Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just finished a chat session with a verizon rep while shopping online for my early upgrade. read below for our conversation.

General Info
    Chat start time Jul 3, 2011 10:31:03 PM EST
    Chat end time Jul 3, 2011 10:42:58 PM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time) 00:11:54
    Operator Charles

Chat Transcript
    info: Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Charles'
    Charles: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    Jose M.: Yes
    Jose M.: i have a question
    Jose M.: before upgrading
    Jose M.: is the pre3 coming out on verizon soon?
    Jose M.: when i say soon, i mean this month.
    Charles: Please hold on while I check that information.
    Jose M.: thanks
    Charles: Could you provide me with your full name and mobile number so I can pull up your account?
    Jose M.: Jose M----- 619-------
    Jose M.: account password is -----
    Jose M.: last 4 ssn is ----
    Charles: Please hold on while I check that information.
    Jose M.: thanks
    Charles: You're Welcome
    Charles: Unfortunately we will not have it this month but next month it will be available
    Jose M.: do you happen to have a specific date?
    Charles: I'm sorry to say but that date has not been announced as of yet
    Jose M.: oh ok
    Jose M.: but from what you know, it's for sure coming next month?
    Jose M.: because if thats the case, i am willing to wait til then.
    Charles: That is correct
    Jose M.: i have another question.
    Jose M.: i currently have the pre plus
    Jose M.: its a bit out of date
    Jose M.: i do need a new phone. I was looking at the pre2.
    Jose M.: if i were to get the pre2 now, and lets say the pre3 does come out next month.
    Jose M.: would it possible to returnt he pre2 and get the pre3 at the discounted price?
    Jose M.: would it be* possible to return the* pre2
    Jose M.: sorry for my typos
    Charles: Unfortunately when exchanging a phone you only have 14 days to exchange, so anything out of 14 days you would have to purchase the Pre 3 at full price because you would have used your upgrade
    Jose M.: 14 days? oh ok. then yea, im going to wait.
    Jose M.: thanks for the help Charles.
    Charles: You're Welcome
    Charles: In addition to assisting you with your questions online today, did you need any further assistance?
    Jose M.: no thank you.
    Charles: Please click on end chat to inform us of your chat experience and feel free to leave a comment so we can better assist you in the future. I hope you have a wonderful evening and Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless!
    fxspec06 and Rennat like this.
  2.    #2  
    Im sorry if this is old news. i did a quick search and didnt see anything right away so i decided to post this asap.
    but at least we have a month, and no longer an answer so vague as "summer"
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I won't hold my breath. Like most of us still waiting for official word from HP or the carriers themselves.
  4.    #4  
    but if you think about it, someone with such a small role as chat support was able to get an answer, thats gotta at least mean that verizon is definately going to have this phone soon. before, it was up in the air as to which carrier will have the pre3.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    i'm in san diego too
    jalexmontes and omr6535 like this.
    Not trying to be negative here, but I doubt the VZ rep did anything buit ask a cooworker. If that info was available anywhere it would be all over the internet. I worked for VZ and we didnt get any "inside info" until it was already everywhere.

Most signs point to July....so lets hope the rep is wrong.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    Not trying to be negative here, but I doubt the VZ rep did anything buit ask a cooworker. If that info was available anywhere it would be all over the internet. I worked for VZ and we didnt get any "inside info" until it was already everywhere.

which signs?

Quote Originally Posted by jalexmontes View Post
    which signs?
    Which signs exactly?

VZW reps can be smart too you know. They're people just like us.

I would think a VZW rep would have a better idea than anyone here, not trying to be negative.

Also how is it bad if it's released in August? It makes perfect sense if you ask me.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Which signs exactly?

VZW reps can be smart too you know. They're people just like us.

I would think a VZW rep would have a better idea than anyone here; not trying to be negative.
    exactly
    im just saying guys...
    a vzw rep stated that they are scheduled to have them available next month. i think that's the closest we have heard from any carrier to an actual release date.
    that's absolutely correct. =)

i wonder how much it will be.

i say i'm not going to want one, but when it comes.

i'm going to want one.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

jalexmontes and Rennat like this.
  11.    #11  
    i know the feeling.
    i wouldnt want to get one right away. i've learned my lesson to buying new devices. its prolly better to wait maybe half a year to see the overall review of the majority of people and also give it time for the developers to make a better webOS.
    I might just get the pre2 now afterall
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    that's absolutely correct. =)

i wonder how much it will be.

i say i'm not going to want one, but when it comes.

i'm going to want one.
    I would guess $199 with 2-year contract since that seems to be a standard price.
    which signs?
    Signs, like this

HP Pre 3 Coming to Europe in Mid-July; Available for Pre-Order now at £399.00 | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

and

Pre 3 Leaks: Skype is coming, maybe as soon as July 21st? | News |webOSroundup

And no..you cant assume the VZW rep on the other end of the chat is more knowledgeable than the WebOs fan base....how many stories have you heard of vzw reps in stores not even knowing a working Pre2 was in their store....while they work there everyday.

A good chance you got India also....Im not 100% sure the Pre is even in India.

If anyone has info on the release of the Pre3 to announce its going to be HP and Verizon...they would not just slip a date into their systems for their reps to take pics of and tell customers.
    Here, pick one.

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ijip and SmartFah like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    haha nice one toni!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Here, pick one.

Yup...thats exactly how I feel about this post!
  17.    #17  
    Signs, like this

HP Pre 3 Coming to Europe in Mid-July; Available for Pre-Order now at £399.00 | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

and

Pre 3 Leaks: Skype is coming, maybe as soon as July 21st? | News |webOSroundup

And no..you cant assume the VZW rep on the other end of the chat is more knowledgeable than the WebOs fan base....how many stories have you heard of vzw reps in stores not even knowing a working Pre2 was in their store....while they work there everyday.

A good chance you got India also....Im not 100% sure the Pre is even in India.

If anyone has info on the release of the Pre3 to announce its going to be HP and Verizon...they would not just slip a date into their systems for their reps to take pics of and tell customers.
    Thats europe. Not u.s.
    Which is why i said verizon and not "scheduled to be released around the world"
    im pretty sure this phone is going to be released in EU before here in the states.
    and as far as the skype leak, that could also be related to the europe release.

Look, im not saying this is a 100% reliable source cuz i kno the date can change and prolly has without notifying their reps. But a vzw rep saying this is better than a leak about the pre3 being released in another country on GSM. I want some sort of sign about when i am able to get it.

Yes, i can assume. If im wrong, oh well. if it truly is released on vzw on the 21st, then thats better for me cuz its sooner than what i was told
  18.    #18  
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Well, July we are seeing the Touchpad, and August is still summer, so before the fall season. The real problem is that AT&T and Verizon have a bunch of idiots running the companies, and they can't handle the idea of just releasing new devices without all this secrecy BS. Unless you are talking about a flagship device that will be an exclusive, there is NOTHING wrong with saying that you will offer a given phone on your network. AT&T is even worse than Verizon, where they could be planning to release the phone on Tuesday, and they won't tell you until then if they even have plans to release the phone.
    jalexmontes likes this.
    I thought a Verizon employee, said this? This leads one to believe that any leaks with pics are for sure false!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast