Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Just sent an email. Not really sure I would even get the device, or if I do get the Pre 3 if it will be with Sprint, but I really do love this OS and want to see it thrive and for me the more carriers it's on the better.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I saw this thread earlier today and thought I would send Dan an email tonight. However, after reading the weak TouchPad reviews, I just can't see how the Pre3 can be anything BUT a disappointment. If the TouchPad (with all its horsepower) is STILL sluggish at times, I gotta believe the Pre3 is the same or (more likely) worse since it will have inferior hardware compared to the TouchPad. Maybe Sprint is doing the right thing here and "passing" on this (probably) turd.

I can't believe I just said what I said. I REALLY REALLY want to replace my launch day Pre- with a new webOS phone -- but I don't want to be flaming mad if I find out that 2.5 years later the latest webOS phone still has lag. If 2.5 years of hardware advancement, and 2.5 years of time to improve the OS still ends up with lag, I think it will be time to put myself out of my own misery. You have no idea how sad that will be for me. It'll be like saying goodbye to a lifelong friend. It'll hurt, but HP may just force the decision for me.
    Kilroy was here.
    The Pre3 is running a more mature OS (webOS 2.x), and to be honest, the CPU is faster than the TouchPad's until you start getting a lot of apps open. The Pre3 should be lightning fast, and it's not missing critical hardware features as far as I'm concerned.

I've used and watched friends use Android/Windows Phone 7/iOS devices. They all lag at one point or another, just generally not for no reason like the TouchPad, apparently.
    stevenleuck likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    I saw this thread earlier today and thought I would send Dan an email tonight. However, after reading the weak TouchPad reviews, I just can't see how the Pre3 can be anything BUT a disappointment. If the TouchPad (with all its horsepower) is STILL sluggish at times, I gotta believe the Pre3 is the same or (more likely) worse since it will have inferior hardware compared to the TouchPad. Maybe Sprint is doing the right thing here and "passing" on this (probably) turd.

I can't believe I just said what I said. I REALLY REALLY want to replace my launch day Pre- with a new webOS phone -- but I don't want to be flaming mad if I find out that 2.5 years later the latest webOS phone still has lag. If 2.5 years of hardware advancement, and 2.5 years of time to improve the OS still ends up with lag, I think it will be time to put myself out of my own misery. You have no idea how sad that will be for me. It'll be like saying goodbye to a lifelong friend. It'll hurt, but HP may just force the decision for me.
    But what about the children? Do it for the children!?
    The other question to consider is to see how well the HP TouchPad sells. If it starts to make a good dent, that could pave the way for the Pre3 on Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The Pre3 is running a more mature OS (webOS 2.x), and to be honest, the CPU is faster than the TouchPad's until you start getting a lot of apps open. The Pre3 should be lightning fast, and it's not missing critical hardware features as far as I'm concerned.
    P.S. Haven't sent my e-mail to Dan yet. Want to make sure my messaging is effective and make sure I "get it right the first time." Part of my query would to inquire about the possibility of getting the Pixi Plus on Sprint as a holdover, with the hope that HP will revive the Pixi form factor, however doubtful that seems to be.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Done! I just emailed him. I really hope this helps.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Thanks for your post. It inspired me to send my letter to Mr. Hesse:

Dear Mr. Hesse:

My family and I are loyal Sprint customers for the past decade.
    We respectfully ask you to deliver the HP Pre3 on the Sprint network.

There has never been a smartphone like the HP Pre3. The current marketplace simply pales in comparison. We are among the many thousands of Sprint, Palm Pre device owners that may decide to join another carrier for a newer webOS device such as the HP Pre3. If Sprint is recognized as the "Now" network, why not deliver the "Wow" phone…HP Pre3?

Remember that HP Pre3's webOS is The Best-Rated mobile operating system anywhere. And, the HP Pre3 is designed with professional-grade hardware.

We strongly believe that the HP Pre3 is "The" Breakthrough product that belongs on "The" Breakthrough Network…"Sprint".

So, please Sprint, please deliver the HP Pre3 soon. There will never be a better time.

Thank You.
    Last edited by fred1955; 06/30/2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: minor edit
    stevenleuck and LadyJayne like this.
    Emailing Dan now, never thought I actually would
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    If you want a faster response, include a number on your account. If you don't, they will reply with a request for it.
    stevenleuck likes this.
    i emailed him a week ago and spoke on the phone with someone from his office. she pretty much said that they currently don't have plans for the Pre3 on Sprint but that the demand is very high (they have been getting emails,calls, ect from everywhere).

if we keep this up we may be able to convince Sprint to carry it.
    stevenleuck likes this.
    Emailed him as well. I have 5 Pre's on my account and have been with Sprint since 1999.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i emailed him a week ago and spoke on the phone with someone from his office. she pretty much said that they currently don't have plans for the Pre3 on Sprint but that the demand is very high (they have been getting emails,calls, ect from everywhere).

if we keep this up we may be able to convince Sprint to carry it.
    Same here.
    The last thing she said to me was that it was her understanding that the soonest any of the carriers is going to see the Pre3 would be roughly the beginning of September but that we should keep up the email campaign if we want to see Sprint carry it.
    I can without a shred of physical proof other then my words. Tell you that this is completely false. Its coming to the VERY OBVIOUS carrier, sooner then you guys think.

Unfortunately, sprint is not that carrier.
    I sent my email. Not sure if it will do any good, but I want a pre 3 or its off to verizon.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post

I have an unlocked developer Pre2 and I have to say, even that is head and shoulders above the original Pre. Build quality much, much better. Performance better.

I just emailed Dan so will see what happens. Currently quite happy with my Samsung Epic but I could be persuaded back to WebOS for the right phone
    I sent multiple emails from different accounts.

Today I sent a follow-up email to the caged response I got informing them that I am leaving. Maybe if enough of us leave they will get the hint? Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREADAM View Post
    I sent multiple emails from different accounts.

Today I sent a follow-up email to the caged response I got informing them that I am leaving. Maybe if enough of us leave they will get the hint? Probably not.
    Just telling them you are leaving won't have any weight at all. You have to actually leave, then reply to them and say why you left. People threaten to leave just to get perks, so they can't take it quite as seriously. (Not encouraging you to leave, mind you )
    Emailed him month or so ago about this and also spoke with a rep from his office a few times. Same story (no decisions yet but we are getting many inquiries about it).

I'm glad that people are starting to understand that this is a Sprint decision, not an HP one.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Ya'll need to be emailing Robert Johnson, his team is the final decision makers when it comes to what phones sprint will carry. Rumor is that is the hang up between HP and Sprint. Thay want any new smart phone to be 4g, HP has chose at this time not to make a WIMAX phone.

I think from HP's perspective they must know that WiMAX is not going to be here for the long haul (my Guess) because word is Sprint will be converting over next two years to LTE+, not LTE, but LTE+.

Just not sure emailing Hesse will help, you need to some leverage to convince Robert Johnson's team, that would be where I would start.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just telling them you are leaving won't have any weight at all. You have to actually leave, then reply to them and say why you left. People threaten to leave just to get perks, so they can't take it quite as seriously. (Not encouraging you to leave, mind you )

I mentioned that I was keeping both my phones off contract due to the rumors they would not be getting the pre 3, so I can switch carriers at will, and noted that with the number of minutes I use and sprints prem charge for smart phones I can get a plan with a different carrier for a comparable for lesser price point. My pre- is working fine right now, so I could actually wait until the price drops on the pre 3, but i wanted to get a vz acct before their tiered data takes effect. I only use 1-2 G per month on average, but with a larger screen that may increase. If it takes them more than a month to get the pre 3 then I can port my phone number to an off contract pixi. I can't pay for two accounts more than a month tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    s1241sm likes this.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast