Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree6Likes
    If Sprint does not carry a WEBOS device then I guess DROID here we come. The unlimited plans of Sprint are un-beatable. I think it takes 2 to tango and HP has the resources and power to make an offer that Sprint or anyone else, for that matter, cannot refuse.
    HP should make a deal so the vast majority of original PRE users will be serve.
    HP has not even allowed updates on the original PRE Öwhatís up with that.
    March 2012 is my update date and if WEBOS is not an option so be it. I will try DROID and then two years from them am I sure they will be plenty WEBOS devices to choose from if they are still around.
    I refuse to pay more money for lesser service. Letís face it people I have been with PALM for a long time maybe this is an opportunity to try something new. There are lots of people using DROID, and they are able to do what they want with DROID OS.
    Thatís my two cents worth.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    If Sprint does not carry a WEBOS device then I guess DROID here we come. The unlimited plans of Sprint are un-beatable. I think it takes 2 to tango and HP has the resources and power to make an offer that Sprint or anyone else, for that matter, cannot refuse.
    HP should make a deal so the vast majority of original PRE users will be serve.
    HP has not even allowed updates on the original PRE Öwhatís up with that.
    March 2012 is my update date and if WEBOS is not an option so be it. I will try DROID and then two years from them am I sure they will be plenty WEBOS devices to choose from if they are still around.
    I refuse to pay more money for lesser service. Letís face it people I have been with PALM for a long time maybe this is an opportunity to try something new. There are lots of people using DROID, and they are able to do what they want with DROID OS.
    Thatís my two cents worth.
    You have it completely backwards, Sprint is the one holding back updates for the Pre, not HP. HP released the update for O2 in Europe because O2 signed off on it, and as such, Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T are the ones at fault here, NOT HP.

It was also within Sprints power to push to get the Pre Plus and work out a deal since the original Pre DID have low build quality, but Sprint just didn't do that for whatever reason. If I were Sprint, I would have really pushed for a trade for the stock of original Palm Pre phones and gotten a replacement of Pre Plus devices, or some other compensation for all the problems, but again, Sprint didn't do that.

When you feel wronged, some people will whine about it to people with no power to do anything, others will confront the person who wronged them, and others will seek legal action to make sure that the wrong is "righted". In this case, Sprint seems like a company that just complained, but never really pushed for corrective action by Palm or now, HP. This also explains why Sprint is in third place here in the USA, because they need management with enough balls to grow the company, not just seeking to hit a break-even point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    You have it completely backwards, Sprint is the one holding back updates for the Pre, not HP. HP released the update for O2 in Europe because O2 signed off on it, and as such, Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T are the ones at fault here, NOT HP.

It was also within Sprints power to push to get the Pre Plus and work out a deal since the original Pre DID have low build quality, but Sprint just didn't do that for whatever reason. If I were Sprint, I would have really pushed for a trade for the stock of original Palm Pre phones and gotten a replacement of Pre Plus devices, or some other compensation for all the problems, but again, Sprint didn't do that.

When you feel wronged, some people will whine about it to people with no power to do anything, others will confront the person who wronged them, and others will seek legal action to make sure that the wrong is "righted". In this case, Sprint seems like a company that just complained, but never really pushed for corrective action by Palm or now, HP. This also explains why Sprint is in third place here in the USA, because they need management with enough balls to grow the company, not just seeking to hit a break-even point.

I am not willing to give up unlimited data for OS Öso if WEBOS is not available I will go to DROID and hopefully after two more years WEBOS will be available. If not so be it. I have plenty of friends who have other OS (ie DROID) and are able to do what I am able to do and then some. It is a shame but my pocket comes first I work hard for my money.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567