Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From all accounts Pre2's GPS was NOT Gimped by Verizon, this is however, in no way a guarantee that verizon won't gimp it in Pre3.

Another thing that bugged me about Verizon was the integration of Skype. They GIMPED a 3rd party app so that phone calls from skype (skype to mobile) go over verizon phone (instead of data) thus taking away any advantage of having unlimited data (or wifi). They were also horrible to deal with when the skype to skype call minutes (not just skype to mobile) started showing up as verizon call minutes (for my brother) on his BB bold. He has Verizon because no other service is any good in his area, he also gets a 20% off on Verizon (so do I btw).

Until Verizon stops mucking around and blocking access to legitimate apps I have no desire to switch. A carrier's past behavior is the only insight you have on how they will continue to behave once we are down to 3 nationwide carriers. I am not hopeful that this will improve.
    I get discounts with Sprint and I can also get the same discount with VZ. AT&T discount for me is much less than VZ and Sprint. I've been crunching the numbers and any way I put the features together, Sprint is still the least expensive (Even with the 10.00 fee for smartphones on Sprint).

This is for a single line. Didn't try it for more than one line. My only let down is that Sprint is still not saying much on WebOS devices and they've gone full on with Android devices.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The cool thing is I get %25 off on any of the networks that I can go with. (SprintPCS, VZW or AT&T) :P

Working for the state does have its uses I guess! I think I might be going back with VZW though. They seem to be better out here in VT out of the 3!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Is it still a win with $30 2GB and $50 4GB tiered data plans??? HAHA! Sprint FTW!
    I'm a bit surprised that so many here did NOT have the easy-to-find and easy-to-apply 25% off Sprint bill discount when making your comparisons to other carriers.

Everyone I know that is on Sprint is getting 25% off; so any switch for them will cost more, even with 25% off another carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Is it still a win with $30 2GB and $50 4GB tiered data plans??? HAHA! Sprint FTW!
    Ugh... Why do Sprint users feel so threatened by a potential switch away from Sprint's services?

This thread should probably be merged with the other switch off Sprint for the Pre3 threads, but anyway, I'd have to agree that the switch to Verizon's new insane data rates seems to be a non-starter for me.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'll never leave sprint. I've been with them since 96 and the call quality has always been top notch. The only problems I've ever had with them involved phones, not service. Usually if I have a problem with a device I can run the customer service reps in circles for about an hour and then I get whatever I want. Now If sprint merged with tMobile and assumed the name tMobile... I'd leave. Simply because I like the prestige that comes with saying Sprint. When I think tMobile I think trailer park and hood rats with their sidekicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek234 View Post
    You must provide your email address ending at the appropriate domain. i.e. johndoe@fbi.gov.

If you are a federal contractor I don't know how you would go about it or if you would even qualify. My agency provides a link to employees where we submit our email address to Verizon through a special web site.

Verizon then sends an email to our work email account with a link to its website that is only valid for 72 hours. Once you click the link it will take you to the Verizon site customized with the prices on everything adjusted 25% down and you shop the site just like anyone else. It also gives you the option to provide your current account info if you are already a Verizon customer.

Here is the link to submit your email address: Set Your Location

I don't know what contractors have, but I suppose you can try yours and see if it applies to you.
    I think you can do the same on AT&T (might also work for state employees), I found the page to enter your work e-mail, we are still under contract for a few more months, so I wasn't going to mess with it until we were closer to being out of contract.

For me it's 15% on ATT, plus they do $25 off new activation or something. Free shipping and up to 25% off selected accessories. Looks like we will be paying right around what we pay right now on Sprint and an old plan that I think is more expensive now.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 06/21/2011 at 11:17 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Everyone I know that is on Sprint is getting 25% off; so any switch for them will cost more, even with 25% off another carrier.
    Okay this is incorrect, there ARE plans on AT&T that are cheaper than Sprint. Take the 25% discount, then if you have phone/internet/tv (some combination) adding the cell plan will get you another discount. Add $10 a line to Sprint, and there are people (regardless of discount) that can save money on other carriers.

I have been a long time Sprint user, but the multitude of people spouting that nobody can beat Sprint haven't compared prices since Sprint added the per line fee to all smartphones. Assuming AT&T plans don't change by the time we are out of our contract, we will be saving money going to AT&T. Once I see pricing on the Pre3 and firm release date, I may pay the ETF to Sprint and just pickup 2 free Veer's if there is any mention of AT&T raising their rates.

I am done with my carrier being able to tack on charges/change contracts due to a "new activation". I will deal with a few more dropped calls to have a SIM card.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm switching real soon now to get grandfathering unlimited data (or at least cross my fingers). Verizon blows away Sprint in coverage around here and even works in the subway. Thanks to this thread I checked and I get 20% across the board (Sprint I get 22% but only on main plan) so it's a no brainer. Hopefully they get Pre3 soon. I'm going in there to activate with my current equipment (a Treo 700p LOL)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12