Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ouch
    You might want to take your personal info out of that post, at least your email address.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Thrasherx2k1 likes this.
    They really have no reason to support a Pre 3. If it was released now, it needs to be under 100 bucks to even have a smidgen of a chance. I'm thinking 50 dollars. Or sweet talk sprint into allowing it to not have a 10 dollar add on fee.
    Poor Dan
    You might want to change the content to say more of an "if"... "if the pre3 is not coming, then I will leave..." I know all the rumors out there have pretty much decided that it ain't coming but by some chance they are working on a release, then your email would come off really presumptuous. Or you can say that your conclusion is based on their lack of announcements.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Here is what I just sent to him.
    Dear Mr. Hesse,

I'm sending this email to you today due to my concerns that the HP Pre 3 and future webOS devices will not be coming to Sprint's network. I have been a Sprint customer for seven years, and I am almost a day one webOS user. I love the operating system and the devices it powers, and I love being a Sprint customer.

I would like to express my thoughts on this subject by telling you that I intend to go wherever webOS devices are as it is my chosen platform. There is not another mobile OS that I enjoy using near as much as I enjoy using webOS, and as such if Sprint does not carry the Pre 3 and other future devices I will be switching to a carrier that does. I do not want to leave Sprint, but having devices available that I want to use everyday is more important.

This constant shift towards only supporting Android devices by all the major carriers is really starting to hurt the consumers. The great thing about this industry is the options that consumers have available to them. There is no other mass market technology that can provide so many different options for consumers.

With this in mind I ask that you take a moment to stop and think about what is best for the market, the industry, and of course the consumers. We love to be able to choose what we buy, and that drives the manufacturer's to make better products to compete with each other. As it stands now, your network has already made it abundantly clear that you're choosing Android for your customers.

Please let us choose for ourselves.

Thank you for your time,
    (Name removed)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Sprint Palm Pixi
    Thats good. If Sprint is in talks with HP, that means they are at least trying. So what is with HP? What bumbs in the road is there? Hmmmm
    loving all of this guys. keep it coming!
  9.    #169  
    I received two immediate replies from two of the addressees after sending that. one of them called me directly this morning. Unfortunately her call was simply to say they have not finished evaluating their decisions regarding this phone and that she was not in a position to release any additional information to me. She actually sounded sorry to have to say all that.

If I hear anything else that gives an indication in either direction of what they're thinking I will share/post here.

Steven
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    So there are a couple photons of hope still left. My audio is now gone on my Pre Plus (except for earpiece) and I am seeing guesses of a July/Aug VZ/ATT Release. So the urge to sign up with one of the Satans is growing.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This was my second my email, and my second response.

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com.

It was my pleasure to speak with you today. Per our call, you stated
    that you wanted to know if Sprint will be offering the Palm Pre 3 phone.

As we discussed on the call, we are constantly evaluating our product
    portfolio to ensure we have cutting edge products to meet our customers’
    needs and provide the best experience possible. Our WebOS customer base
    is very important to us. We continue to actively sell the Palm Pixi for
    example. But it is our policy not to comment on future device launches.

You stated if Sprint doesn’t offer this device, you may cancel service
    with Sprint. As we discussed on the call we don’t want lose you as a
    customer. You stated that you have already registered at Sprint.com
    under becoming an insider.

You have confirmed that you didn’t have any billing, equipment or
    coverage issues on the account. If you have any more questions or
    concerns, I can be reached at 757-223-3860.My office hours this week are
    Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am-6:00 pm Est. & Friday from 9:00 am-1:00 pm
    Est. or just reply to this email.

Thank you again for contacting
    Wife called to cancel the other day, told them not carrying a WebOS phone made us leave, combined with the $10 per line smartphone fee. That Sprint was no longer the best value, of course the tried to sell her on Android, told them that was another reason we were leaving, we didn't want the android garbage.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    emailed dan hesse and leo apotheker today. cant wait any longer. i said in another thread. 1 month and im off the webOS wagon. ill reluctantly be switching to android on a carrier other than sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenleuck View Post
    "...they have not finished evaluating their decisions regarding this phone and that she was not in a position to release any additional information to me."
    If this is in fact exactly what she said & it is the truth, that means that it isn't dead in the water and that talks are still going on about the phone. That is still hope. I received a Sprint gift card a month ago to get this phone (she had no idea it wasn't out yet) and have no choice but to hold out or lose the gift. I just WON'T leave webOS and now clearly can't leave Sprint without sacrificing $300.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just sent the following email. Hope all this gets somewhere. Thanks to everyone!

Mr. Hesse,

I am writing you concerning availability of the HP Pre 3 on the Sprint Network. I have had a Palm Pre since its launch date over 2 years ago. As everyone knows, the launch of the Pre was not perfect, and the phone has had more than its share of problems. Yet the operating system was so great, so many people stuck with it in spite of the hardware issues. So many people recognized the good was so great, they would not give up on it because of the bad. Just as I am sure many of them, such as I, have done with Sprint over the last decade. You have been able to turn Sprint around, resolving most of the problems that plagued them. Just as I expect Hewlett Packard will resolve the issues of webOS.

You seem to have made a tremendous improvement in customer service, and the Customer Service Champion Award you received earlier this year has not gone unnoticed. However, I feel that one aspect of customer service that cannot be ignored is choice. I have been to the Sprint website and the local corporate store and researched the available phones. While the Android phones are nice, the functionality is lacking compared to the multitasking and intuitiveness of webOS. They have great gimmicks and many, many needless apps. I find no interest in an Android or Windows phones, and I feel as though Sprint is telling me, "well that's all you get, unless you want to downgrade to a Pixi". I hear rumors of an iPhone coming to Sprint, but I do not want to become locked into their proprietary system or tracked without my consent. I am not interested in becoming an "insider", I just want the Pre 3. Those of us who have had the Pre since launch date are tired of seeing everyone else get new phones while we have been brushed to the side.

I have been a Sprint Customer for 10 years as of this month, and I have 3 phones on my account. Two of those phones are contract free. I know it is not your policy to discuss future devices. I also know that if there is not a new webOS phone offered on Sprint soon, I will leave Sprint in order to obtain one, even if I have to buy out the one contract left on my account. I have priced the competitors who I believe are likely to get the Pre 3, and while they are a little more expensive, I find it worth the few extra dollars a week to be happy with a device I use more than any other every day.

I urge you to offer the Pre 3 on the Sprint network. The webOS is a great one, and seems to have a good following on Sprint. Since you were, after all, the one who sold it to us in the first place.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    timmy_o_tool likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Just as a thought, has anyone but me looked at the lack of specs on the Pre3's web page as a possible redesign for LTE. I mean, we all know that VZW & AT&T are running LTE, and that the rumors are that Sprint will make that jump this year as well. So with that, is it possible the Pre3 will be designed for LTE to be able to launch on all carriers? Again, just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    Just as a thought, has anyone but me looked at the lack of specs on the Pre3's web page as a possible redesign for LTE. I mean, we all know that VZW & AT&T are running LTE, and that the rumors are that Sprint will make that jump this year as well. So with that, is it possible the Pre3 will be designed for LTE to be able to launch on all carriers? Again, just a thought...
    That would be unlikely, unless there is a new FCC application.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Thats good. If Sprint is in talks with HP, that means they are at least trying. So what is with HP? What bumbs in the road is there? Hmmmm

That's been my question too, especially after reading this morning's editorial by Derek. We're all assuming it's purely up to Sprint, but I don't recall seeing anything to confirm that assumption. Are we absolutely certain HP is trying to include Sprint?

Where can we get email addresses for HP Execs so we can flood them too? We don't need to leave them off of the hook.

It would be funny if it's HP holding things up after all those less-than-friendly emails were sent to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    That's been my question too, especially after reading this morning's editorial by Derek. We're all assuming it's purely up to Sprint, but I don't recall seeing anything to confirm that assumption. Are we absolutely certain HP is trying to include Sprint?

Where can we get email addresses for HP Execs so we can flood them too? We don't need to leave them off of the hook.

It would be funny if it's HP holding things up after all those less-than-friendly emails were sent to Sprint.
    At some point you think you would hear something similar from Sprint like you heard from HP saying to "go ask Sprint". Then you've got the fact that Sprint would like to get all it's users that are coming off contract or already off back on a contract before the Pre3 launches if they know HP is not willing to work with them.

It's a catch 22, but as I have said around here before, if you are of the belief that HP has turned their back on Sprint, Sprint has nothing to lose by at least saying something similar to what HP said, or to just come out and say that at this time they are not partnering with HP.

The people that will leave Sprint (like me) are going to leave regardless, those that will stay will sign new contracts and stop holding out. Those on the fence may reup with Sprint on another OS since the only new WebOS phone is the Veer and they don't want a smaller phone.

There really is NO reason for Sprint to be quiet on this unless they either have a mystery device already worked out with HP that they can't talk about, or they are the ones that don't want the Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

The reason why we all bombarded sprints facebook and twitter pages months ago was because HP said if we wanted to have the Pre3 on sprint, we needed to petition sprint. That's why everyone (everyone=at least me) assumes that it is sprint holding it back. I don't recall if they posted that on one of the blogs or on hp's facebook page, but they definitely said that. Things may have changed since then.

Edit: He beat me to it. I guess thats what I get for not reading the entire thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    At some point you think you would hear something similar from Sprint like you heard from HP saying to "go ask Sprint".
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast