Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Consumers have a tendency to trend. In other words, if one person feels this way, it's pretty likely there are others who feel this way too. I happen to be one of them. I'm also in the market for a smartphone, a tablet and/or a laptop. I'm very loyal, but after I've been burned bad enough by a company, I'll never use them again. (Sears boycott 8 years and running, for example)
    And Sears has been struggling ever sense...
  2. macdavepro
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post

Now, AT&T has moved up the upgrade date for those who have a Pre Plus or Pixi Plus and bought it in May or June of last year, so we WILL be able to upgrade without penalty when the Pre 3 comes out. Since this is unusual(upgrade a device after only one year without penalty) for anything other than the iPhone, I have to assume that HP is responsible for this.
    Where are people getting information that AT&T moved upgrade dates up for those who purchased a Pre +? I bought mine in May when it was released and my upgrade date hasn't changed. If I just view the initial upgrade page it says I'm eligible, but when I click the "check eligibility" button it informs me I have to wait several months. I don't really care because I'll buy the Pre 3 either way, but where are you guys finding information like this?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macdavepro View Post
    Where are people getting information that AT&T moved upgrade dates up for those who purchased a Pre +? I bought mine in May when it was released and my upgrade date hasn't changed. If I just view the initial upgrade page it says I'm eligible, but when I click the "check eligibility" button it informs me I have to wait several months. I don't really care because I'll buy the Pre 3 either way, but where are you guys finding information like this?
    When I go to do an upgrade from my Pre Plus(which I ordered on May 17th of last year), if I pick another WebOS based phone, I can get a new Pre Plus for free with a contract renewal, or Veer at normal upgrade price, no penalty. If I try to upgrade my Pre Plus to any other device, it gives me the normal penalty for upgrading early.

So, go to the upgrade, tell it your Pre Plus is the line you want to upgrade, then check out the prices for getting another WebOS phone. My wife, who has an iPhone, does NOT see the Pre Plus as free with a contract renewal, so there is SOMETHING special there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruda6000 View Post
    I'd say that is the making up thing. I guess there are people who will be satisfied only when JR personally brings them a Pre4
    Anyway, we actually have 2.x running on every device there is. Unfortunately it doesn't run very good on some of them, they are just too weak. That's just the way things are, this industry moves fast.
    I posted this on the Palm/HP blog and felt I'd repeat it here.

Palm/HP, I really LOVE your platform and appreciate this gesture, but I have to ask. Not only how does a discount that, A) is on an item that cost 3 times as much as my phone (Pre- that I'm absolutely ready to replace on Sprint) and isn't a phone AND B) expires within one month of announcement, when we've had to wait almost FIVE months from when you announced you "WOULD" make things right.

It is a really nice gesture but personally I think it's a tad misguided in addition to the fact that the only people this will REALLY help are those who were teetering on the idea of buying a TouchPad. Those who were gonna buy one within the first month, for the most part, have already decided to buy one. And those who haven't either don't have the money right now or are awaiting new equipment release. Personally, I gotta save my money for a new phone which I'm hoping will be coming to my network soon. THEN, I will turn my attention to getting a TouchPad.

A final note/observation...those of us who have been early adopters (I'm a Day One Member) and even die hard users (trust me, it's tempting to switch with so many new phones coming out), we have been through the ups and downs (and let-downs), if you really want to stand further behind your early adopters, and are unwilling to make this a rebate towards new phones, please, please simply make this a rebate who doesn't expire for a more considerate time period. June 6th, 2012 (notice that?) or 5 months or anything that's more acceptable than this gesture that appears as nothing more than you trying to boost your first months sales, and not to "do right" by the early adopters.
    vladdddy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowshutter View Post
    we have been through the ups and downs (and let-downs), if you really want to stand further behind your early adopters, and are unwilling to make this a rebate towards new phones, please, please simply make this a rebate who doesn't expire for a more considerate time period. June 6th, 2012 (notice that?) or 5 months or anything that's more acceptable than this gesture that appears as nothing more than you trying to boost your first months sales, and not to "do right" by the early adopters.
    I think HP's move already indicated what they want to do. More positive thing to do, is to write to HP expressing your ideas. Not sure if it will work.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123