Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    They DID learn the first time how stupid an exclusive is, which is why the Pre3 is apparently going to land at the two biggest carriers in the US.
    After the FCC approves the AT&T/T-Mobile merger and VZ buys what's left of Sprint,there will only be two carriers;so,those of us on Sprint might as well go ahead and pick which of the final two carriers we want to be on. Oh yeah,we might want to buy some Vaseline/Ky Jelly stock too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I wonder why they would not do one of:

A) "We will have a demo unit in the store. If you want one (and sign on the dotted line), we will order it and have it delivered the next day."

B) "If you order a CDMA version from HP...we will honor its ESN and provision your phone onto the network"

In each case, Sprint would risk ZERO up front money. If it only retains 1000 customers, that is 1000 customers retained. AND, no one would HAVE to leave Sprint to get the phone. They would not alienate a group of customers and leave them hanging with NO comment or anything.
    Good Point!!! If each of those 1000 customers paid $1000 dollars a year on phone service (about $83 a month), then thats $1,000,000 dollars in revenue right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    After the FCC approves the AT&T/T-Mobile merger and VZ buys what's left of Sprint,there will only be two carriers;so,those of us on Sprint might as well go ahead and pick which of the final two carriers we want to be on.
    If the merger is approved. It's still far from a done deal, with a lot of resistance in Congress and among the states as well as a lot of questions coming from the FTC and the DOJ. I don't know for certain that Verizon would be allowed to buy Sprint either way.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If Sprint does have something in store from HP, its going to be too late for me. Of course there is always next year. As for me I'm picking up a evo3d and selling my Spring Pre plus
    What if the announced a bluetooth KB phone case, or maybe using the touch to share coil, that would be cool and it would satisfy everyone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyCulbertson View Post
    What if the announced a bluetooth KB phone case, or maybe using the touch to share coil, that would be cool and it would satisfy everyone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Yeah don't think a slab with a funky case would satisfy everyone. At least not me...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Wondering where the release my pre guy is when we need him. PAAAALLLLMMMM!! HHHPPPPPPPPPP!!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    If the rumored device does not happen, what are the chances that HP will release an unlocked version of the (CDMA) Pre3?
    Sprint's not getting crap. If you want a Pre3 badly, you're gonna have to jump ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Sprint's not getting crap. If you want a Pre3 badly, you're gonna have to jump ship.
    True, that...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    True, that...
    x3 .... Hello ATT, BTW I am slightly tempted to go get Pre 2's right now on VZW because of the sale.... BUT I really wanna go to GSM at this point.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcstunr View Post
    If Sprint does have something in store from HP, its going to be too late for me. Of course there is always next year. As for me I'm picking up a evo3d and selling my Spring Pre plus
    Yeah me too. Selling my VZW Pre 2 or selling it as a Sprint Pre 2.
    just call it the Stingray and release it already!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Spoke with HP today. Said I'd like to get a Touchpad but only if WebOs will be on Sprint.

Agent (): "Hi, I understand that you are checking the purchase a Palm Pre 3 on Sprint carrier. Right?"

06/27/2011 04:31:04PM xxxx: "yes, I would like to buy a touchpad as well, but need to know I can get the Pre 3 on sprint as that is my carrier."

06/27/2011 04:31:30PM Agent (): "It's a pleasure to assist you. Your choice of HP products is highly appreciated. For all your computing and printing concerns, HP provides you with the latest in technology complemented with accessories that keeps you updated."

06/27/2011 04:31:47PM xxxx: "wonderful"

06/27/2011 04:32:22PM Agent (): "Let me verify for the Palm Pre 3 with Sprint plan. Please hold for two minutes."

06/27/2011 04:32:33PM xxxx: "ty"

06/27/2011 04:35:13PM Agent (): "Thank you for your patience."

06/27/2011 04:35:19PM xxxx: "yw"

06/27/2011 04:35:52PM Agent ():[B] "The Palm Pre 3 is still to be launched anytime soon, and some models will carry Sprint plan. Please check our website next month when it will be available."
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    some models? probably confusing a touchpad which we know is coming to sprint?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    They called it a Palm? They have gone pretty far to evicerate that brand name, I wouldn't think they would use it in a customer support call.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    At this point I don't care if it's a Pre 3, a slab "Pre 4" or whatever. I just want HP to come out and say "We won't leave Sprint users out in the cold." if something on Sprint is indeed going to happen.

Of course, they won't, but hey. Would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    We won't leave Sprint users out in the cold."
    Hi, I have a question:

Have we established that we know if it is HP & webOS leaving Sprint in the cold

Or

is it Sprint leaving HP & webOS in the cold?

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, I have a question:

Have we established that we know if it is HP & webOS leaving Sprint in the cold

Or

is it Sprint leaving HP & webOS in the cold?

take care,

Jay
    I think it may actually be a combination of both. HP saw what a **** job Sprint did with the Pre- launch and decided to offer an exclusive to Verizon this time...and Sprint got burned so bad by the poor build quality they didn't put up any fuss about Verizon getting the deal instead of them. According to the owner at my favorite Sprint store (I bought my Pre- on launch day -10 minutes) they will get the Pre 3 in January, but I'm not waiting. Verizon, here I come!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Sprint decides in the end what they will and will not carry, but the blame is with both HP and Sprint IMO.

If Sprint doesn't want HP phones it's up to HP to convince Sprint that they're worth it.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast