1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here's a nice comparison of soem current or soon to be released smartphones, including our very own Pre3!

Take care,

Jay

Nokia N9 Vs Samsung Galaxy SII Vs Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Vs Apple iPhone 4 Vs HP Pre 3

Nokia N9 Vs Samsung Galaxy SII Vs Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Vs Apple iPhone 4 Vs HP Pre 3 - Recombu

By Hannah Bouckley on Friday, 24th June 2011

With a gorgeous design and screen showcasing MeeGo with its swipe controls, the Nokia N9 is one of the most important Ė and exciting - Nokia releases in a long time.

Although itís not out until later in the year, it will be up against some pretty stiff competition from a smartphone market that is growing rapidly and currently contains some excellent handsets. Its main rivals in the mid/high end market are the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and forthcoming HP Pre 3. Plus of course we canít really ignore the continuing success of the Apple iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy SII.

Weíll bring you a full, in-depth test when we get all the phones together, but hereís how the specs stack up.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    N9 wins. (to me anyway)

I love WebOS but I love the simplicity of Meego Harmattan interface more, along with the N9's 8 mp camera, 12 mm thickness, polycarbonite back, and curved screen.
    H/P should hire Nokia's camera guy
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    N9
    SGSII
    pre 3 iphone 4
    xperia arc
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Havent seen many MeeGo clips yet but Nokia always produces solid hardware.

Too early to say but I like the user-friendliness in webOS.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    MeeGo would be able to survive if it had built in Dalvik VM for android apps, because the OS is mind-blowing but the problem is the lack of software for it
    My impressions? We'll see if Apple considers them worth the time to sue. Nokia has obviously borrowed as much from the iPhone as Samsung, lol.

Other than this new Nokia phone being incredibly ugly and ripping off as many iPhone design components as what recently got Samsung sued, I didn't see anything new in this article other than some lack of technology comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    My impressions? We'll see if Apple considers them worth the time to sue. Nokia has obviously borrowed as much from the iPhone as Samsung, lol.

Other than this new Nokia phone being incredibly ugly and ripping off as many iPhone design components as what recently got Samsung sued, I didn't see anything new in this article other than some lack of technology comprehension.
    I haven't found similarities between N9 and iPhone.
    I'm planning on getting the Galaxy S2 as long as it's gigantic screen isn't too large.
    Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Every mention of the pre3 seemed filled with disdain. e.g., well its processor its really shocking it isn't dual core, but that's okay because typical pre3 users only want e-mail and web. really? how do you know what a typical user is of a phone that hasn't come out yet? that would be the kind of comment you'd find in a roundup of laptops with a netbook thrown in.

It seems more than a tad biased (for the nokia in particular).
    I followed a Maemo board before the Elopcalypse at Nokia, and it was exactly the same thing - all the Nokia devices were dissed and compared to other manufacturer's "better" devices. I don't think you can find any message board or forum where some vocal people aren't satisfied with the company's current offerings. It might also have something to do with the fact that there is always "hotter" hardware announced when a product hits the market, so you can compare the product to it and call it outdated
    Quote Originally Posted by cainhunpi View Post
    MeeGo would be able to survive if it had built in Dalvik VM for android apps, because the OS is mind-blowing but the problem is the lack of software for it
    It does.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I haven't found similarities between N9 and iPhone.
    It looks like a larger iPod Nano (second generation to me anyways)
    The apps are lined up almost identically as the iPods/iPhone without the dock at the bottom, which is I guess you could call the home screen. The video they have on their website describes it as the first home screen. They try to make it every page like a home screen to increase its beauty blah blah blah. I wont go into it.

Funny how they are advertising swiping though. Though its not quite the same, WebOS users have been doing that since 2009.

MeeGo does look pretty freakin sweet though, i'll admit that.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    It looks like a larger iPod Nano (second generation to me anyways)
    The apps are lined up almost identically as the iPods/iPhone without the dock at the bottom, which is I guess you could call the home screen. The video they have on their website describes it as the first home screen. They try to make it every page like a home screen to increase its beauty blah blah blah. I wont go into it.

Funny how they are advertising swiping though. Though its not quite the same, WebOS users have been doing that since 2009.

MeeGo does look pretty freakin sweet though, i'll admit that.
    No to mention app icons like Phone, Messaging, Settings, etc. are obviously borrowed almost directly from iOS, which was one of Apple's complaints against Samsung.
    Every mention of the pre3 seemed filled with disdain
    Me too...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    No to mention app icons like Phone, Messaging, Settings, etc. are obviously borrowed almost directly from iOS, which was one of Apple's complaints against Samsung.
    Hadn't noticed that but your absolutely right.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    I love the author says the Pre 3's 1.4Ghz processor is "Enough" for webOS users...who really just want to browse the web & do email... LOL... smh...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El