Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I will wait as long as it takes. I simply love the webOS experience. And the touchpad should keep my geek anxiety for new devices in check for another couple of months anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    I've just about conceded to getting an Evo3D. I'm tired of throwing money away at my Pre- in the hopes that the Pre 3 is just around the corner.

I'll be eligible for another upgrade next summer, maybe the Pre3 will be out by then.
    Don't quite understand... how are you throwing money away?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I think he's looking at the fact that he's been saving his upgrade. Every month you are out of contract and you pay the carrier, that in my opinion is throwing money away as opposed to when it could be working towards reducing your contract.

Say you sigh a 2 year term, you get a discounted phone. That price is normal factored into the contract monthly plan (whatever it may be). Now when your contract expires, the carrier is STILL charging you the same for the plan, it's not like miraculously your rate drops because you've fulfilled your contract.

Same reason why T-mobile NON CONTRACT plans were cheaper than contract plans, because no phone was being subsidized so T-mobile didn't have to charge extra for the plans.

Staying out of contract for a year or whatever and paying the same previous contract price is idiotic In my opinion.
    Settling for an Android device that is clumsy at best in it's "multi-tasking" and having to wait for that 2 years of hell to expire is idiotic...in my opinion.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Hi, i posted on here a little recently.. and i'd make posts without really realizing that people have already posted them, but i don't think this had been posted.. and if what i'm reading is entirely pre 3 related..

Here it goes..

I use google chrome as a web browser and there's an option that, when right clicked on the background, says "Inspect Element". I Clicked that on the UK page and searched high and low of the following: Available, July, 07, August, 08, Release, Launch, and Date. Trying to get an idea of when this baby will release and i've spent a few hours on it now and finally came across something... Under the "resources" tab and when searched "Date" a long ways int he search comes something that says some about HP Campaign... Math.. Date.. 60 days.. So i'm making a huge assumption considering i know NOTHING of HTML.. ha. but if what i'm reading is right.. the campaign will start in 60 days and 60 days from today is... FALL.. So i guess it really is being released in the fall. Pretty lame if you ask me. If you don't believe please look it up yourself. Thanks for reading this.. Either way, we'll all have to wait till then to get one.. and remind you.. this is for the UK.. and from previous experience. the UK got the Pre 2 first.. so who knows when we'll, the US, will get it.
    first i really like WebOS and had planned to wait till the new WebOS came to Sprint but my pre- is falling apart, not bad but getting there.

i am just tired of the games or silence by HP. i moved on and by the time the new WebOS phone comes out i will have about 8-9 months into my new phone. it wont be long before i can look at anything new WebOS has to offer. i will say that WS 7 mango has perked my interests. Mango will be avaliable in fall
    I am waiting until september. That is when my contract expires with Sprint. At that time I'll be looking at renewing my contract with Sprint with either the Samsung Galaxy phone or the HTC EVO 3D
    March 2012 free upgrade for me
    If it releases with an outdated version of WebOS (as Rubinstein has suggested it will), then there will be no Pre 3 for me.
    I've had a palm since before they were phones... VZW contract up in august. If no sign of PRE 3, i'm done. can not deal with it any more. my god why does it take so damn long for them to come out with new devices.

the worst thing is with all the advances and apps, none of them are for the Pre. all apple and droid... and I hate the droid!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Unfortunately for HP, I'm done waiting... I got the Galaxy S2 today.
    HP, get your acts straight... it is a shame how you alienate many users who would love to use a phone with a great OS. HP = FAIL

I will still visit the forums as the community is great It really sucks that some corporate idiots push you away from good people with good software.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I'm happy enough with my Pre2 and TouchPad, and so I dont mind waiting for my Pre3. But there are some things I will be disappointed in if the Pre3 does not deliver the following:

1. Navigation / Maps - I have NDrive and it better port over since it didnt for the TouchPad, but HP needs to figure out some sort of turn by turn voice queued navigation.

2. On screen keyboard in both vertical and horizintal modes.

3. Document editing

4. Skype that actually works

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Last edited by vasekvi; 07/21/2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My Pre has a number of problems. Mainly, my miniusb power port fell out a few months ago and now the only way it charges is via touchstone. Well that's fine, but now the battery charge lasts maybe 1 hour, 2 tops. So, I would need to pay the $30 fee to fix the charger, and then $$? to get a new battery. This, all after I went out and bought 2 touchstones after the charging port fell out.

The reason I never had it fixed originally was because the Sprint service center said they couldn't guranatee that I wouldn't lose my pix and vids... I was going out of town or something and didn't have time to email everything to myself, so I opted to go the touchstone route as a workaround until I could salvage most of the pix of my kids and what not.

So anyways, time went on, and busy with work etc etc and I never got around to having the charging port fixed because, the touchstone solution was working ok with one at home and one at work. I just left my Pre- on the charger all the time.

Well, I would still really not have a problem doing all that, and waiting around for a Sprint Pre3, BUT I have trip to Los Angeles coming up in about 4 weeks and it really is not feasable for me to be travelling across country with a phone that only holds a charge for 1 hour. Using GPS Navigation would suck it dry as I drive around LA, and I haven't had great luck with the touchstone in the car.

So.... today I bit the bullet and got an Evo3D at Sams Club for $175.

My initial impression after about 3 hours with the Evo3D so far is, Android is simply not as elegant or easy to use as WebOS. I am constantly trying to swipe and flick emails and the like.

The good thing is, my trip to LA will be over right as the 30 day trial period expires. So, I'll get to use it and try to adapt to it while in a working situtation, and when I get back, if I don't like it and haven't adjusted to it... I may go back to my ailing Pre- with all its problems.

By then, maybe HP and Sprint will have reconciled and the Pre SLAB will have been announced! lol

I will say the Evo3D feels like a solid phone ** Note - the first one I got had a defective power switch and I had to take it back and exchange it a couple hours after I got it. The latest one works great ** If there was a way to marry up the HTC hardware with the WebOS software, that would be fantastic.

If I don't switch back in 30 days, I really hope that by next summer HP and Sprint have worked things out so I can come back to WebOS. This was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in quite some time. It took me two weeks to talk myself into doing this.
    I am hoping now for an iPhone 5 on sprint... Tired of waiting and having Sprint dash my hopes and dreams of a Pre3
    development of phone webos seems to come to a complete stop. what good will the pre 3 be without more cowbells
    Yahoo news this morning... "5 best phones destined to be collectibles" # 3 is Palm pre: 5 Best Cell Phones Doomed to be Collectible - Yahoo! Shopping

This is what we've been telling these idiots at palm and now HP this whole time. Great OS, pathetic marketing. And now this bs with announcing the phone back in January was it? Still nothing in US or any announcement of who the carriers will be in late July. Hopping from one carrier to another. Announcing OS updates then waiting months and months to actually release.

It's ridiculous and no way to run a company. I hoped with HP this phone would get it's consumer act together but they obviously have their heads even farther up their arses than Palm.

It's more than obvious to me at this point that HP only bought Palm to use the OS on their tablets. And why are they releasing the phone all over the world before in the US?

I'm beyond p'd off at this point. But seeing this story this morning just confirmed what I and many others felt. Palm pre will go down in history as one of the best phones and OS's to never recognize it's potential.

All you have to do is look at the facts.... a january technology phone still yet to be released in August! I mean, ***?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtphoto View Post
    Yahoo news this morning... "5 best phones destined to be collectibles" # 3 is Palm pre: 5 Best Cell Phones Doomed to be Collectible - Yahoo! Shopping

This is what we've been telling these idiots at palm and now HP this whole time. Great OS, pathetic marketing. And now this bs with announcing the phone back in January was it? Still nothing in US or any announcement of who the carriers will be in late July. Hopping from one carrier to another. Announcing OS updates then waiting months and months to actually release.

It's ridiculous and no way to run a company. I hoped with HP this phone would get it's consumer act together but they obviously have their heads even farther up their arses than Palm.

It's more than obvious to me at this point that HP only bought Palm to use the OS on their tablets. And why are they releasing the phone all over the world before in the US?

I'm beyond p'd off at this point. But seeing this story this morning just confirmed what I and many others felt. Palm pre will go down in history as one of the best phones and OS's to never recognize it's potential.

All you have to do is look at the facts.... a january technology phone still yet to be released in August! I mean, ***?!
    Well, we all love WebOS and it may be that the only way we'll get to use it in the future is on a tablet form. And maybe that's what its destiny is. If you recall, when HP acquired Palm, they barely gave cell phones a mention in their future plans. All that's been released since their acquisition is the Pre 2, which is something that was clearly a Palm development. The Pre 3 almost certainly had to be in the works prior to the acquisition too. So, it will be interesting to see after the Pre 3 release if HP pursues the cell phone market with their own development or just focuses on integrating WebOS into laptops, desktops and printers.
    March 2012 I will be able to get a new free phone with Sprint....its looking more and more that it will not be a PRE
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    HP does have a shot at making the Pre3 a solid product. Maybe it's good that everywhere you look you see people complaining about the old Palm hardware. It could make quality a higher priority with HP than it usually is in consumer electronics.

Marketing wise, HP has a huge job ahead of them, with the salespeople at every carrier talking smack on the Pre, trying to convince people to choose something else.
    It's not a matter of how long people in this forum will wait for a Pre 3. It's how long current non-WebOS users will wait. And the answer is: they won't. Sure, we're all excited to see the Pre 3 released, but outside of this community, very few people are interested or even know about it. The longer HP messes around, the group of interested individuals will become smaller and smaller.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast