1.    #1  
    i was in my local BB here in Sacramento. they had the HP display up with a working Veer and a display Veer and a place for the Touchpad.

i think that in "coming soon" the place that has the demo Veer will be a Pre3

so the HP display will have a Veer on one side of the Touchpad and a Pre3 on the other side

what do you think?
    I think that people will see it and think 'ooh look shiny toys to play with'.

Which is great for WebOS.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Yeah in my store its facing the main walking aisle around the store and it replaced where the iPad was. Hopefully the reps are at least trying to sell it though. So many times i overheard a rep trying to sell a android tab over an iPad. Lets hope the same happens with the touchpad.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I looked at a Veer at the Best Buy display. The build quality was terrible. The top portion actually hung up on the keyboard keys when slid, and along with the sides dragging on the edges, just like my 2 yr old POS Pre.

Looks like the same crappy manufacturing/QA process.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    I looked at a Veer at the Best Buy display. The build quality was terrible. The top portion actually hung up on the keyboard keys when slid, and along with the sides dragging on the edges, just like my 2 yr old POS Pre.

Look likes you weren't looking at a veer. The veer build quality is amazing. If you compare it to an original Pre then you didn't look right.

I've looked at a few different veers and they were amazing. I wish I could get one but I can't, plus I'd rather get a little bit bigger phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Look likes you weren't looking at a veer. The veer build quality is amazing. If you compare it to an original Pre then you didn't look right....
    Dude, it was a Veer. I know what one looks like. White, magnetic charge connector, WebOS, big HP display, blah, blah, blah.

There are going to be so many disappointed people if the Pre3 ever comes out.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Dude, it was a Veer. I know what one looks like. White, magnetic charge connector, WebOS, big HP display, blah, blah, blah.

There are going to be so many disappointed people if the Pre3 ever comes out.
    Ok, so you played with the veer. Was it a demo/dummy unit or a real veer?

Sometimes people can mistake the dummy phones for the real ones sometimes.

Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Ok, so you played with the veer. Was it a demo/dummy unit or a real veer?

Sometimes people can mistake the dummy phones for the real ones sometimes.

FFS, it was a real, working Veer. I guess you'll just have to wait to see.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Seems to me like your store just had a model someone had a vendetta against. I've played with a few working Veers at two different Best Buys and the build quality on both of them was great. Nice tight slide, no flimsiness whatsoever. That being said, one of the stores had their Veer off, and I couldn't get it to start up, which was unfortunate because it was sitting next to their Touchpad so customers won't be able to see how they're similar.
    IDK, my BB is disappointing. They have the display set up for the tablet, but there is just a cardboard display for the TouchPad and 2 posts where Veers (working or not) would go. I asked if they had recieved the display touchpad yet and the guy said they won't be getting any until sometime next week. It's odd that HP is paying for these displays and BB doesn't seem to give a ****.

The displays are pretty sad actually when compared to the apple display which was right next to the touchpad display in my BB.
    the apple display was a huge kiosk with a backlit apple on a wood wall. It was like you were actually in an apple store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    i was in my local BB here in Sacramento. they had the HP display up with a working Veer and a display Veer and a place for the Touchpad.

i think that in "coming soon" the place that has the demo Veer will be a Pre3

so the HP display will have a Veer on one side of the Touchpad and a Pre3 on the other side

what do you think?
    Which BB was this at? I am still trying to get my hands on a working Veer so the wife and I can decide if we are gonna end our contract now or wait until the Pre3 comes out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, my BB is disappointing. They have the display set up for the tablet, but there is just a cardboard display for the TouchPad and 2 posts where Veers (working or not) would go. I asked if they had recieved the display touchpad yet and the guy said they won't be getting any until sometime next week. It's odd that HP is paying for these displays and BB doesn't seem to give a ****.

You have to remember in BB as with any other retailer, it all depends on who you are talking to. My guess is you probably asked one of the crappy BB minimum wage employees. From the looks of it, BB as a corporation does seem to give a ****, you will get crappy employees in lots of retail locations no matter what the company (this comes from 10 years in management).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I had to laugh when I saw the post saying the Veer has bad build quality. It's amazingly solid