Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
    I got a call to about a week ago. Did not like the response, "We are still weighing our options to ensure that are customers receive a phone that blah blah blah". If this is the case then why so many very crappy low ends phones? Having a phone for grandma and grandpa or the six y/o to destroy is not an answer! I told the person that wasn't Dan that I'm gone if nothing is even announced (not speculation) by October.

I too got the same verbatum response from my operator ibcsublimer07. She tried to talk her way into more crap but I stopped her with my declaration of not sticking around. As paying customers we don't deserve to be jerked around.
    Last edited by angelo.55; 07/10/2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: ^responding tothe poster above me.
    Email sent:

"Hello Dan,

Please accept my thanks for Sprint's wonderful service over the past 10 years. Last year I even switched my home phone number to my Sprint account. I've had three phones on Sprint until this week, when I ported one number over to Verizon.
    Why would I switch to Verizon even though I'm very happy with Sprint? In 2009 YOU hooked me on the WebOS operating system of the Palm (now HP) Pre phone. Since then I've been waiting patiently for Sprint to carry a new WebOS phone. Sadly, YOU have not made an announcement about a new WebOS phone. So, with no WebOS phone on the Sprint's horizon, I switched one number over to Verizon for the iPhone4 (which I consider to have the next best operating system to HP's WebOS.)
    Will I remain a Sprint customer? The answer rests with YOU. I will switch my entire account to Verizon when they start carrying the HP Pre3, unless I hear hear that YOU will be carrying a new WebOS phone. Yes, I realize that Verizon may cost more money and have a limited data plan. However,it's YOUR fault that I'm hooked on HP's WebOS, so I don't care if it does cost more."
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    OMG. i just called Sprint and said ive waited for the HP Pre3 too long. i would just like a new phone. and they gave me a 150.00 upgrade!
    Last edited by zacky59; 07/10/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Dear Mr. Sanders,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. *I apologize that I was unable
    to speak to you today regarding Sprint adding the HP Pre 3 to our
    amazing device lineup due to your e-mail did not include your Sprint
    mobile phone number. *I understand and appreciate your interest.

We are constantly evaluating our product portfolio to ensure we have
    cutting edge products to meet our customers’ needs and provide the best
    experience possible. *Our WebOS customer base is very important to us. *
    We continue to actively sell the Palm Pixi for example. *But it is our
    policy not to comment on future device launches.

Your feedback is appreciated. *I also want to encourage you to visit
    Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint and sign up to “Become an Insider” so that you will be
    the first to get news and updates on Sprint products and services.

If I can provide additional assistance, I can also be reached at
    757-223-3738 from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. *Thank
    you for choosing Sprint. *We value your business and appreciate the
    opportunity to address your concerns.

Sincerely,
    Joan E.
    757-223-3738
    Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
    to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
    ****Sprint Base Plans Hub

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,
    right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!
    ****www.sprint.com/mysprint

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    I have stuggled with the HTC Incredible, once owned a Palm Pre on
    verizon (but canceled because servise was too expensive). Next tried
    Iphone 4 on att but canceled again because of price and weak service.
    Now I am still on sprint my current HTC Evo.. (never canceled even
    though ive tried other carriers).
    Ever since I had my Palm Pre, ive compared them all trying to find a
    suitable replacement. My Palm Pre is hands down the best phone ever
    made!!!!! *(WebOS 1.4.5 was just too slooooow for me)
    PRE 3 PLEASE!!!!!! I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!
    Hello Dan,

Please accept my thanks for Sprint's wonderful service over the past 20 years. I have three phones on Sprint until this week, 2 are Palm Pre-, I am comteplating moving over to Verizon for an I-phone. Why would I switch to Verizon even though I'm very happy with Sprint? In 2009 YOU hooked me on the WebOS operating system of the Palm (now HP) Pre phone. Since then I've been waiting patiently for Sprint to carry a new WebOS phone. Sadly, YOU have not made an announcement about a new WebOS phone. So, with no WebOS phone on the Sprint's horizon, I will switch one number over to Verizon for the iPhone4 (which I consider to have the next best operating system to HP's WebOS.) Will I remain a Sprint customer? The answer rests with YOU. I will switch my entire account to Verizon when they start carrying the HP Pre3, unless I hear hear that YOU will be carrying a new WebOS phone. Yes, I realize that Verizon may cost more money and have a limited data plan. However,it's YOUR fault that I'm hooked on HP's WebOS, so I don't care if it does cost more." My company requires me to do a lot of data usage during the week, during a business day and my Pre- is not cutting it any more, the company recommends Iphone, but I could hold them off with a PRE3.

The ball is in your court.
    hmm there's millions of us of SPRINT COSTUMERS. I don't think you leaving will make them suffer. As one leaves 5 come IN.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    hmm there's millions of us of SPRINT COSTUMERS. I don't think you leaving will make them suffer. As one leaves 5 come IN.
    Sprint may be adding customers but they are still losing money. ****ing off the webOS community cant be a good thing either way.

I just did a Pre2 Sprint conversion. I am having an issue that is going to require me to go back to my Pre- just to push that 'Update Network Settings' button.

I'm fed up and considering a Verizon family plan with some friends. I hate the position i'm in.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Sprint may be adding customers but they are still losing money. ****ing off the webOS community cant be a good thing either way.
    <<mod delete>>
    I truly do believe Dan is commited to providing the best for Sprint's customers. I truly do feel that he believes in his product and holds a sentimental stake in the company's future.

We'll see what he comes up with. I think this thread is creating valuable customer feedback that they could have used 6 months ago.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/11/2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcstunr View Post
    <<mod delete>>
    I truly do believe Dan is commited to providing the best for Sprint's customers. I truly do feel that he believes in his product and holds a sentimental stake in the company's future.

We'll see what he comes up with. I think this thread is creating valuable customer feedback that they could have used 6 months ago.
    lol, i know, thats what i thought too. :-P

but yes, i agree with you.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/11/2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: language in quoted text
    <<mod delete>>

<<mod delete>>

You bet Dan's job is to keep the customer base happy, as far as he's able.

All I can say is that we're not privy to Sprint's thinking on partnerships. We can just guess from the outside, based on their moves.

From the outside, based on their moves, it seems that Sprint is having some success with their "All Android, All The Time" approach. I wish some knowledgeable cell carrier insider would illuminate what all is involved in decisions like that. But frankly, if iRobots are keeping Sprint afloat, I'm all for it.

HP didn't come out swinging with the Veer. It suddenly appeared in AT$T's inventory. To me, that doesn't seem wise, but then I'm not CEO of a huge organization like HP. There are obviously other considerations involved. But the big battleship which is HP has started to stir - and they're plunging tons of cash into the Touchpad, which is unrestricted by carriers atm. You think Russell Brand comes cheap?

To my mind, Sprint is on the ropes, and execs are just looking for what improves their bottom line. Android has improved their bottom line. webOS, on the other hand, must be costing them an arm and a leg just in phone replacements, given the fact that the Pre's build quality was only slightly better than a cellphone made out of Lego blocks. And a wire.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/11/2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: language; reference to deleted quote
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    <<mod delete>>

From the outside, based on their moves, it seems that Sprint is having some success with their "All Android, All The Time" approach.
    Sprint should not be putting all of its eggs in one basket, which is Android. Look what happened to RIM. Imagine if Sprint had put as much focus on RIM as it is now with Android. Look at Iphone. The once originator of smartphones was overtaken by collective Android sales in 2010. But you never know. Even Android could be a has-been in 3 years.

But you don't have to keep looking in this industry. Look what happened to GM and Ford, having put all of it's eggs in the SUV segment starting a decade ago. Gas was cheap, SUVs were quick conversions of trucks and were profitable. When that well dried up, they were in a world of hurt.

Why is it that you should keep a balanced retirement fund? I could go on and on... Sprint is being too shortsighted. They need to keep a balanced portfolio.
    considering how much sprint lost on the original Pre, and the amount of screeming that pre users have generated, they might be glad to be "palm free" for a while.

not saying I like it, but it makes me wonder...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 07/13/2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I am glad that I had a chance
    to speak with you today, Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 12:24pm EST
    regarding your concerns as to whether Sprint will launch the HP Pre 3 or
    any other WebOS devices in the near future. Although Sprint and HP
    continue to have a working relationship, at this time, we have not
    received any updated information as to if or when we will carry these
    devices. We really appreciate your feedback and I will be more than
    happy to forward your concerns to the appropriate group. Please feel
    free to visit Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint periodically for updated news and
    information. If you have any additional questions or concerns, I can be
    reached at 757-223-3972 Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm, EST and
    Saturday, 9:00am-1:00pm EST or you can reply to this email. Thank you
    for contacting Sprint.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
    of assistance.

Sincerely,
    Timothy B.
    757-223-3972
    Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
    to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
    Sprint Base Plans Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Sprint should not be putting all of its eggs in one basket, which is Android. Look what happened to RIM. Imagine if Sprint had put as much focus on RIM as it is now with Android. Look at Iphone. The once originator of smartphones was overtaken by collective Android sales in 2010. But you never know. Even Android could be a has-been in 3 years.

But you don't have to keep looking in this industry. Look what happened to GM and Ford, having put all of it's eggs in the SUV segment starting a decade ago. Gas was cheap, SUVs were quick conversions of trucks and were profitable. When that well dried up, they were in a world of hurt.

Why is it that you should keep a balanced retirement fund? I could go on and on... Sprint is being too shortsighted. They need to keep a balanced portfolio.
    I tend to compare the phone companies to the airlines. They all provide the same service... get customers from point A to point B by air. The differences in the actual airplane are not obvious to the average customer, however the actual airplane makes a big difference to the bottom line. Delta flies all sorts of different airplanes from Boeing to Airbus and props to jets. Southwest flies the Boeing 737.. that's it. Maintenance, pilot and crew training, etc, are all substantially less expensive for Southwest. The average U.S. domestic flying customer doesn't care which plane they fly on, as long as it's the cheapest they can find.

Sprint, Verizon, etc are similar.. they provide customers access to a cellular network. What type of phone/OS they offer is far less important to the average customer, as long as it does the job with minimal inconvenience (restarts, lockups, returns, etc). Sprints "all android" approach is far less costly in terms of training and tech support and is a seems like a sound financial move for the time being. I do not blame them for not wanting to take another potentially costly gamble on webos.

I love webos... I'm going thru the trouble of building a Sprint pre2 instead of switching to Nexus or Evo (early upgrade eligible next month, contract up next year)... but you have to admit that HP/Palm is not exactly knocking them out of the park yet and the rebirth of webos 2.0/3.0 isn't going as swimmingly as it should. You can't blame any carrier for being lukewarm to HP right now.
    just did ...quick reply automated but vowed to get a call back...
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    not necessarily true my friend. sprint's network has literally been a mess for the past 6 months or so. you would be surprised to see how many people are leaving them and not just over no new webos phone.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    <<mod delete>>

I know that there are several of us that thave been writing, and subsequently talking, to the people at dan@sprint.com since the Febuary announcement. So, while this isn't 6 months worth of communication, it is 5 months worth.
    When you think about how much money Sprint lost on the Pre, and how demanding Pre users (including me) tend to be... I wonder if Hesse isn't secretly glad every time an angry Pre user goes to another carrier.

just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post

really? so you're saying the iphone was the first smartphone?

"I wanted to inform you that I am now finalizing plans to drop my account with sprint and switch to verizon. This change is fairly upsetting to me because I love sprints service and prices. But I WILL NOT stay with a company that hooks me on a device (Palm Pre) and has NO PLANS to offer an upgrade path within that same devices OS. (HP Pre3) WebOS is my passion and while the original Palm Pre may have been a poor launch for Sprint, you still have an obligation to those customers that wish to stay within the OS ecosystem that they are vested in.*

It saddens me that I will be leaving but I found a way to join a friends family plan on verizon that will be even cheaper than my current individual sprint plan even with my 23% discount.*

If Sprint carries a webOS phone in the future I may come back, but after the way Sprint has treated me and disregarded my pleas for an upgrade path (Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pre 2, HP Veer, and now HP Pre3) it is unlikely that I will come back.

Sincerely,

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad"

may not matter, but i figure after enough of these they'll get the hint.
    Sukiyaki and Tikkanen like this.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast