Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Not waiting anymore. The latest delay has the Pre3 being released in mid to late August. People this phone was announced in FEBRUARY. In tech terms the fact that this phone is not in comsumer hands is an absolute joke. I LOVE WebOS but my Pre Plus is literally falling apart and I am simply not in a position to keep waiting on HP. I ordered an HTC Trophy last night and am looking forward to trying Windows new phone OS. I will come back to WebOS one day most likely the day HP learns how to get tech in peoples hands. HP is clueless.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    until the Evo3D released...was tough to do because I really will miss webOS BUT HP has ****ed me off with absolutely no information being released...
    been waiting patiently will wait until iphone 5 on sprint too see if the pre 3 is coming or anything changes been eligible for upgrade since april
    I feel pretty good waiting at the moment. I bought a Samsung Fascinate for $49.99 from Best Buy and spent another $20 to get the buy-back program. I signed on to Verizon on the 5th to get grandfathered in to unlimited data and now I leave that phone at home and play around with it when I have spare time but still use my launch day Pre- as my workhorse. When the Pre 3 launches on Verizon I'll upgrade and get $300 off the MSRP from Best Buy. Pretty decent deal to take all the hassle out of the process, what with rebates being upfront and my son works there so he can hold one for me when they come in.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

My patience ran out after Think Beyond. I went and did my Franken Pre 2 back in March. I'm glad I didn't wait, I'd be super frustrated had I waited.
    If I didnt know better, I'd call the Pre vaporware. But thats not the case.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    I stopped waiting and bought myself a cheap, used WP7 device to have something new to play with. I might still get the Pre3, depends on how much I'm going to like WP7 and what my options are when the Pre3 is finally available and what other devices will be available at that point (e.g. N9).
    I was one of those who pre-ordered the Pre3 as soon as it was listed on amazon.de. At that time I was told by Amazon it will be shipped as soon as June 17. Some people even confirmed it to be listed on the distributor's website as available around that time. As everyone knows it got then pushed back again and again, the word is now August or September. I canceled the pre-order. As much as I like webOS, I am not dependent on it, I just love playing with new gadgets. It just gets frustrating and I honestly just don't have the patience anymore. I guess all of you know that feeling I don't get what takes so long, they had working seemingly almost-finished devices back in February...
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by urresidentcomedian View Post
    Well, we're now thirty minutes into July 11th.
    And I switched to the EVO 3D on Sprint. I'll probably wait for somebody to get a webOS slab and not the Pre 3 now, fewer moving parts and I'm used to a slab. I'll also wait until I'm sure the bugs are fixed before buying because, particularly a phone, has to jst work and I don't have time to be somebody's beta tester.

For now Android gets the job done and is available.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    If I didnt know better, I'd call the Pre vaporware. But thats not the case.
    The Pre 3 is the Duke Nukem Forever of cell phones.

I'm jumping ship. I was willing to wait for the mid-July release date, but the fall pushback was the last straw.

So it's the Droid 3 for me. If the Pre 3 somehow releases early (as if), I can always throw the Droid on ebay and just buy the Pre 3 off contract.

But who knows, maybe I'll like the Droid. And I'll finally be able to see what this Words with Friends addiction is all about.
    I gave up waiting. Got a Pre2 from ebuyer.com for 130. So HP have missed out on 200-250 of my cash.
    Absolutely shocking how long it's taken for HP to get this thing released. Announced back in January or February was it? Booo!!
    I decided today that if I have not heard something OFFICIAL from HP or Sprint on future webOS devices on Sprint by Aug 10, I am getting an Evo 3D. I've been playing with it in store for a couple weeks and have adjusted to its UI. Sure isn't as nice as webOS, but it is quick and has a great camera.

if you're wondering about the deadline, I'm flying to LA the following week and I'm a little scared my Pre may die... Because now sometimes they keyboard doesn't work and the touchscreen seems to be going. Yikes!
    Hi all,

I'm just under 10 months beyond my 2 years with my Centro, I'm awaiting the Pre3...if I can wait and not ever used webOS...I would think all of you can also wait!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    k7brown likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguax View Post
    And I'll finally be able to see what this Words with Friends addiction is all about.
    Its either going to be one of those games you absolutely love, or something that will just keep your interest for awhile.
    While i had my iphone i played it all day every day for about a month or two, then just quit.
    But most of my friends have kept going and are still playing.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Wondering why everyone's concerned with what kind of processor it has. If it's adequate to power the phone and apps, both current and future, without any lag, what does it matter?
    You forget that most people look at price vs. performance when they look at a device. If a dual-core 1.5GHz Android based phone sells for $200 with two year contract, how much SHOULD a 1.4GHz single-core WebOS based phone sell for? If we were not already using WebOS, would we really accept paying that same price for a phone with less than half the processing power?

Of course, those who buy Apple computers do that all the time, paying twice as much for an Apple branded computer compared to a Windows based machine with the same processor and technical specs, but that is another issue entirely. For those who have an original Pre or a Pre Plus, the improvement over our current device would be enough on its own to make us want to do it, but if you see that comparison of single-core 1.4GHz vs. dual-core 1.5GHz, it makes it a bit more difficult to justify it, and some might wait for the inevitable drop in price that the price vs. performance would create.

When the Pre Plus first came to Verizon and AT&T, the iPhone was still at the 3GS level, so 600MHz, and as a result, early adopters could accept the price being comparable. Since then, the iPhone 4 came out with a 1GHz processor, and only those who decided to overclock our phones could still feel that our phone of choice is a good one(thanks again for that work, UnixPsycho).

Even now, I don't find that my phone is all that slow, but seeing the latest devices with faster processors and larger screens DOES make me want an upgrade. The Pre 3, with the 3.6 inch screen, slightly larger keyboard, and faster processor(with better battery life on top) would be a worthy purchase.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I'm just under 10 months beyond my 2 years with my Centro, I'm awaiting the Pre3...if I can wait and not ever used webOS...I would think all of you can also wait!

Take care,

Jay
    I went over three years with a Treo 680 until the Pre Plus came to AT&T, so I know the feeling very well. One thing that you may have missed is that those on Sprint have the ORIGINAL Palm Pre, which had a fairly low build quality, so the Sprint crowd really does NEED a replacement device, because their original Pre is literally falling apart on them.
    JayhawkOne likes this.
    I have been waiting for over a year now patently. If it was not a webOS solution I would have moved on long ago.

I have watched HP squander opportunities since the 80's when they bought DEC(Digital Equipment Corp.) and Tandem along with many other acquisitions. Projectively I think they should be at least on a competitive level with IBM by now. Their own HP branded mainframes and special workstations were great at the time also.

On phones I continue to see them seemingly botch one great opportunity after another. Every time I see a possible release it goes to either another country or a single carrier.

Touch pad release looks like a disaster waiting to happen. What manufacturer releases a product and says effectively "don't buy this we have a better one coming out in a couple of months?"

Now my current phone is starting to die and I am forced to consider moving to another platform like the iPhone because I don't know if I can depend on HP releasing Pre 3 to my carrier AT&T or letting the US hang out to dry while it serves other countries.

Sorry part of this is venting other parts are pure frustration. If anyone has any words of encouragement.....

cehwos
    kenhiraihnl likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Take care,

Jay
    Same thing can be said for me. I'm still surviving on the Centro and have been patiently (sometimes impatiently) waiting for the Pre3. I will continue to hold out and wait until the Pre3 comes to AT&T.
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cehwos View Post
    What manufacturer releases a product and says effectively "don't buy this we have a better one coming out in a couple of months?"
    Apple.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The Pre 3 WILL come to AT&T, but the question is when....August, September, October...there's been a huge lack of communication by HP, but even worse from AT&T. AT&T has been <<mod delete>> with their lack of OS updates that have been released by other carriers(O2 got the WebOS Doctor for 2.1 for the Pre Plus).

Quote Originally Posted by cehwos View Post
    I have been waiting for over a year now patently. If it was not a webOS solution I would have moved on long ago.

I have watched HP squander opportunities since the 80's when they bought DEC(Digital Equipment Corp.) and Tandem along with many other acquisitions. Projectively I think they should be at least on a competitive level with IBM by now. Their own HP branded mainframes and special workstations were great at the time also.

On phones I continue to see them seemingly botch one great opportunity after another. Every time I see a possible release it goes to either another country or a single carrier.

Touch pad release looks like a disaster waiting to happen. What manufacturer releases a product and says effectively "don't buy this we have a better one coming out in a couple of months?"

Now my current phone is starting to die and I am forced to consider moving to another platform like the iPhone because I don't know if I can depend on HP releasing Pre 3 to my carrier AT&T or letting the US hang out to dry while it serves other countries.

Sorry part of this is venting other parts are pure frustration. If anyone has any words of encouragement.....

cehwos
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/14/2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: language
    Hi all,

I know many of you are upset, however I'm still using a 2 3/4 year old Centro, I had a 2 year contract with V...when it ended, I saw no point in getting a Pre2 or a veer, I'm willing to wait for the Pre3...As much as you are complaining about lack of apps, well there are tons of apps for me, but no support....Palm OS has been long forgotten by what used to be Palm.

I don't wish to be unkind, but can we please keep the complaining and belly aching to a dull roar? The Pre3 will be here so please just relax, take a deep breath, in the scheme of things this isn't the end of the world!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    rkd7777 likes this.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast