Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    They DID learn the first time how stupid an exclusive is, which is why the Pre3 is apparently going to land at the two biggest carriers in the US.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    So far being a Sprint user I have missed out on SOOOO many WebOS devices! Sprint/Palm has done us wrong. No matter who is at fault for it it doesnt matter to the end user.

Pixi/Pre+
    Pre2
    The Veer 4G (Even if it is the fake 4G!)
    Now the Pre 3! (More than likely)

So even if we are getting a slab phone on Sprint why are we missing out on the Pre3? They should offer both! Its not like its that hard to understand. Some people want a real KB and others want a slab. Plus HP/Palm didn't learn the first time about how stupid an exclusive is...So I am calling BS on this rumor. Even more so if they don't release the Pre3...Why? if Sprint does not get the Pre3 then it wont sell. All of the WebOS users will by then began jumping ship. In Sprint we live in a world that and currently Android and I don't see this changing anytime soon....
    No one has done you a wrong. Sprint has jumped into Android with both feet and as a Sprint fan you must take that into consideration. If you want to stay on Sprint then you'll get an Android phone and be happy. If you want a webOS phone then you will have two other networks to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    No one has done you a wrong. Sprint has jumped into Android with both feet and as a Sprint fan you must take that into consideration. If you want to stay on Sprint then you'll get an Android phone and be happy. If you want a webOS phone then you will have two other networks to choose from.
    They haven't completely gone with android. They sell WP7 devices, so there is still some hope for a WebOS device to finally come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    3D really isn't as popular as some people might think. 3D TV's still sell far less than traditional televisions and even Nintendo is failing to see the 3DS sales they were hoping for. The biggest issue for glasses free displays is that you have to be looking at it at a very specific angle or you wont see it. This makes the technology a bit difficult to sell to consumers and even more difficult for people to deal with the fact they will have to keep their phone at a certain position if they want to experience 3D. Glasses free displays also strain the battery much more as the power requirements to run them are much higher.

Then there is the whole fact that it's a tough sell to convince developers to create 3D enabled apps when only one model phone would even support it.
    xkcd: Headache
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have mentioned before I work for a mobile phone company ( sub of Motorola) and we have relationships with AT&T-Sprint-Verizon and I have said it many times. Sprint is all in on ANdroid and unless something changes they will push that. Also mentioned before that AT&T really want to get WEBOS going as they lose exclusivity on the iphone. From what I can tell talking to them SPrint will not get a WEBOS phone now BUT they might carry one in the future, IF webos becomes a success they will jump all over it just like they want the Iphone. Sprint users have to hope WEBOS is a success on Verizon and AT&T. might be a few years but if it is successful you will see a webos phone on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I don't really care about 3d, as long as you can turn it off and on like the EVO 3D I'd be perfectly happy to buy this form factor with webOs on Sprint. Well if this mythical device even existed and were actually released.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Ok, this is all speculation, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 3D is stupid on a phone. Frankly, I think its a distraction, not an enhancement to movies either at a commercial or home theater as well.

If they get technology to the point where I can click on an object in FRONT of my screen, then there MAY be real world application to this technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Ok, this is all speculation, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 3D is stupid on a phone.
    x2.
    Count me in. I have zero interest in 3d. Seems silly in a phone.
    If the phone exists, than just flip the 3D switch to the OFF position.. Sheesh

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i love my personal keyboard even on my pre-, but i just want a newer device with better operating specs, and as much as i would like a physical keyboard for sprint, i think i can get used to a VK... a new device is a new device, and if sprint gets the first slab phone, that just shows that they're going to b getting more, and we could only assume that a physical KB phone will b right around the corner... im just excited we're starting to hear rumors about sprint getting devices and not ATT or Vz, and with the recent news of bloomsburg reporting that sprint will be setting up an extremely large LTE network over the next 5-10 years, it only makes me MORE excited to think of the phones that will come...
    Hi,

I'm so sorry to disagree with you...but I can't assume anything when it comes to Sprint....they have thumbed their nose at now thousands of emails, snail mail and phone calls about the carrying the Pre3 or in fact carrying any HP device.....

For G-d's sake they can't ____ or get off the pot about anything!
    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Sprint more than likely won't carry the Pre 3. They had an old following of users for the Pre. Sprint ditched and got Android. This is why I will be moving on. I still have a Pre-...i don't see why HP won't tell us yet...the phone is coming out anytime now it seems. I'd like to plan when I'm leaving Sprint.
    Sprint more than likely won't carry the Pre 3. They had an old following of users for the Pre. Sprint ditched and got Android. This is why I will be moving on. I still have a Pre-...i don't see why HP won't tell us yet...the phone is coming out anytime now it seems. I'd like to plan when I'm leaving Sprint.
    Most likely HP doesn't want to burn any bridges. This is why I keep saying it's a Sprint decision. Not announcing if there is nothing to announce benefits Sprint short term, HP wants their devices in as many hands as possible so they don't want to burn any future potential with Sprint.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    So far being a Sprint user I have missed out on SOOOO many WebOS devices! Sprint/Palm has done us wrong. No matter who is at fault for it it doesnt matter to the end user.

Pixi/Pre+
    Pre2
    The Veer 4G (Even if it is the fake 4G!)
    Now the Pre 3! (More than likely)

So even if we are getting a slab phone on Sprint why are we missing out on the Pre3? They should offer both! Its not like its that hard to understand. Some people want a real KB and others want a slab. Plus HP/Palm didn't learn the first time about how stupid an exclusive is...So I am calling BS on this rumor. Even more so if they don't release the Pre3...Why? if Sprint does not get the Pre3 then it wont sell. All of the WebOS users will by then began jumping ship. In Sprint we live in a world that and currently Android and I don't see this changing anytime soon....
    Why? Because if Sprint offers a new phone, they'll *have* to do the usual discounts for customers buying the new phone (e.g. $199 for new customers). That costs Sprint money up front. It also means, they have to purchase a bunch of the phones before hand, all of which might not sell.

In other words, HP/Palm does NOT say to Sprint, "You can have a bunch of our phones and just pay us after people buy them from you and haven't returned them in the first 30 days. Till then, we'll cover the cost." Instead, Sprint has to cover the cost up front. If someone returns a phone, Sprint would ask HP for the money back, not vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Why? Because if Sprint offers a new phone, they'll *have* to do the usual discounts for customers buying the new phone (e.g. $199 for new customers). That costs Sprint money up front. It also means, they have to purchase a bunch of the phones before hand, all of which might not sell.

In other words, HP/Palm does NOT say to Sprint, "You can have a bunch of our phones and just pay us after people buy them from you and haven't returned them in the first 30 days. Till then, we'll cover the cost." Instead, Sprint has to cover the cost up front. If someone returns a phone, Sprint would ask HP for the money back, not vice-versa.
    Hi either that or Sprint said to HP, we found that slab phones are selling better and we want only a slab phone????

We may never know the really reason...take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I don't get Sprint. They would chose to get the Kyocera Echo, a phone that I'm sure has been a complete flop (I have yet to see one in the wild); yet they don't want to pick up the Pre 3?
    I wonder why they would not do one of:

A) "We will have a demo unit in the store. If you want one (and sign on the dotted line), we will order it and have it delivered the next day."

B) "If you order a CDMA version from HP...we will honor its ESN and provision your phone onto the network"

In each case, Sprint would risk ZERO up front money. If it only retains 1000 customers, that is 1000 customers retained. AND, no one would HAVE to leave Sprint to get the phone. They would not alienate a group of customers and leave them hanging with NO comment or anything.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

B) "If you order a CDMA version from HP...we will honor its ESN and provision your phone onto the network"
    This makes the most sense to me. If Sprint doesn't want to take the risk of carrying the Pre3 (as strange as that is giving their previously mentioned decision to carry the Echo), then don't sell it. Let the Best Buys and Amazons and Radio Shacks sell it. Just let us activate it on your network please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

A) "We will have a demo unit in the store. If you want one (and sign on the dotted line), we will order it and have it delivered the next day."

In each case, Sprint would risk ZERO up front money. If it only retains 1000 customers, that is 1000 customers retained. AND, no one would HAVE to leave Sprint to get the phone. They would not alienate a group of customers and leave them hanging with NO comment or anything.

I can tell you why they won't do B... because it is outside of the American cellulars business model. They want you to buy subsidized phones so you are locked into a contract.

As for A, it could be that HP doesn't want to do that deal. They want a commitment from their carriers that they are going to push the phones to everyone. A ends up only catering to those that know what they want and have the patience to wait (I would say this is not the majority of the American consumer in the cellular marketplace).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast