Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    How long are you willing to wait for a Pre 3?

    I currently have an out of contract iPhone 3Gs on ATT that I've had for 2 years. I'm wanting to try a new phone other than an iPhone. WebOS is in the lead, except there is no phone available, nor any concrete word as to when a Pre 3 will ever materialize.

    I'm going to wait for at least until the 10th of July for any firm word on US availability of the Pre 3 and which carriers, and if I don't hear anything by then I think I'm going to sign a Sprint contract and go with either an EVO 3D or an EVO 4G.

    Not knowing is worse than knowing but having to put up with a delay. Should HP announce a release date I might reconsider.

    If they can release a Pre 3 in a somewhat timely manner I might just buy it outright and stay on ATT. But somehow all the delay and secrecy is not building my confidence that the Pre 3 will be reliable. I realize I'm just one customer and HP, ATT and Sprint could care less what I want or what I do but there it is - I intend to shift my money to whomever can deliver.

    I reserve the right to change this if I completely fall in love with webOS on the Touchpad I have preordered.

    So, how long will you wait for certain word on the Pre 3.
    PDA History:

    Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

    Touchpad
  2. #2  
    I'll be waiting until it's available.
  3. #3  
    I'm not sure. I don't want anything other that webos, so it's not about jumping to a different platform as much as it is jumping to a different carrier. My sprint pre is working fine, but I want a larger screen and autofocus camera and lot of new apps I can't buy for 1.4.5. My nephew can get me an out of contract verizon phone to borrow so I can get an unlimited verizon account before July 7, but I don't want to pay two phone bills for more than a month, or be w/o webos more than a month. I can get an out of contract pixi cheap, but I wasn't trying to buy new hardware other than the Pre3. If they would just release dates and carriers, I could make an informed decision. Then there is also HP's whole "make it right" statement. I don't want to invalidate any opportunities by deactivating my existing pre. *sigh* Decisions, decisions....
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    I reserve the right to change this if I completely fall in love with webOS on the Touchpad I have preordered.

    So, how long will you wait for certain word on the Pre 3.
    If you have preordered a touchpad I think you would be crazy to not wait for a pre3. My brother works for hp (UK) and has a pre3 and touchpad already. He says touch to share is awesome. Also have you tried an EVO or Android? My current phone is an Evo on Sprint and I'm not impressed with Android.
  5. #5  
    If it's not out in July/August I will be consider the next iPhone.
    davidg4781 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
    If you have preordered a touchpad I think you would be crazy to not wait for a pre3. My brother works for hp (UK) and has a pre3 and touchpad already. He says touch to share is awesome. Also have you tried an EVO or Android? My current phone is an Evo on Sprint and I'm not impressed with Android.
    At the end of the day you have to have a product. Right now HP and the carriers got nothing. They can't expect people to wait forever, no matter how good it sounds. Not trying to be mean - it's a business proposition.

    I've got the money ready NOW and I'm trying my hardest to give it to HP and so far: nothing.

    I'd really like a couple of HP color lasers too so I can just touch my phone to them (or however it works) and print out that PDF somebody emailed me, but HP has to deliver the goods.
    PDA History:

    Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

    Touchpad
  7. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #7  
    My Gold Premier year is up in November. If there isn't even a blip, I'll consider moving to WP7. If I choose to stick with my Epic, then my wife and I will be out of contract the following November and we'll see what happens.

    I really, really want to move back to webOS, but not enough to break contract.
  8. #8  
    I have no problem waiting, I bought the Veer so its easier to hold out when you already have a newer device. The size may be a turnoff but I came from an iPhone 4 and I only miss a few apps (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Tiny Wings, and Qrank) but hopefully over the next year or so I can get replacements. Try out the Veer for a couple of weeks. There is a 35 dollar restocking fee, so if you dont like it consider it a rental fee.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    I've got the money ready NOW and I'm trying my hardest to give it to HP and so far: nothing.
    I understand and as a Sprint user I could be waiting a very long time. But it does seem a bit silly to not wait another month and get a Pre3 if you have a touchpad coming already. Again what is your motive to switch carriers and goto an Evo? I'm just curious because if you switch to Sprint you could be waiting even longer for a WebOs phone that works with your touchpad. I guess I don't quite understand your motivation? I understand the frustration in the wait but not sure why at this point you would suddenly jump ship.
  10. #10  
    My BB (primary work phone) and my pre- both do all that i NEED and most of what I want. So long as the phones operate and do what I need....I'll wait for any other phone.

    If the Pre3 is as good as expected (I'll CERTAINLY wait until the early adopter's reviews come in), then I may go to Pre3 as my only phone.


    Otherwise, I will not upgrade just because I am "eligible" to do so. NEITHER of my two phones are "under contract".
  11. #11  
    If the Droid 3 is promising, I will get that. Otherwise, I will likely get the Droid Bionic when it releases. If the Pre3 doesnít have a firm release date (or released by then) Iíll not wait any longer.

    -Suntan
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
    I understand and as a Sprint user I could be waiting a very long time. But it does seem a bit silly to not wait another month and get a Pre3 if you have a touchpad coming already. Again what is your motive to switch carriers and goto an Evo? I'm just curious because if you switch to Sprint you could be waiting even longer for a WebOs phone that works with your touchpad. I guess I don't quite understand your motivation? I understand the frustration in the wait but not sure why at this point you would suddenly jump ship.
    But will it be another month or will it be August, September? Nobody can say, and the European shipping dates seem to keep slipping further away. If I have a date certain I can make an informed decision, but as it stands I don't like being in limbo waiting for somebody to condescend to tell us when the Pre 3 will come out. And that is what it is feeling like to me condescension.
    PDA History:

    Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

    Touchpad
  13. #13  
    I have been thinking I might head out and get me an Evo 3D in a few weeks...Atfer all of the software messes are cleaned up by HTC. My current Pre- is still holding up ok! But this can change any day now! I wont pay $100 for a new one sadly...

    Time will tell!

    Only a few more weeks from me!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

    Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

    If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
    But it does seem a bit silly to not wait another month and get a Pre3 if you have a touchpad coming already.
    As a person that currently uses a pre and an android tablet, I can say that having two different OSs isn't that tough to deal with. If you're smart enough to figure one smartphone OS out, you are smart enough to figure two of them out. At least that is my experience.

    Also, for all the wow nad hype, I really will be curious to see just how much people actually will use TTS. Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

    Anyway, my main point is, I don't think a person should automatically disqualify options just because you already have this or that gadget. You may find that a gadget with a different OS still offers you more functionality than the one that happens to share the same OS as your phone and vice-versa.

    -Suntan
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Anyway, my main point is, I don't think a person should automatically disqualify options just because you already have this or that gadget. You may find that a gadget with a different OS still offers you more functionality than the one that happens to share the same OS as your phone and vice-versa.

    -Suntan
    I agree, my point was that the OP obviously wants a Pre3 but is sick of waiting. I'm not sure I would switch to a different phone and carrier after ordering a Touchpad just because I couldn't wait another month or so. Thats just me.
  16. #16  
    I've already moved on, I waited till May this is coming from a launch day owner and first time Palm user. Sadly wasn't given a chance to continue with the great brand. We will see whats up next year in May for the next upgrade. I'm on a two year contract now. My contract was up with sprint. But without a hint of knowledge as to what was going on I just opted to renew with sprint. Ya snooze ya loose HP.
  17. gtief's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #17  
    Patience is a virtue, after all !
  18. #18  
    I will wait until nov. when my upgrade is due. If it's still not available then I will look to windows, and if there is some great windows hardware, then I will be switching over my work phone from webos to windows. Android is not an option, tried an atrix for 3 months and hated it, came crawling back to my pre from a 4" hd screen quad core 4g phone.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ManyCowsMoo View Post
    I'm very strongly considering switching off my parents' Sprint plan and getting my own ATT plan and getting a Veer with the intention of returning it and getting a Pre3. Hopefully that rumored July 21st date is legit and applies to ATT, otherwise this may not work out so well.
    No reason to make a move until you hear an official date. I'd wait till its released and you start getting the feedback and then decide what you want to do. In the end you'll probably have all the info you need within a month.
  20. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    My BB (primary work phone) and my pre- both do all that i NEED and most of what I want. So long as the phones operate and do what I need....I'll wait for any other phone.
    .
    this is a pretty great point. My Pre does everything I really need it to do, but good lord is that hardware failing more and more every day.

    I'm planning on waiting till August / September assuming the Pre makes it another two / three months.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions