Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Hmm you should have an option called:
    MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca:80

You have manual settings to ON? Thanks for the Hotspot tip.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes, that's not there. It's already filled for both Internet and MMS APN with the settings from Bell, except that Internet Proxy. MMS proxy is already filled.

Also, I found out last night, Mobile Hotspot does NOT work if you have pda.bell.ca. But if you switch Internet APN to pda2.bell.ca it WILL work.
    So how you liking your Veer so far? Was it worth it to get it brought over from out of country? Do you get apps written for the Veer in the App catalogue?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    pda2 works for me as well when I tether. The mms was a pain in the **** but it finally took hold after a few tries....
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Can you check if you have this line into /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json?
    (should be right after the Verizon line)
    Code:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":302,"mnc":610,"smsEmailGateway":"6245","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl":"http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc","mmscPortNumber":127,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":600,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":127,"mmsMaxVideoSize":300,"mmsVersionNumber":0,"qOperatorLongName":"Bell Mobility","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":307200,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"web.wireless.bell.ca:80","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":1266,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":false,"qOperatorShortName":"Bell Mobility","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":false,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"hspaCategory":[0],"smsWhiteListClass0":[],"settingPriority":0,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs8G9QlvN/Ox7TmcWxhLU9Zb0xBtlcQ1XMWwoMucekMp7+Fd2QbMu3oCEU0OS+wOwF+RxAxrODp+/jyBOIw2Y+d4bHrSoGMS2FTAoZa3P/gnLXVze6bs4uCoCPcfqBMNeK7vgqTwRKQXYAlTMs+HwigK9LLyiUY1rB6FxMzBufry1JReToNd4aGvkZtMHNx+TrIEb/loFpogmrkXsVYpw6QAX7t4e6vRtZjyT+/eiM4zR2F7GhiFuk2t9trSgPEH8x02x1iGmXDil7AXRun0Qtxz8QSN7vk0lNyi0nDTJn3hoQpWRCEXAP+XQo3fNiKEs/eZ02aO12HbAWG8PWz+5Cq7hXhDOMFKSAAyAg0dY6+XwgWphFOnC7DX5xpSHV9ZTcXG0gLMdMzTFAPJUS+yfPmq2cYflcQbrHRGSkQSGvBzDQyDOQ64sDVNxB3yt89lhvBjwMSyJiFuqNDufLgkHyjniCWlZC0xRYzUQ0ZKeaH1PoeCX+qV598jmsZ0OVJs24uoUt/Juy6Jsne/VwJAwRdQ91DMjSC1X913mi+ZLzRIF0XKtkmgSYPlN0NzyxiyJXpYWUvGzX5h+wHBLKyaSpIV8q2odRKlNXRInzj2fyx5zplVqQwEZw/hq2Lz6b3fayg4zjrAXdEiIunokdcK2gHPJhStY0GnD5lNQj/CmaoYwQgN88g/MNEZ9ThDQ2FDq7gpfFYHh9ucC6bwnBd/qACRIDkhPbJx4w2ki6AYi8LpJDe9kqOofDC3pNs8rBNWSOWQKh9AajfXAINCVo3pHoo8gTJxYfW2orc="}
    It is for the SIM enabled info.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Hmm you should have an option called:
    MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca:80

You have manual settings to ON? Thanks for the Hotspot tip.
    Setting's already there when I go into manual. Bell self serve still doesn't work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Setting's already there when I go into manual. Bell self serve still doesn't work.
    The MMS proxy was already put in by default? Looks like Palm put my fix into the 2.1.2 build

Self serve has always been broken for an HSPA Pre/Pre 2, the application probably needs to be fixed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I'm using pda2.bell.ca for my mms and for some strange reason i lose my 3g connection when sending/receiving a mms. Does this happen to anyone else? using pda.bell.ca and the data sessions are not capped...

I'm hoping that bell does carry the pre3, and hopefully fix all the issues we are having with mms and the self serve app, if not i'm not planning on jumping ship so i guess i'll end up living with these issues.
    Set both APN's to pda2.bell.ca, you shouldn't have the data connection dropping out when sending mms then.

W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Set both APN's to pda2.bell.ca, you shouldn't have the data connection dropping out when sending mms then.

is there any technical difference between pda and pda2?
    I have no idea, but pda2.bell.ca allows tethering. I used to have to use inet.bell.ca on my Legend, but it just stopped working, so just stick with pda2.bell.ca.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    The MMS proxy was already put in by default? Looks like Palm put my fix into the 2.1.2 build

Self serve has always been broken for an HSPA Pre/Pre 2, the application probably needs to be fixed.

On an HSPA Pre probably, even going to bell.mobi then Self Serve doesn't work.

As an experiment, I placed my SIM into my old Nokia, then go to bell.mobi.

I guess as long as we find a way to get the phone to browse via web.wireless.bell.ca (not just MMS), then we can get it working.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I use pda.bell.ca on my unlocked Rogers Pre 2, tethering works (with freetether) but no capped sessions so data measures properly (but I'm on unlimited data so doesn't matter). Self-serve doesn't work either which I rather miss.

I hope Bell do get the Pre3 (or any webOS phones) so I can upgrade once my contract is up. I don't want to switch and lose my grandfathered data plan but having paid the full unsubsidized price for the Pre2 I don't want to pay full price for a Pre3 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmason View Post
    I use pda.bell.ca on my unlocked Rogers Pre 2, tethering works (with freetether) but no capped sessions so data measures properly (but I'm on unlimited data so doesn't matter). Self-serve doesn't work either which I rather miss.

I hope Bell do get the Pre3 (or any webOS phones) so I can upgrade once my contract is up. I don't want to switch and lose my grandfathered data plan but having paid the full unsubsidized price for the Pre2 I don't want to pay full price for a Pre3 again.
    Even when your contract is up, i'm sure Bell will advise you with the change. Thing is when you're not in contract, they can change rates and what not at any time with notice.

I have a feeling everyone with the Bell unlimited data will lose it once the contract is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Even when your contract is up, i'm sure Bell will advise you with the change. Thing is when you're not in contract, they can change rates and what not at any time with notice.

I have a feeling everyone with the Bell unlimited data will lose it once the contract is up.
    I'm going to try to renew my plan for another 3 years without upgrading and see if I can still keep the existing plan. Then buy the Pre 3 outright when I have the funds.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

Quite possible, if they do then retentions will need to offer a lot more than my current voice plan + some data. The only reason I'm with Bell on this corporate plan is the data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmason View Post
    Quite possible, if they do then retentions will need to offer a lot more than my current voice plan + some data. The only reason I'm with Bell on this corporate plan is the data plan.
    Ah very true, I had forgotten about the pull some will have with retentions.

There's that route for sure to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I'm going to try to renew my plan for another 3 years without upgrading and see if I can still keep the existing plan. Then buy the Pre 3 outright when I have the funds.
    I think you'll have to go that route. I just can't see Bell picking up the Pre 3. I think it will land on Rogers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12