Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pebacher
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I heard from an HP buddy of mine that HP has announced internally that they will continue reimbursing for mobile phone usage only for employees who have HP phones. This should drive LOTS of initial Pre3 orders. It is nice to see them drinking their own kool-aid.
    protomaxxx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    I heard from an HP buddy of mine that HP has announced internally that they will continue reimbursing for mobile phone usage only for employees who have HP phones. This should drive LOTS of initial Pre3 orders. It is nice to see them drinking their own kool-aid.
    Good they are using their own product.

This is not a knock on you OP, but the analogies used to describe this fact (and I see/read/hear them everywhere) tickle me... or maybe scare me

"Eating their own dog food" - I've never eaten my dog's food.

"Drinking their own kool-aid" - Jim Jones? Yipes

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    kind of skews the real numbers but who cares
    good to see dog fooding.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    Meh. So do employee discounts, sales, agreements, etc.

I have no doubt Lord Jobs demands every single Apple employee own an iProduct. I'm pretty sure they don't have a choice in the matter.

Anyone caught jailbreaking is hung.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    There aren't THAT many employees. But either way, the more you get out, the more you can get out to other people that haven't used the device.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    There aren't THAT many employees. But either way, the more you get out, the more you can get out to other people that haven't used the device.
    Right from the HP web site:
    Much of our focus in 2009 was on integrating those who joined HP through the acquisition of EDS, which increased our number of employees to 304,000.

Yes, that is from 2009, but still gives a fair idea about numbers. I got that info from:
    HP Global Citizenship – HP employees
    I'd require all employees to use the products that the company makes in their daily lives. It makes sense on multiple levels. That doesn't mean they are required to like the product.
    The way I see it no employee is forced to buy HP's products. It's just that they won't pay their employee's stuff if it's from a competitor.

Come on, who on earth would pay for a competitor's product if he does not really have to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I'd require all employees to use the products that the company makes in their daily lives. It makes sense on multiple levels. That doesn't mean they are required to like the product.
    It makes no sense. If a country did the same thing, would that make sense?

Choice makes sense. Let people use what they like. Happy employees are hard-working employees. I'd hate to go to a job that forced me to look a certain way, use a certain thing and only do/act certain ways. That's insecurity at its finest.
    They have choice, it's called free or pay for it yourself and to do the former you have to play by their rules.
    i serve food for a living. if i didn't want to eat the stuff i'm serving, i wouldn't be working at that restaurant