1.    #1  
    There was a long discussion about the Pre 3 having beats audio and 2 stereo speakers here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ats-audio.html and at the time I was assuming is was a mistake by HP. But the HP page still says: "Speakers Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio". Which makes me hopeful, but I was looking at the pictures of the Pre 3 here: Skype integration coming to Pre3 with webOS 2.2, expected on AT&T and Verizon in July | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net and I don't even see one speaker or any spraker grill(s), at least nothing that looks like the speaker on my Pre. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    If you look at the bottom of the back of the device you can see a slit for a speaker. The pictures where the back is taken off you can see below the battery is a pretty good size speaker. At least that is what I believe it is because at the top of the device on the back is the other microphone.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Indeed that looks like a speaker on the bottom, and looks as you say quite large- would be almost = to a laptop speaker and I could see having two in there...

Consumers love nice speakers for their fancy ring tones and music

Corporate users love them some good speaker phone- think, a good nuff speakers phone in terms of mic(s) and speaker to set it down on the conferance room rable and work well... that is a very nice thing to have in the business world.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Indeed that looks like a speaker on the bottom, and looks as you say quite large- would be almost = to a laptop speaker and I could see having two in there...

Consumers love nice speakers for their fancy ring tones and music

Corporate users love them some good speaker phone- think, a good nuff speakers phone in terms of mic(s) and speaker to set it down on the conferance room rable and work well... that is a very nice thing to have in the business world.
    I never thought about a nice speaker system being good for corporate speaker phone use, but you're right.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It would be especially important if they want to seriously push the mobile video conferencing
    I remember wanting the HTC Touch Pro before the Pre was announced and webOS rocked my socks off. The great things about the Touch Pro that every review drooled over were the dual noise-cancelling mikes and clear conferencing quality speaker. Looks like the Pre3 will indeed be a top-class business phone with consumer DNA...

Germany is usually one of the last industrialized countries to 'get' new trends, but I've seen more and more people rock Beats headphones. Seems like the brand might in fact be attractive to some people.