Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wassupTC View Post
    Apple.
    1 Year isnt a couple of Months...
    I hung in there for 2 and half years with a Palm Pre-! It still works great.

However about 5 days ago I got my Evo 3D. The grass is greener on the other side for now. I hope HP gets their stuff together and make a real push in the market. Then I might come back to WebOS. As I love the OS it self. They just have issues getting devices out on time!

I mean COME ON! Fall for the Pre 3 with it's hardware? Really HP thats all you got going on? I sure hope not!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    1 Year isnt a couple of Months...
    You know, HPalm has actually released 4 phones:
    Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre2, Veer
    since the release of Apple's last phone, the iPhone 4.

It seems weird when you think about it. If HP had executed the new phone rollouts in a more organized and timely fashion, across all carriers, there would be much fewer complaints *sigh*

The iPhone 5 (and the rumored second new model) has actually be 'delayed' from Apple's usual yearly refresh. But nobody is complaining about it for some reason.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post

It seems weird when you think about it. If HP had executed the new phone rollouts in a more organized and timely fashion, across all carriers, there would be much fewer complaints *sigh*

The iPhone 5 (and the rumored second new model) has actually be 'delayed' from Apple's usual yearly refresh. But nobody is complaining about it for some reason.
    First of all, Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus are not new phones, its only a ram upgrade. The Pre2 was planned to be realeased by Palm before the buyout. The only phone HP has truly realeased is the Veer. The iphone 5/4s has been slated by many reporters for September when Apple also announces the upgraded iTouches. Releasing the Pre3 in the same month, even worse, the same week as the new Iphone, will be a disaster for HP. Hp should have taken advantage of the small 3 month delay annoucement of the Iphone to release the Pre3.
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    First of all, Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus are not new phones, its only a ram upgrade. The Pre2 was planned to be realeased by Palm before the buyout. The only phone HP has truly realeased is the Veer. The iphone 5/4s has been slated by many reporters for September when Apple also announces the upgraded iTouches. Releasing the Pre3 in the same month, even worse, the same week as the new Iphone, will be a disaster for HP. Hp should have taken advantage of the small 3 month delay annoucement of the Iphone to release the Pre3.
    Veer was Palm as well. It's the last phone to use Palm's model designation (P160UXX, XX = NA or EU), and uses Palm's FCC ID grantee code (O8F-BROX, X = U, Y)

Pre 3 uses HP's grantee code (B94-HHF30CV, E and N) and HP's model number convention.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm still waiting for the release of Palm Pre 3 on Verizon but for the time being I brought a Palm pre 2 off ebay for $175 until the Pre 3 come out and than I will upgrade.
    Well, apparently for me it was 2 days ago.

Got a Droid 3 and so far it works well. Android is definitely different than WebOS, but not necessarily better or worse.

Anyone with an open mind about changing OSes, it is a great phone with a great 5 row keyboard, so check it out if you're interested.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'll wait until Pre 3 is released on Verizon. It will be worth waiting for, even if it doesn't have the fastest processor on the market, etc. WebOS is better than the other OSs, especially when you use the Homebrew patches!
    I was at Sprint again today checking out the Evo 3D when the ups guy came. He dropped off some boxes. One of which contained a tabletop display set for the new Motorola titanium. Looked nice.

the sales guy also brought my attention to the Photon. Both devices coming out in a couple weeks.

went to androidcentral and found the sprint photon forum. Looks helpful in making the switch from webos to android.

still deciding though: evo3D, epic, reg evo ($29 at radio shack!), and now these 2.

I'm really hoping we get some positive news from Sprint or HP about a Pre3/4/slab soon.
    I didn't wait. Got my Pre2 new for £130 with free delivery yesterday. Couldn't say no at that price!
    I've been waiting on the release of the pre 3 since my contract has been up in March.
    However I am giving up hope, and going for a Samsung Galaxy S 2.
    Hopefully when this next contract is over HP will have got its act together or WebOS will be licensed to other handset makers...
    That looks like an ad, not a review. Weird that he doesn't mention any carriers or prices, though.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post

That is incorrect, the Pre Plus was released on May 17th of 2010 on AT&T, and June of 2010 was the iPhone 4 release. Verizon had released it a few months earlier. The Pre 2 never came to AT&T, though there was a carrier unlocked version that would work.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Frankly, I am really getting tired of this! Don't know whether it's an HP or Sprint problem. I would really like to continue on Sprint, after 11 years, but they have no product for me. I will not go Android. I am a Pre early adopter and the original worked great for 18 months and I dropped it!!! I have been thru 4 retreads since. All we can get it someones else's problem that they couldn't find. I have decided that if Sprint doesn't have the Pre 3 or iPhone available by the end of September I am switching to Verizon and will probably go to the iPhone since it is later technology. I hate ATT and further more coverage is horrible at home. Having worked for a "Giant" of industry, I really think the problem is that HP is a Lumbering Giant and just can't respond to market needs quickly. Once they have a product and their markets they perform well, but I think the mobile market does not fit there style. What a shame with that great product they bought. But was said at the time that what they wanted was WebOS. Maybe they don't want to be in the Mobile Phone Market that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    Frankly, I am really getting tired of this! Don't know whether it's an HP or Sprint problem. I would really like to continue on Sprint, after 11 years, but they have no product for me. I will not go Android. I am a Pre early adopter and the original worked great for 18 months and I dropped it!!! I have been thru 4 retreads since. All we can get it someones else's problem that they couldn't find. I have decided that if Sprint doesn't have the Pre 3 or iPhone available by the end of September I am switching to Verizon and will probably go to the iPhone since it is later technology. I hate ATT and further more coverage is horrible at home. Having worked for a "Giant" of industry, I really think the problem is that HP is a Lumbering Giant and just can't respond to market needs quickly. Once they have a product and their markets they perform well, but I think the mobile market does not fit there style. What a shame with that great product they bought. But was said at the time that what they wanted was WebOS. Maybe they don't want to be in the Mobile Phone Market that much.
    Ive already decided that I'm holding on to my pre- since it is still a great phone (tethering too). But once it is dead and can no longer get a replacement, I'm going to downgrade to a standard brick phone and go with the touchpad with a data plan.

But im sticking with sprint. I cant afford the other networks and it isnt sensible to pay more for less on the other carriers.

I know how you feel.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I did not wait. I bought a TouchPad the day of release, but about two weeks later I had become disheartened with how far behind it is as far as support goes as other platforms.

My upgrade was good for July 1st and I switched to the Nexus S. What I like about the phone in particular is that it's almost the "Pre" or "iPhone" of Android phones being that the company who made the operating system also designed the hardware and will be the first to get updates. The amount of high-quality mainstream apps available for this impressive device is outstanding. I still plan on keeping my finger on the pulse of webOS news, as evidenced by my continued visits to these forums!
    im giving it 1 more month. thats it!
    I haven't yet bought a replacement, but I guess I've given up waiting, and I am now shopping. Leading candidates to replace the Pre for me are:

Nexus S
    Samsung Epic
    Motorola XPRT

The Nexus has no physical keyboard, but people seem to like it, and it fits my preferred style of "open stuff that I can mess around with." The Samsung may have out-of-date software the day I buy it, but people like the keyboard. The XPRT will have out-of-date hardware the day I buy it, but again, it seems to have a decent keyboard, and is probably good enough. I have played with friends' EVO shifts and hate the keyboard, and don't love the screen, so probably not that.

I'll probably hang out here for a while longer, though. I like WebOS, but I've given up.
    I've just about conceded to getting an Evo3D. I'm tired of throwing money away at my Pre- in the hopes that the Pre 3 is just around the corner.

I'll be eligible for another upgrade next summer, maybe the Pre3 will be out by then.
    I'm also just about set on the Samsung Epic. I'd love a Pre 3, but it looks less and less likely all the time that it will hit sprint at all, let alone soon. If I go that route my wife will dump her Pre for a Samsung Replenish. It's under-powered, but the keyboard is decent and she's just hippy enough to be impressed by all the 'green' features and the available solar charging battery cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast