Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    did HP shoot themself with all this hush hush?

this delay will only bring the release of window 7 mango even closer to the Pre3 date.

if HP keeps up the silence it will push those stuborn WebOS people to a new phone and OS just like me. i so wanted the Pre3 but got tired of the HP games. now i will have 6-7 months under my contract belt by the time the Pre3 comes out and very close to the release of Windows7 mango.

after all my frustration and anger because of the HP silence i get to laugh at them now
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    when is teh pre3 release date?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I don't understand. How does HP harm their brand by not releasing a product before it is ready to go. If you don't release until it's ready, you lose some of the the customers you could have had in the interim. (notice I said some, because if the product is good, you will get some of those missed customers back)

If you release a crappy product early, you lose all of those interim customers, many future customers who are scared away, AND a product cycle lost to a worthless product.

If they pre-announce (no pun intended) product before it is ready, they are accused of pushing vaporware and they give their competition more insight than necessary into their plans.

So why exactly are you laughing???
    Last edited by C-Note; 06/28/2011 at 03:58 PM.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Wait. Uh, is there some news? Has it been delayed later than the rumored July 21 date?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Mango. Apple.
    Perhaps we should rechristen the Pre 'Pear'.
    Where's my PearPad!?
    Some jack monkey posted that the pre3 was delayed on Verizon. Even thoe theres no hard evidence that it was coming to Verizon in the first place. Let alone anything else official.

It is all hearsay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Some jack monkey posted that the pre3 was delayed on Verizon.
    I guess you are referring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Even thoe theres no hard evidence that it was coming to Verizon in the first place. Let alone anything else official.

It is all hearsay.
    Yup that was pretty much the tone of my post, I wasn't trying to claim it was anything more then what a Verizon CSR told me after the HP rep met with him. I specifically said not to give it much weight. If you don't like those posts feel free to voice your concern to the mods.
    Yes I totally want mango now that you've confirmed the Pre3 isn't coming out until 2013.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Deceptive thread title. Nothing new to see here.

Pre3 isn't "delayed" until they miss their wide "summer" target, FYI. So we have until mid-September.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Mango. Apple.
    Perhaps we should rechristen the Pre 'Pear'.
    I prefer the 'Peach'....
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Let's not spread the FUD. There has only been one report from one VZW customer service rep about a possible delay.
    and we all know how reps are =P
    There isn't a release date, how can there be a delay?

WP7 mango is an OS update, Pre3 is a hardware release, I am not sure thats an apple to apple comparison. Pre3's success or failure probably has less to do with WP7 mango, more to do with iPhone and android.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    When did Windows Phone 7 becme a threat? That platform has failed to meet expectations as of now. I highly doubt a OS update will be life changing for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    When did Windows Phone 7 becme a threat? That platform has failed to meet expectations as of now. I highly doubt a OS update will be life changing for them.
    Maybe you should go see what Mango is all about... It's actually pretty impressive. Windows Phone ‘Mango’ preview | This is my next...
    The supposed delay date is until July next year. The rumor says they decided to make the Pre 3 a dual screened 3D phone so Sprint would buy it. Its also supposed to come with a laser pointer under the flash so your cat can play while you tilt the phone back and forth playing Need For Speed.
    Any platform that has the potential to take a sale away from you is a threat.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    The supposed delay date is until July next year. The rumor says they decided to make the Pre 3 a dual screened 3D phone so Sprint would buy it. Its also supposed to come with a laser pointer under the flash so your cat can play while you tilt the phone back and forth playing Need For Speed.
    You forgot that David Blane was going to personally deliver each jewel encrusted unit.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'd be amazed if MS actually shipped mango on time, not to mention all the problems they had with updates bricking ws7 devices earlier this year.
    OP fail.

Try again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast