Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    The guys name is Vortorian?? Sounds like a bot!
    If Sprint doesn't want to be the early adopters why not move the Pre2 from Verizon to Sprint when Verizon gets the Pre3? Shouldn't be that big of a problem for HP.

Sprint sells tons of phones that they don't advertise at all. Why not one more that us Pre- users could upgrade to.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I guess I'm staying on Sprint with my FrankenPRE 2. I will wait until october to see if there any sign of WEBOS life before jumping ship since my Pre2 is in pretty godd condition....I already have Verizon FIOS and Home Phone bundled...might as well get Mobile too if Sprint becomes WEBOSLESS.
    i also emailed dan. no reply yet. but i'm not sure if i'll get one. lol. i pretty much said what the OP said except i was really frustrated at the time and after re-reading realized i sounded like a ******. lol.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I emailed a while ago, but decided to send another message:

"I am a long-time Sprint customer, and have been a webOS fan since getting my Palm Pre on launch day, 2009. I am really hoping that Sprint will do the right thing by your many original Pre customers by finally providing the ultimate update, the Pre 3. I respect your loyalty to Android, but webOS has many better attributes and superior functionality. You may also appreciate that HP is investing well in the OS, and it has a very bright future as a result. Please let us know that you will carry the Pre 3, or another fine webOS phone soon!

Thanks for your attention,
    David M
    xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Hope springs eternal!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I emailed a while ago, but decided to send another message:

"I am a long-time Sprint customer, and have been a webOS fan since getting my Palm Pre on launch day, 2009. I am really hoping that Sprint will do the right thing by your many original Pre customers by finally providing the ultimate update, the Pre 3. I respect your loyalty to Android, but webOS has many better attributes and superior functionality. You may also appreciate that HP is investing well in the OS, and it has a very bright future as a result. Please let us know that you will carry the Pre 3, or another fine webOS phone soon!

Thanks for your attention,
    David M
    xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Hope springs eternal!
    Don't forget that this could very well backfire though....

While we can only speculate, Sprint has the exact numbers of "original Pre customers" and the exact number that have defected to other devices and what type of devices. The Android Central forums are rife with Pre- users who have moved on.

The also know the exact number of users who are hanging onto their Pre-'s. Whether those people are hanging on in order to wait until their next upgrade to migrate to Android or waiting for a webOS phone would be speculation on their part.
    It doesn't look good for you folks on sprint. I feel bad for you all, its time you guys and gals move on mentally and physically from hoping that sprint will get the pre 3. I hope this shoddy treatment of you folks bite them in the *** soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Guys, HP reps that I talk to (they go into retail stores) say that there is no sprint version of the Pre 3 because all that sprint wants right now from high end devices are 4G devices, they want to expand their WiMax assortment to get 4G rolling out faster. HP currently has no interest in building a 4G WiMax capable phone, or so the reps say. Sprint is awesome, but it's not looking good folks.
    Sprint is abandoning WiMax. I can't see why they'd want to expand their WiMax devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    If Sprint doesn't want to be the early adopters why not move the Pre2 from Verizon to Sprint when Verizon gets the Pre3? Shouldn't be that big of a problem for HP.

Sprint sells tons of phones that they don't advertise at all. Why not one more that us Pre- users could upgrade to.
    I like this idea and would do it!
    Is there any value in contacting them again? I've already contacted them once a month and a half ago and gotten a similar response. I want to be vocal without being detrimental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Don't forget that this could very well backfire though....

While we can only speculate, Sprint has the exact numbers of "original Pre customers" and the exact number that have defected to other devices and what type of devices. The Android Central forums are rife with Pre- users who have moved on...
    What about exact numbers of Sprint Pixi users? I still have my original Sprint Pixi from November 2009.
    Throw me a life preserver 'cuz I'm jumping to wherever the Pre 3 lands!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Throw me a life preserver 'cuz I'm jumping to wherever the Pre 3 lands!
    Ordered Veer's yesterday... should be here by the 5th, if our trial with them (and ATT) goes well we will keep at least 1, maybe both. If a Veer gets returned either me or the Wife will be rocking an iPhone 3G until Pre 3 comes out. I am done with carrier control of my devices, HERRO GSM!

Had a long time and good experience with Sprint, would have stayed but the new fees have made AT&T cheaper since we can build the plan we need.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12