1.    #1  
    So even though the rumors are flying full force, it looks as the general herd is heading towards the notion that people with current VZW unlimited smartphone plans will be able to keep them, even with a new phone upgrade.

Sprint switchers though are SOL.

Verizon's new data plans broken down in complete detail | Android Central

-Suntan
    I guess I can keep my unlimited $30 plan even after I upgrade my phone. I hope they don't change their mind end of this year.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    AT&T did it the same way, people can keep their unlimited data if they had it already, as long as they don't change their data plan. Of course, if you switch from a smartphone down to a dumb-phone, you DO lose it, even if you want to switch back later.

Then again, AT&T used to have a plan called Media Max or something, where you got unlimited data+200 text messages and even included tethering for $20, but it was limited to 2G devices and went away when I finally upgraded my phone from a Treo 680 to a Pre Plus. Ah well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Then again, AT&T used to have a plan called Media Max or something, where you got unlimited data+200 text messages and even included tethering for $20, but it was limited to 2G devices and went away when I finally upgraded my phone from a Treo 680 to a Pre Plus. Ah well...
    I've still got this plan with an unlocked Pre2. Works fine on 3G. I have had this plan since before the acquisition of Cingular. It had unlimited text as well until the merger. Also, I don't know if tethering is officially included.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    They'll let you keep it for a time, even after an upgrade, but you know that eventually they'll have devices that they mark as "unqualified" to keep unlimited data to force people on the new tiered plans. So take advantage while you can.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I switched from a sprintpre+ to an evo3d and my plan didn't change at all save the $10 4g data charge. Same for my sisters sprint line. Sprint has the grandfather program. Unless I change my minute plan, my rates remain the same.... for eternity. or until sprint gets bought out.
    Heck... when I got the pre a couple of years ago I still had 1st incoming minute free lol. I had to give that up though to get the unlimited data plan.