Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    just got a phone call from 757-223-2546 and spoke to some lady from the office of Dan Hesse. she said she doesn't have information on when or if the device will be available, but they have been getting a lot of inquiries about this.

it's insane they called me on 4th of july lol. i thought everyone is off today.
    Though its July 4th everywhere, it's only Independence Day in the U.S. You assume Kendra lives/works here...
    Joan called me but I missed it, somewhat ironically because I was in an area with low service.

Dear Mr. --------,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I apologize that I was unable
    to reach you today at (---) -------- regarding Sprint adding the HP Pre
    3 to our amazing device lineup. I understand and appreciate your
    interest.

Your feedback is both appreciated and valuable and will be forwarded for
    further review. While I do not have any information at this time
    regarding the Pre 3, I want to encourage you to visit Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint and
    updates on Sprint products and services.

If I can provide additional assistance, I can also be reached at
    757-223-3738 from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. Thank
    you for choosing Sprint. We value your business and appreciate the
    opportunity to address your concerns.

Sincerely,
    Joan E.
    757-223-3738
    Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
    to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
    Sprint Base Plans Hub

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,
    right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!
    www.sprint.com/mysprint
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    done! Hope it works!

Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by madgrizzle View Post
    Though its July 4th everywhere, it's only Independence Day in the U.S. You assume Kendra lives/works here...
    Area code 757 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sprint Nextel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I suppose the number could forward to another country, but I don't see why it wouldn't be an 800 number if that was the case. Sprint's headquarters was in VA.
    Dan,

I recently decided, after two years of Sprint service, to cancel my line. The reason I cancelled is simple... I love webOS. Unfortunately, Sprint has no modern webOS phones and there are no announced plans to carry webOS phones in the future.

I switched over to AT&T and got an incredible smartphone... the HP Veer. It is perfectly pocketable and runs smooth as silk.

I loved Sprint's service, but the lack of a webOS option on your network won the day.

Here's hoping that Sprint and HP are able to bring webOS back to the nation's best network in the near future. I'll be sitting on the sideline if that happens (well at least for the 2 years of my AT&T contract), but I'll be rooting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    Area code 757 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sprint Nextel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I suppose the number could forward to another country, but I don't see why it wouldn't be an 800 number if that was the case. Sprint's headquarters was in VA.
    Sprint's headquarters was in the DC metro area with a 703 area code. 757 is VA Beach/Newport News. The area code for VOIP type calls depends on the exchange they're coming through, so it's plausible.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Here's an audio of the one-minute voice message Kendra left for me in response to my email to Dan@Sprint.com . Some excerpts:

". . . we have had an overwhelming response to this device . . . " (I think that's what she said, message was a bit unclear at that point)

". . . this has engaged the attention of the senior management team . . . "

" . . . we are actively engaged in researching this particular device in regards to launching with our Sprint inventory . . . "

But no commitment that it would happen, of course.

I emailed Dan a few weeks ago. Told him I wanted to know if the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint because I am stuck in refurb land. Wrote that they HAVE to know at this point if they are carrying it at launch or not. So l asked that they please let me know if they had decided against it because then I would use my upgrade on one of their Android phones. Otherwise, I would wait until the Pre 3 came out. Someone name Lakiata called me and told me they have no info at this point, bla, bla, bla....

The only noteworthy thing she said is that it has been noticed that there have been a lot of emails about the Pre that their marketing team is aware of. The actual noteworthy part is that she said they appreciated how much I like the Pre despite all the problems they had at launch.... That took me aback a little bit. Sounds like a very negative perception at Sprint regarding the legacy of their would be Pre flagship back in the day. I am betting against Pre 3 on Sprint. Especially if iPhone 5 rumors being carried on Sprint are true which I am thinking they are.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Done... said my piece that IOS or ANDROID doesnt compare to WEBOS! i got the best of the best of both, but I still miss my Palm Pre and want a Pre3 on the most affordable carrier... (yall kno what i mean...)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Spoke with Pat (Patricia) yesterday (she'd left a VM on the 4th), a member of the apparent army Dan has replying to our messages about the Pre3. Nothing new to report; can only reiterate that our messages are being noted by the internal team that negotiates with the hardware makers and that they are reportedly receiving many notes from the likes of us. And a "sign up to be a Sprint insider if you haven't already to be among the first to learn of new equipment we carry."
    I received several calls from Prudence over the past week, as I'd been busy every time she called. I really credit her continuing to try and contact me (4 calls). Nothing revealing in her message though. Same talking points as everybody else, including the "we've received a LOT of calls" rhetoric. Which, hopefully has them on their toes.

I don't want to have to leave Sprint due to my discount and the unlimited plan. I download a lot of podcasts with Dr. Podder, and I've checked out my usage (35gb+/month). If I moved to AT&T/Verizon, I'd be getting robbed if I didn't change my habits.
    I had a rep keep calling and leaving me voice mails too until I called back. I wanted to email her that I don't want to talk to her, I just want to know if it is coming out. Couldn't they just email the "We've received a lot of calls" rhetoric rather than doing that and wasting my time playing phone tag??
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I had a rep keep calling and leaving me voice mails too until I called back. I wanted to email her that I don't want to talk to her, I just want to know if it is coming out. Couldn't they just email the "We've received a lot of calls" rhetoric rather than doing that and wasting my time playing phone tag??
    It's their continued effort to improve customer service. You know... Instead of just actually selling the freaking thing.
    65fastback likes this.
    seriously, why cant they leave a damn message with a yes or no. i actually am ready to leave sprint just so i can be treated like an adult. verizon actually lets customers know what are upcoming devices, sprint treats it as some kinda secret and well who is it working better for?
    Palm prē-ist.
    Tikkanen likes this.
    when i left sprint about a month ago for verizon i talked to dans office and got my eft's waived because of their horrid network/coverage... i did tell them i thought it was unfair to not give you guys a new webos device. she informed me they have no current plans of carrying the pre3.

IMO there has got to be some bad blood between sprint & hp/palm.
    I just sent another message (1st in a month). We'll see where it goes. Email text below:

-----

Mr. Hesse (or whomever receives this email),
    Last week, I purchased my new HP TouchPad running webOS. I have had my Palm Pre for the pas 18 months and love the operating system so much that I purchased the tablet that runs the same OS. Yesterday, a rumor from a credible source stated that the HP Pre would not be arriving on Sprint's network. This, if true, is disappointing news to say the least.

My family has been with Sprint for the past 9+ years. We love the service and would love to stay with Sprint, but that is predicated on Sprint having the phones that we are looking for. I have started to look at the options presented by the other carriers and the plans will not be much difference in price, when I add the new $10 premium data fee that was introduced by Sprint in the spring.

Before you mention that Sprint has new and interesting phones, like the Evo 3D, please understand that I have tried out all the available operating systems out there and none can match the functionality of webOS. Additionally, with my HP TouchPad, there is additional functionality that the new phones from HP offer when used with the tablet. After spending the money on the tablet, it doesn't make sense to limit the functionality presented by the two devices together.

If the rumor is true, please reconsider this decision. Two of my accounts three lines have contracts that expire within the next 6 months. If there is no webOS options available by that time, I will have to look elsewhere for my wireless communication needs.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this issue further.

Sincerely,

Robert Burtz
    (XXX) XXX-XXXX

-Sent from my HP TouchPad
    IMO Sprint could've done better with the Pre if they had caused media buzz by launching the first day of sale at midnight like most things Apple. If even inventory was low, creating an over demand vs under demand is the way to go. Examples: iPhone, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii all had people scouring the world for new shipments because there were not enough to go around. It just made other people more interested in getting one.
    Don't give up. Look what happened to Pyeongchang.
    Dear Mr. Hesse,

I've been a current Sprint customer for over 10 years. I have been patiently waiting for the next HP/Palm WebOS device to land on your network. I was an original Palm Pre customer, and I can say I really like my WebOS phone. I've been hearing that you aren't going to carry the new devices, which leaves me with only Android choices on Sprint.

I have an Android device that the company I work for provided me. Frankly, I hate it. It's clunky, cumbersome and no where near as easy to use as my Pre. I also have an Ipod 4G, which is basically an iPhone without the phone transmitter, so I have some experience with all three major smartphone platforms.

So, I have a choice to make. I like Sprint's service, but I hate the phones. I've had ATT before (Cingular). Their service is as good as yours and I can get any of the devices available. I'd be fine with a Pre 3 or an iPhone. Your company offers neither. I have been contract free with Sprint for some time, so I could have walked away at any time. Don't you think it might be a good idea to get at least the iPhone on your network, even if you decide not to do the HP WebOS devices?

Long story short, I'm not staying if you guys can't get the devices that meet my needs, either WebOS or an iPhone. I'm adding a line for my son as well, so that business will go to someone else too if I don't see something that'd make me want to stay. Maybe you should consider opening your network to CDMA devices that come from other carriers. Maybe you too should offer an iPhone, or you guys should kiss and make up with HP.

If not, I'll have to take my business elsewhere. Take heed... US business is littered with bankrupt companies that didn't listen to their customers. Not all of them are like GM and rose from the ashes to make great product again. You're headed down that road.

Give me a reason to stay!

Sincerely,
    Pete MXXXXX

PETERMXXXXX
    (609) XXX-XXXX
    Palm® Pre
    See all usage
    See my contract details

PS: Please don't write me back and talk about your Android Smartphones.. Don't waste my time.
    Tikkanen and dioscuri like this.
    I was contacted by Renee from Dan's office and she said this

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I attempted to obtain your
    contact information in order to discuss your concerns with Sprint
    carrying the Palm Pre 3. Please note, We are constantly evaluating our
    product portfolio to ensure we have cutting edge products to meet our
    customers’ needs and provide the best experience possible. Our WebOS
    customer base is very important to us. We continue to actively sell the
    Palm Pixi for example. But it is our policy not to comment on future
    device launches”. If you would still like to discuss your concerns, I
    may be reached via email or the contact information below.

I think it's pretty cool that she actually came out and said that their WebOS customer base is very important to them so despite the recent "news" going around hopefully something good happens.