Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker01 View Post
    The Pre3 is going to have a slider with more travel and it might be more loose?
    If that's a problem for you, I pray to god you're not a (mechanical) engineer.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'm torn, too. I have a tablet already, so I'm not sure I truly need a bigger screen on a phone than my Pre-. Also, I'm having a hard time seeing the Pre3 as worth $200 to $250 more than the Veer. To immediately get a webOS phone which kicks the *** of my Pre- for free? I haven't quite been able to pull the trigger and make the jump from Sprint, but man, am I close!
    The Veer is a girl's phone (IMO). Even after owning a tablet put a lot of stock in the size of the phone (the reason I choose the Pre2 - the size). If you've held a Veer and don't care about the size, then go for it. I feel the size between the two is the only "real" difference.

ET
    I would wait until you can play with both the Pre 3 and Veer and see what you like better. Yes, look at the specs comparison to see if the Pre 3 adds a key spec you want: autofocus, zoom, LED flash, HD record, front camera, removable battery, etc.

But in the end, only you can know what will feel best to you.
    [QUOTE=Rennat;3002585]This is a good video that you can hear the snap of the slider. All the hands on takes from everyone who has handled one has said the slider is rock solid.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgjUyf1pWA]YouTube - ‪HP Pre 3: Our Hands-On and First Impressions‬]

Man, that just makes me all the more eager for the Pre 3! Said as Palm guy: HHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #26  
    I don't think I can wait until "Fall" for the Pre3. If there is no word on a release date this month I'll eitherget a Veer 4G or a Status.
    I agree with the posters who say wait....it's not that far off now. Yesterday I moved from Sprint to Verizon in order to lock in unlimited data (today's the last day to do this) and now I'll sit back and wait for the Pre 3 to land then make the switch. I bought a Samsung Fascinate at Best Buy for $49.99 (MSRP of $599.99) and paid $20 more to get their buy-back plan so I have 6 months to trade it in for $300 off the MSRP of the Pre 3. Pretty decent deal really and it lets me lock in the data plan and not sweat when they're finally going to release the Pre 3. Oh, and if you have or know somebody who has an older Verizon phone you could just take that in to BB and do the same thing I did but save the $49.99, but I kinda' wanted to try out an Android device to see what it's like.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

after having used the Veer. I just feel it's a tad bit too small. It's really hard to browse the web, use maps, or even check large image enriched emails. It's not slow nor sluggish but the experience is not pleasant.

Cool texting phone for tiny hands, small email checking.........that's about it. It's not a workhorse.
    Now that i've had a chance to use my Touchpad for a couple of days I'm starting to see the viability of the Veer/TouchPad combo. Me, I work in the field a lot so I prefer the bigger screen of the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    after having used the Veer. I just feel it's a tad bit too small. It's really hard to browse the web, use maps, or even check large image enriched emails. It's not slow nor sluggish but the experience is not pleasant.

Cool texting phone for tiny hands, small email checking.........that's about it. It's not a workhorse.
    Agreed....I tried it out yesterday....made for little hands and skinny fingers!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I have bear paws and fingers the size, texture and color of bavarian Wei▀wurst and I can handle my girlfriend's Veer keyboard like a boss. I actually prefer it to my Pre's keyboard, go figure... and I LIKE the Pre's keyboard.

I think key size is overrated, what's important is how well you can feel separate keys under your fingers and how much tactile feedback you're getting from pressing them. I doubt that the Veer's keyboard is much smaller than an iphones software keyboard, for example; you can just feel it really well.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Deciding between a veer and a pre3 is like deciding between a pony and a unicorn.

At least until HP gets their ***** in gear.
    I played with the veer the other day though and its pretty damn sweet. For such a tiny device. I think HP needs to downplay the cute-ness of it and market it as a compact competitor.
    The Veer is pretty awesome. I can't decide whether I'll get a Pre3 when it comes out or just stick with the Veer. The screen is indeed small but I mostly tweet, take a pic here and there and look up something on the web. Sometimes I use the GPS navigator. When I need more the Veer + FreeTether works like a champ with the TouchPad so I'm not sure why I need a phone so big that it won't comfortably fit in a jeans pocket. If I can get one off-contract at a decent price I may consider it but let's say I'm not gonna be one of the people waiting in line to get a Pre3 on launch day.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    That decision is really easy because you can only get the Veer. If you want a phone now, just get the Veer, you'll probably be happy. When the Pre3 is finally being released you can decide again and maybe sell the Veer on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I agree with the posters who say wait....it's not that far off now.
    We do not know that at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12