Like Tree85Likes
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Did you really put John and Jane doe?
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    fred1955 - Let us know what the response is from Bob Johnson's staff when they contact you. Thanks
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Geez...no. That's my Privacy Act in place, and is on a need to know basis. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by johntd View Post
    fred1955 - Let us know what the response is from Bob Johnson's staff when they contact you. Thanks
    As soon as I get any responses from Sprint I will post them to this thread.
    Hopefully no one at Sprint goes "angry birds" on me and shuts down my account. LOL.
    Sent my Dear Dan letter. I got my call back 2 days later. They said, "I see nothing, I hear nothing and know nothing." I said "I'm looking at all my options, thanks".
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I emailed him also, but I also wanted to share this experience I had a couple of days ago...
    I was in Walmart this afternoon in St. Charles, MO (Metro St. Louis Area) trying to patiently wait for my wife to do a return when I saw this 20-something young man walk in wearing a white polo shirt with HP WebOS embroidered on it. I said, "Excuse me" a couple of time until I got his attention. I asked him if he worked for HP and he said, "Yes" and followed up by asking if specifically on the WebOS side and he said, "Yes". I then said to him that I have to know if, and when, WebOS is coming to Sprint. He said without hesitation to look for it in an August release. I queried him intensely as to how certain he was of that. I asked him if he is certain that Sprint will be announced because I told him that it has already been made obvious that Verizon and ATT will be getting it. He said that enough details haven't been worked out with Sprint yet, but that the Pre3 will be released on all 3 major carriers at the same time. I explained to him that I really need to have some confidence in what he was saying because I have a launch day Pre minus, am a fanatical WebOS fan, am eligible for an upgrade and am finding it difficult to wait. I then asked him one more time point blank, "Are you so confident in what you are saying that it is worth it for me to hang on for a couple more months for an announcement?" He said again with confidence and an "in the know" way that yes I should have no hesitation, the Pre 3 will be on Sprint. So for me, at least, the rollercoaster ride continues. Today I have more hope than I have had in a long time.
    jerandwend, your kind of recount gives me hope.... that's all I got anyway...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerandwend View Post
    Today I have more hope than I have had in a long time.
    This is great news! My Sprint contract is up and I'm currently going month-to-month until news of HP Pre 3 is announced on Sprint officially. So if all goes well I'll only be going month-to-month for 1.5 months! *fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    This is great news! My Sprint contract is up and I'm currently going month-to-month until news of HP Pre 3 is announced on Sprint officially. So if all goes well I'll only be going month-to-month for 1.5 months! *fingers crossed*
    Hows it feel to be a dreamer? Not saying Sprint won't get it some day, but 1.5 months? When nothing has hit FCC indicating Sprint, but FCC has shown VZW and ATT, but no date released for either of those...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    the verizon phonehas sprint bands in it, it was just activated for testing on verizon, but the actual phone could go on either in technical specs.

pre- is doubble spaceing..soo annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    the verizon phonehas sprint bands in it, it was just activated for testing on verizon, but the actual phone could go on either in technical specs.

pre- is doubble spaceing..soo annoying
    Yeah we know that, but it is blind hope that that device will release on Sprint, since of all the documents seen state VZW.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    !LISTEN UP EVERYONE! I got Sprints Executive number from one of the Emails up there, they say there sincerly sorry for my problem and hope to get the Pre3!

there number is: 886-727-0665
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Just got a call from Office of Dan Hesse in response to an email i send earlier. Basically they told me they still working with HP to agree on a webOS device and don't know yet when or if webOS device will come to Sprint.

The bad news is they don't know when. The good news is they are still working with HP.

Last edited by ASASEABAN; 07/03/2011 at 09:45 AM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I got an phone call back, pretty much said they don't know, no announcements, but plenty of new phones that look like the palm 3 / webos
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Delete...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Ya'll need to be emailing Robert Johnson, his team is the final decision makers when it comes to what phones sprint will carry. Rumor is that is the hang up between HP and Sprint. Thay want any new smart phone to be 4g, HP has chose at this time not to make a WIMAX phone.

I think from HP's perspective they must know that WiMAX is not going to be here for the long haul (my Guess) because word is Sprint will be converting over next two years to LTE+, not LTE, but LTE+.

Just not sure emailing Hesse will help, you need to some leverage to convince Robert Johnson's team, that would be where I would start.
    That is what I am thinking too. Probably end up with a Pre3 with WiMax later on... but who really cares about WiMax?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Well I pushed the envelope in relationship to my job to find out what I could concerning the Pre3 HP and Palm. I went ahead and called a colleague who is an analyst covering the tech/wireless area, to try get the contact for Robert Johnson or his team to see what we could find out. Well, for compliance reasons he would not give me the info, but he asked why, which I told him what I was trying to find out about Sprint and the Pre3. So he let me know what info if any at all he could find out on the deal said he would ask around and would let me know what he could find out, off the record. FYI, We a have a close relationship I introduced him to his wife (lol) so he owes me, when in Austin they stay with us so I felt I could ask to find out what I could.

He did that morning at that time let me know what he had heard about HP plans concerning mobile devices which were to have product launch on all three major carriers. HP was not asking for much support yet was therefore not locking themselves to any one carrier. So he initially told me he thought Sprint would get the pre3. He had heard HP would launch most phones on all three carriers. Now he also told me that corporate AT&T out of Dallas has a very close relationship to corporate HP/EDS, which can be leveraged. Therefore, if looking who would be HP closest wireless partner going forward would be AT&T. He feels HP will Partner with AT&T more to push the Enterprise side of things going forward FWIW.

So I did talk to him late yesterday and got I guess what you would call is the off the record rumors he could piece together concerning Sprint & HP. So only take this info as a rumor/ info that could be obtained by someone with knowledge of the Mobile industry using secondary type sources is my take, I don’t know how many people he talked to but my take was it was implied more than one. He said what little he was giving me was pieces he could find concerning this, so this is his take in putting the puzzle together. This was off the record again.

So here it is in a nutshell, HP Mobile plans with WebOS is to launch initially on all three main providers (T, VZ, S), with the Pre3, AT&T gets the Veer. FYI, word is there will be a third new phone coming this fall Hi-end consumer phone. Look for before the end of this Year to have three phones and Two Slates by HP running WebOS. This is the rumored road map. Now here seems to be a rumor concerning Sprint. Sprint wants all their new Hi-end smart Phones to be 4g (Wimax). They want Pre3 to be Wimax. HP has had no plan on their road map to make Pre3 a Wimax phone at this time, thus the impasse. For HP to make Pre 3 Wimax would delay a Sprint pre3 launch and cost money to configure and resource (human not $$$) are focused elsewhere at this time (other phones? Or TouchpAd) plus more testing etc. They have a 3G CDMA Pre3 ready to go. HP sees like they have delayed Pre3 till mid/Late August now working on other issues and also still trying to work with sprint to have a launch on all three National carriers. Sprint and HP must get this hammered out real soon if the Pre3 is coming to Sprint late this summer. Sprint must choose do they launch Pre3 as a 3G only phone on Sprint same time frame as AT&T and VZ, or do they convince HP to make a 4g Wimax Pre3 and launch in Nov. This is his take concerning the impasse between HP and Sprint with the Pre3, from what he can put together. I asked could this be a problem with other phone, he did not know if this is a problem with the other new third phone.

HP take is the fact that they seem to have a strong belief that Wimax future is in much doubt. HP Systems works with Sprint corporate so they might have knowledge here is my take. FYI, my colleague really feels he has told me this before Sprint will be switching to a 4G LTE platform and move away from Wimax. That within 6-12 months Sprint will stop bring new Wimax phones to the system and you will see them move away from Wimax and really push a new LTE network. I do not know why they would do this but oh well.

So either this gets worked out and Sprint takes a 3G only EDVO phone, or HP makes the Pre3 Wimax and it comes out late fall after VZ and AT&T release it, or the worst neither gives and Pre3 does not come to Sprint.

On a side note about a month ago I was at HP Americas office in North Houston and talked to a Client and that is where I learned about the new upcoming Pre3 and Touch Pad. I was led to believe at that time that the Pre3 would be coming to all three Carriers. Also I have heard from other sources over the last few months to expect Sprint to move away from Wimax and go all in concerning LTE.
    Last edited by tj0827; 07/02/2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Hows it feel to be a dreamer? Not saying Sprint won't get it some day, but 1.5 months? When nothing has hit FCC indicating Sprint, but FCC has shown VZW and ATT, but no date released for either of those...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    1-2 months of dreaming isn't bad. If all else fails, I'm going to join AT&T since there is a real tangible possibility the Pre 3 is headed there soon.
    @tj0827 ---> Now THAT is how you post a rumor, folks! Haha. Honestly, that lines up perfectly with all the other rumors out there and is probably the best explanation we're gonna get!

Thanks.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    At this point the Pre3 getting launched on sprint is not enough for me to want to get one. Yes I love webOS, but only for the UI. Not for the hardware, or the wonderful apps(tongue in cheek).
    So if Sprint gets the Pre3 that's great..... doesn't mean I'll be getting one. I've got my evo3d now and i'm pretty happy with it. the hardware is mindblowing and the apps are fantastic.
    Still miss webOS, but its going to take some follow through from HP to convince me to come back over, not just a powerful yet still humdrum phone.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast