Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I think it may actually be a combination of both. HP saw what a **** job Sprint did with the Pre- launch and decided to offer an exclusive to Verizon this time...
    You mean because Verizon did such an excellent job with their Pre+ launch? And then did amazing again with the Pre2 launch?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    You mean because Verizon did such an excellent job with their Pre+ launch? And then did amazing again with the Pre2 launch?
    to be fair even Palm/HP didn't throw a lot of support behind the Pre 2.
    how is it that some people here come to the conclusion that sprint messed up the Pre- launch? they weren't the ones that built a phone with cheap headphone jacks and the ability to twist like an oreo cookie. They weren't the ones who had ads running with a pale faced lifeless looking lady. as a matter of fact, the original pre was sprints best selling phone ever until the Evo came along.

so tell me what did sprint do wrong? because i fail to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    how is it that some people here come to the conclusion that sprint messed up the Pre- launch? they weren't the ones that built a phone with cheap headphone jacks and the ability to twist like an oreo cookie. They weren't the ones who had ads running with a pale faced lifeless looking lady. as a matter of fact, the original pre was sprints best selling phone ever until the Evo came along.

so tell me what did sprint do wrong? because i fail to see it.
    +1 well said
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    At this point I don't care if it's a Pre 3, a slab "Pre 4" or whatever. I just want HP to come out and say "We won't leave Sprint users out in the cold." if something on Sprint is indeed going to happen.

Of course, they won't, but hey. Would be nice.

HP comes in to Sprint HQ, makes their device pitch. The final decision is on Sprint, not HP. Sprint has the final say whether or not they will carry a Pre3, Pre4 or any other device.

It's not up to HP. It's up to Sprint. If Sprint doesn't want to carry an HP device, HP can do nothing about it (other than buy Sprint).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You hit the nail right on the proverbial noggin. "HP should buy Sprint" :.)
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    You hit the nail right on the proverbial noggin. "HP should buy Sprint" :.)
    GENIUS! Then HP could out Apple, Apple. They'd control the software, the hardware, and the pesky carrier!

lol
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    to be fair even Palm/HP didn't throw a lot of support behind the Pre 2.
    Well, that was a pretty unique situation. The Pre2 was designed by Palm, but wasn't rolled out until there were takeover rumors (possibly even after the acquisition happened?) This is not an optimal situation for a product roll-out, and it's hard to find analogues with iOS or Android..
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    HP comes in to Sprint HQ, makes their device pitch. The final decision is on Sprint, not HP. Sprint has the final say whether or not they will carry a Pre3, Pre4 or any other device.

It's not up to HP. It's up to Sprint. If Sprint doesn't want to carry an HP device, HP can do nothing about it (other than buy Sprint).
    This is the most logical next step. HP buys Sprint. Win-Win.

Although there may be some fairly significant legal hurdles involved. And Sprint has already sunk lots of cash into contracts with Android builders. But other than that! =)

More clever folks than me would have better opinions on this, but as a dilletante, I'd have to say that the logical conclusion of HP's "ecosystem" vision is them owning a carrier. And Sprint is prolly the best candidate..
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    That is ridiculous, no offense. But it makes no sense for them to own a carrier, especially the number 3 carrier in the US. This would be a horrible approach for a GLOBAL corporation.

I am really thinking this whole Sprint Pre 3 stuff has gotten to peoples heads. Sprint represent such a small market in the global cell phone business, not to mention global computing.

As always, this being sent from a long time Palm and Sprint customer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    I find it funny that we all clamored for the pre 2 on sprint. Then we clamored for the pre 3. And now were at pre 4.

I think we should all go into rehab or something.

You guys do realize that every RUMOR here on in has been false for the pre <insert number here>... if the pre 3 was located in a cattle grinder as a rumor, I bet everyone would follow in there like sheep :-p
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Why would sheep be in a cattle grinder?
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    The next HP phone (After the Pre3) will not have 3D. Mark my words.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Why would sheep be in a cattle grinder?
    The point exactly. Sheep following mindlessly.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That is ridiculous, no offense. But it makes no sense for them to own a carrier, especially the number 3 carrier in the US. This would be a horrible approach for a GLOBAL corporation.

I am really thinking this whole Sprint Pre 3 stuff has gotten to peoples heads. Sprint represent such a small market in the global cell phone business, not to mention global computing.

As always, this being sent from a long time Palm and Sprint customer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I agree with you, it wouldn't make sense for HP to own a carrier.

However, I could see HP becoming an MVNO, here and abroad. This way they can offer pre-paid services on laptops and tablets and even on cellphones. They can differentiate themselves from the carrier by offering data only plans on cellphones (like the carriers use to do with Blackberries). Not many people have a need for minutes now, which is the bulk of the cost of a phone plan. Heck, if HP actually did that, they would be game-changer!

- But they won't!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Well as of last week HP has a year to win me back. So I'm no longer concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    Found this article to be interesting...

Mysterious Sprint Exclusive HP Phone has 3D Capabilities? [Rumor] | webOSroundup

-WebOS Sprint Phone
    -4G
    -3D
    -Virtual Keyboard
    -Front/Rear Camera
    -Slab Phone
    -SD Card Slot

Coming August 15th, 2011

Of course this is all rumor...take it with a grain of salt but it could be the reason we've heard NOTHING from Sprint
    I have expected something like this. I think Sprint has no faith in the PrPrPr $brand$ $and$ $will$ $jump$ $to$ $the$ $next$ $HP$ $phone$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $a$ $Pre$. $But$ $that$ $phone$ $being$ $3D$ $is$ $something$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $anyone$ $saw$ $coming$.

Assuming its true.
    I guess i can wait to see if this pans out since i have Pre2 coming to my house by Friday to convert my pre- to a framkenPre2.
    baaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    So sad, I will be going to Verizon

1) 3d is stupid
    2) I want a keyboard and a verticle one at that.

so... thats why I love the Pre3 its the perfect form factor for me- I love the verticle slider and the pre is "workable" keyboard and screen size- so the pre 3 will only be better as its on both, somewhat bigger.

Sorry sprint I dont want another slab phone...even if its webos... keyboard = me
    You are singing my song. I need a big screen and a PHYSICAL keyboard, preferably vertically-oriented. I am not trying to have a pseudo-3D anything in my life, really.
    Prē
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast