Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #41  
    Well I got my reply:

White processor-bumped 64GB and black 4G TouchPad due in August, Opal and Pre3 by fall | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

I'm not waiting any longer - phone shopping for something Android tomorrow and see what shakes out in the way of a webOS slab phone in a 6 - 12 months.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    I have my Veer now, so I can hang on for a bit. Hopefully it'll launch in time before my Veer is worthless on the used market.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Have you folks read the latest article? The Pre 3 is supposed to be delayed until fall. I can't wait that long, my upgrade was this past June 16th, and I was hoping for the pre 3 to be launched later this month. I've been researching wp7 and the upcoming mango update. I think I"m gonna roll with that.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    Have you folks read the latest article? The Pre 3 is supposed to be delayed until fall. I can't wait that long, my upgrade was this past June 16th, and I was hoping for the pre 3 to be launched later this month. I've been researching wp7 and the upcoming mango update. I think I"m gonna roll with that.
    Presuming OTA updates, if Mango was available now I would seriously consider it.
    PDA History:

Touchpad
    My next Sprint upgrade in November 1st as is the rest of my families. I will wait until then to see what happens. Worst case scenario, my contract is up in January. I've waited this long and, with my Touchpad tethered to my Pre-, I should be able to make it a few more months.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    My next Sprint upgrade in November 1st as is the rest of my families. I will wait until then to see what happens. Worst case scenario, my contract is up in January. I've waited this long and, with my Touchpad tethered to my Pre-, I should be able to make it a few more months.
    Mine has been up since June 2011 and eligible for upgrade since June 2010. The full family is eligible this month, but I'm with you. I can hold on to see what shakes. It's not worth it to give of a phone that I like that's user friendly just for a toy that has a lot of whistle, but isn't as easy to navigate on.

If I wasn't getting older, and needing reading glasses these days, I'd go for the veer. TouchPad and Veer appears an awesome combo. But I wouldn't carry the TouchPad everywhere so I need a Pre screen size.
    I'll be waiting until it comes to Sprint. Or my Pre- stops working. Neither of which will be anytime soon.

The interminable wait sucks, but I am not willing to switch carriers right now. The deal I've got with Sprint is just way too good to give up (~$55/month for unlimited data/text and 450 anytime minutes).

I've also started reading up on Enyo and Mojo documentation in order to finally start writing apps. I think keeping myself occupied with my phone ought to make the wait seem better.
    I'm able to wait as long as it takes my franken pre2 dies !! That's when I'll jump . Unless they say they will not pick up HP webOS ever .
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm waiting until June 19th when the Galaxy S2 is out on Bell network.
    If by then there is no announcement related to Pre3, I'm getting the S2.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I'm going to hold out as long as I can. My Pre- is showing all the classic signs of dying: Oreo, cracks along the sides inching their way towards the screen, my power plug port fell out so now I can only charge via Touchstone, battery only lasts about an hour between charges....

It's been this way for a while now, and while I am tempted by the EVO3D, my plan A is to wait until a solid announcement is made on where the Pre3 is going. My plan B is, to pick up an EVO3D in event that my Pre- completely falls apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    battery only lasts about an hour between charges....
    Last time I looked, there’s OEm replacement batteries for $4 or so on Amazon.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I'm waiting until June 19th when the Galaxy S2 is out on Bell network.
    If by then there is no announcement related to Pre3, I'm getting the S2.

I assume u mean july 19th...

Ive only been in this webOS world for about two weeks. After reading so many comments about the pre3 being delayed, looks like many people do not like what HP is doing.

From what i understand, when the pre3 was announced back in feb, it wasnt an outdated model. Now its considered to be behind the ball IF released with the same specs as the feb model.

WebOS is AMAZING, to say the least. Im willing to buy this phone if released before august. Ive been using android for about 1.5yrs now. I have no complaints about them.

If i can have a phone with fast processor, microsd card slot, front facing camera, HD video capture, physical qwerty keyboard, FREE wireless tethering, great battery life, 4g lte radio, developer support (meaning pushing out ota updates and what not) AND webOS, it would be a perfect phone.

If the pre3 meets that list, i will wait for it. If not, then droid3 it will be.
    It's basically been the same story since 2009. I can't freaking believe this. Promise the world, deliver it "sometime", where sometime == 6-8 months from now. Good work, HPalm, now I'm almost assuredly getting another phone. Not because I can't upgrade: I'm still rocking a Treo and haven't used a contract upgrade since the 700p in August 2006, but because I can't trust them to deliver future things on time. They say they've made strides but in the end it's the same old garbage and I don't care if they don't care. Guess I'm getting an iPhone when the new ones come out this fall, they will at least have some tasks app I like.
    Hp has really dropped the ball on this one. From the start I figured HP purchasing Palm was all about getting web OS for a tablet.
    My original pre is on its last legs. This business of now switching the release date of the pre 3 to fall is the last straw for me. Also annoying that neither sprint nor HP will give any details whatsoever. It's gotten to the point that even if the pre3 came out tmrw on sprint I wouldn't get it just out of contempt for the way they've handled this.
    They just lost a die hard customer.
    Good luck to the rest of you holding out. It's been real.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtphoto View Post
    Hp has really dropped the ball on this one. From the start I figured HP purchasing Palm was all about getting web OS for a tablet.
    My original pre is on its last legs. This business of now switching the release date of the pre 3 to fall is the last straw for me. Also annoying that neither sprint nor HP will give any details whatsoever. It's gotten to the point that even if the pre3 came out tmrw on sprint I wouldn't get it just out of contempt for the way they've handled this.
    They just lost a die hard customer.
    Good luck to the rest of you holding out. It's been real.
    I'm sort of with you. Once my pre- dies, I will be going back to a dumb phone. Will continue with the touchpad though.

I'm a die hard fan of webos.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avrfreaks View Post
    It's basically been the same story since 2009. I can't freaking believe this. Promise the world, deliver it "sometime", where sometime == 6-8 months from now. Good work, HPalm, now I'm almost assuredly getting another phone.
    Actually, Palm did a a much better job, compared to HP. I remember we had precise release dates that were respected, always. Plus, Palm focused on the main sellers (Pre) not a cheapo tablet (Touchpad) and a semi-phone (Veer).

It is Palm that encouraged the Homebrew community to grow, not HP... and now it looks even more that this amazing OS (WebOS) is destined to die because the laziness of some corporate limited brains.

I have no idea what HP is thinking to release the Pre3 with the current specs into Fall. Have you guys saw what Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nexus 4G (both due around Thanksgiving) will have under their belly? They will blow the poor Pre3 out of the sky. How can HP compete with these advanced phones, not to mention Android 4.0 with an army of developers constantly improving the OS? I mean look at the bugs we have into tablet and how it freezes... I don't see Samsung or other manufacturers to pay a hefty software fee for WebOS when they can get Android for free, designed to run much better on their already tested hardware.

It is very sad. A bunch of corporate heads manage always to ruin something great.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    i think im going to start looking at alternatives. My Pre has been on it's last legs for a long time. Cracks on side, cracks on screen, infamous power button getting set to go again. I've just about had it with HP. I'm not waiting until the fall. I had no option for the Pre 2 or Pre + with Sprint (who I would also consider chucking away after 11 years). Stuck with the original Pre forever. It's a shame they are alienating loyal WebOS users. No, i dont want a Touchpad anyway. I want the darn phone. Time to find a new one with a different operating system. Would like physical keyboard too. Any recommendations?
  18.    #58  
    Well I didn't wait. I went and got an HTC EVO 3D. It will tide me over until the right webOS phone comes out and gets a few months battle testing.

But the bar will also be higher because there will also be a new iPhone and Windows Mango Phone in competition.

Whatever version of webOS comes out on the new HP phone it needs to be bullet proof - things like the body of emails not showing on the screen, like on my TP, need to be fixed before release or it will get shot down by the reviewers.
    PDA History:

Touchpad
    Wondering why everyone's concerned with what kind of processor it has. If it's adequate to power the phone and apps, both current and future, without any lag, what does it matter?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about jumping ship from WebOS myself. I love the OS to death, but HP seems to be treating this platform just like they did with their old iPaq phones. Advertising has been almost non existent and when I finally saw a Touch Pad advertisement on television last night, I was very disappointed. It hardly made WebOS feel like the unique platform it is. Concerning WebOS itself, it is literally a ghost town right now when it comes to apps. Hardly any new apps are popping up and it's getting very difficult the support other platforms get. Sure, we have the wonderful homebrew scene and patches, but it isn't like the other platforms are exactly hurting for hackers. Just spend a few minutes on XDA Developers and you'll find a absurd amount of Android development going on. I'm going to hold out until the end of this month, but if nothing seems to be changing, then I might be looking at Android for my next phone.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast