Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Well at least is confirmed with Bell, Galaxy S2 will be hitting the stores in July (Mobile Syrup thinks 14th is the official date). Rumors say Pre3 will be available on Rogers on July 19th... Personally I believe only the tablet will be available and Pre3 will be showing up around end of August. I hope I'm wrong...

I will go to the Bell store and play with the Galaxy S2, then I will let you know if is really true what they say about being the "best" phone. The reviews are really impressive, but I have a WebOS perspective so I will be honest to see if is worth the attention. One thing is sure, the Endgaget review got my attention... not to mention that the phone will be available with my provider.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    If Bell doesnt get the Pre 3 I am cancelling my 3 year plan and paying the termination fee.

Bye Bye Bell
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I will not cancel my subscription as I have an amazing deal.
    Instead I will do what I did with Pre2, bring Pre3 to Bell (if Galaxy S2 does not impress me more).

Edit: It looks like the draw is done on July 19th for the Galaxy, so we might hopefully have an identical release date for both phones on Rogers and Bell.
    Last edited by T3CK; 06/30/2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I will not cancel my subscription as I have an amazing deal.
    Instead I will do what I did with Pre2, bring Pre3 to Bell (if Galaxy S2 does not impress me more).

Edit: It looks like the draw is done on July 19th for the Galaxy, so we might hopefully have an identical release date for both phones on Rogers and Bell.
    Ill give you a little tip: Tell Rogers about the deal you get (im sure its the Corporate deal I have for my union, the $17.50 a month for voicemail etc etc plus $25 month data) and Rogers will match it.

My sisters boyfriend was about to go on the Bell deal but then Rogers told him they would do better than that if he went with them.

So he gets an even better deal with Rogers.

Worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    This is the plan I have now: $17.30/month for the line and $35 ZNP plan. It includes 500mb of data, 300min during day, call display, call waiting, 3way conference, large voicemail and unlimited calls from 5pm to 9am (weekend free). Honestly, I'm not interested to move away from Bell as I will lose the Bell bundle in place ($20/month savings). Basically, I get a $10 discount every month, just because I use a mobile with Bell... the other $10 is for regular line and satellite. I'm very happy with Bell services I have now.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    imo bundles are not a good deal.

I pay $32/month for 20mb/s Unlimited Bandwidth internet from 3Web.

No bundle from Bell is going to ever beat that.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I don't use Bell's internet, but where do you see the 20mb/s deal? They don't have it listed on their page.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Teksavvy FTW!!!

Funny thing is I'm paying for Teksavvy service, get a Teksavvy IP and routing, but a lot of the "Rogers advantage" stuff they keep on advertising (e.g. the Youtube caching) actually works with my line.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Ya, I'm using Velcom unlimited with 4 fixed IP's right now... Bell cannot beat it for $30/month but I get only 5mb/sec. That is why I asked about the 20mb/sec deal.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Its quoted as 10mb/s but I get 20-25mb/s where I live.

My friend gets about 18mb/s.... they seem to not cap it but just let it run full out and determine how busy your cable is at your area to determine the speed you get.

Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Ya, I'm using Velcom unlimited with 4 fixed IP's right now... Bell cannot beat it for $30/month but I get only 5mb/sec. That is why I asked about the 20mb/sec deal.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Ahh, you run cable... that explains it. I get Internet through a phone line.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog