT Wimax coming out later this fall
    I predit we will see some Sprint phones with three radios.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I've had my hopes up for months, but my kids just gave up and got Photons. The hardware is incredible. I'm buying one today. If Sprint has a webos phone when I'm up for the next upgrade, I'll be back.......
    drlarryr
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Does anyone actually believe him? When September comes and no Sprint Pre is he ever going to return? That tis the question.
    If he's like this guy...he will be back.
    Rapture Rescheduled for October 21‎, Says Harold Camping: SFist

I wish they would announce something. I just Doctored my June 6th Pre for the first time since I got it. Only problem I have is that the ear speaker is working kinda funny and squeezing the speaker fixes it for a while.
    CPan

.....Mental dump in progress.....Please wait.....
    nyquistjack likes this.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Nice story, however things can change. Did we ever thought that Touchpad will be available at $ 299.99 one month after release.
    It comes when it comes. You all just need to learn not to expect devices that they haven't announced released dates for.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I dont think someone that sold you a phone has any knowledge of any futures devices sprint may or may not carry.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    OK Marky Mark.......We need another shot in the arm! any more scoop?
    Patience is a virtue. It shall come to pass. Keep the faith.
    Pre3 on Sprint shall prevail :.)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I feel like keeping the faith for the Pre 3 on Sprint is like Linus knowing that this is the year the Great Pumpkin is coming.
    mazdanut and Janir like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast