Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. 9520G's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
       #1  
    One thing I do have to say is that sprint customer service is pretty good. I wrote to the Dan email adress and a few minutes later they sent me an auto response ssaying they will be contacting me shortly. That was last night I got a call from "Dan's Personal assistant"this morning. We Spoke for a while and he also emailed me right after, The email states basiclly what we discussed over the telephone. So its not looking good for us right now. Looks like I might have to switch providers soon.

    Email I sent:



    Response:
    Last edited by 9520G; 06/17/2011 at 06:37 PM.
  2. Xadion's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    #2  
    update your java yo
  3. blaidan's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    update your java yo
    Made me lol!
  4. 9520G's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
       #4  
    Lol I know its been due for an update for a looong time.
  5. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #5  
    yeah, this is crazy -=\ i dont want to leave sprint but they are backing me into a corner ...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  6. #6  
    All we need from HP is an answer. Yes or no doesn't matter, just tell us something.
  7. 9520G's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
       #7  
    Yes my contract is do for renewal so I would like to know where to take my bussiness next. One thing is for sure wherever it is I will have a pre 3.
  8. #8  
    There really isn't anything new here. They're neither confirming nor denying that Sprint will get the Pre3, the same as they have done with many others.

    Off-topic: You really should update Java. In addition, you should remove all older versions unless you have a really, really good reason to keep them around. Malicious applets can call specific older builds to take advantage of known vulnerabilities.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    All we need from HP is an answer. Yes or no doesn't matter, just tell us something.
    I disagree, we need an answer from Sprint. HP shouldn't have to be speaking for Sprint.
  10. 9520G's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    There really isn't anything new here. They're neither confirming nor denying that Sprint will get the Pre3, the same as they have done with many others.


    I understand that but what I get from this is that I doubt sprint will have the pre 3 this summer.
  11. #11  
    Guys, HP reps that I talk to (they go into retail stores) say that there is no sprint version of the Pre 3 because all that sprint wants right now from high end devices are 4G devices, they want to expand their WiMax assortment to get 4G rolling out faster. HP currently has no interest in building a 4G WiMax capable phone, or so the reps say. Sprint is awesome, but it's not looking good folks.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Guys, HP reps that I talk to (they go into retail stores) say that there is no sprint version of the Pre 3 because all that sprint wants right now from high end devices are 4G devices, they want to expand their WiMax assortment to get 4G rolling out faster. HP currently has no interest in building a 4G WiMax capable phone, or so the reps say. Sprint is awesome, but it's not looking good folks.
    I have heard the same on several instances, so Pre3 on Verizon and ATT only - no Sprint. Sorry fellas.
  13. 9520G's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
       #13  
    Jave has been updated!
  14. #14  
    pics or it didn't happen
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    pics or it didn't happen
    hahahahaha!!!! I love it!
  16. #16  
    The whole 4g only on sprint thing sounds really plausible to me.

    I emailed Dan, and my response was pretty close to the above, although the girl did add that they were receiving a lot of requests for webos phones, and that she would forward the request along... fwiw.
  17. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #17  
    Well then, HP, make a webOS phone for 4G!!!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  18. #18  
    They are making "4G" phones. The Veer is one. The Pre3 is one. They're HSPA+ devices, which is just as 4G or not-4G as WiMAX. HSPA+ reaches the same speeds as WiMAX, uses drastically less battery, gives you a quicker connection even if you are moving, and is able to be handled by a SoC while WiMAX needs a separate chip.

    It just seems like HP isn't interested in WiMAX. I can understand that since I'm not interested in it either. The only reason one could possibly have to be interested in WiMAX is if you have to be on Sprint, because Sprint is dead-set on pushing WiMAX.

    Meanwhile, the entire world is moving to GSM-evolution platforms like HSPA+ and LTE. Not surprisingly, HP is more interested in capturing the 95% of the global market that won't ever use WiMAX than they are in pandering to the 5% that have a chance of ever using it.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  19. #19  
    Apparently Sprint isn't so dead set on WIMAX, as they just announced a multi-billion dollar deal to build an LTE network. This would seem to give HP even less reason to build a WIMAX phone. Anyone ever notice a similarity in decision making between Sprint and old Palm?
  20. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Apparently Sprint isn't so dead set on WIMAX, as they just announced a multi-billion dollar deal to build an LTE network. This would seem to give HP even less reason to build a WIMAX phone. Anyone ever notice a similarity in decision making between Sprint and old Palm?
    I've read/heard about that as well. I believe, from the people that I know @ Sprint, and other casual acquaitances, that it is Sprint's intention to be FULLY 4g within the next year or two. That does not necessairly mean WiMax.

    My personal opinion on the whole Palm Pre/HP WebOS thing with Sprint is that they are not interested in being the "early adopters" this time around. Right or wrong, for better or worse, my feeling is that Sprint wants to see what kind of effort HP will put forth in promoting WebOS devices, and how well they are received in the market before diving back in. I don't necessarily blame them. It's not like Sprint was shown much love by Palm after putting a great deal behind the original Pre (bad commercails and all). I think Sprint would prefer to offer the next version of HP's WebOS phones. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm certainly not going to jump off the Sprint boat to be an early adopter again. I hink I'll just wait and see how this one plays out.
    KevMeister likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions