Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by harry69 View Post
    I hope this is not true if so this is going to be a fail
    I dont think a 3D Pre4 would be a fail. Sure, alot of the faithful Pre users want the same form factor, but the rest of the world wants slab phones...and putting 3D gives HP a chance to gain some "buzz" with the casuals out there.

It is not my ideal phone, but i will take webOS anyway i can since I am not leaving Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i really, really, really want a sexy webOS slab phone. i wish it would come to AT&T but if i have to switch to Sprint to get it then bye-bye AT&T! i can care less about 3D though. in fact i hope its not 3D.
    "i really, really, really want a sexy webOS slab phone."

HUH????

" i wish it would come to AT&T but if i have to switch to Sprint to get it then bye-bye AT&T!"

Again HUH???? Is that like 'I really would hate to have the phone I want and be able to make calls and pay less.'???
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    +1 7" Tablet.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I honestly hope they don't call it the Pre 4 lol
    They won't. It will be the HP Pre4D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    "i really, really, really want a sexy webOS slab phone."

HUH????
    not that hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    " i wish it would come to AT&T but if i have to switch to Sprint to get it then bye-bye AT&T!"

Again HUH???? Is that like 'I really would hate to have the phone I want and be able to make calls and pay less.'???
    is 'huh' your favorite word? i don't want to switch to Sprint since i've been with AT&T for quite awhile and would hate to have to switch for a phone, but i'd do it if the slab came to Sprint. got it now? HUH?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I hear the phone will cure cancer and end world hunger. This sounds like a beyond far fetched rumors to generate hits for their website.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Gotta keep moving those goalposts.

Eventually one of them has to be right, eh?

So far we've had:

Pre+
    Pixi+
    Pre 2
    Veer
    Pre 3

What's next?
    just sad...............................................
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Gotta keep moving those goalposts.

Eventually one of them has to be right, eh?

So far we've had:

Pre+
    Pixi+
    Pre 2
    Veer
    Pre 3

What's next?
    They have two more names registered for smartphones aren't being used yet:

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...myte-gyst.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have no desire for a slab phone, esp with "4G" wimax which is completely non-existent in AZ. I was and still am enamored of the portrait slider. My hope is that after the rumored slab exclusive baits all the eager beavers into upgrading the Pre3 will come to Sprint. I get slightly more disenchanted every time I read a "2.x" related article on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    not that hard to comprehend.

is 'huh' your favorite word? i don't want to switch to Sprint since i've been with AT&T for quite awhile and would hate to have to switch for a phone, but i'd do it if the slab came to Sprint. got it now? HUH?
    Ok, so maybe I don't get the Virtual keyboard thing. I feel as though it is touchscreen overkill and very much ineloquent. But I suppose this is just an opinion.

Huh, is not my favorite word, lol.

And ok, I can understand this. I have been with Sprint for over 11 years and am really struggling with having to go to Verizon. My issue is I will lose my annual upgrade though. So other than being with them a long time, what will you lose other than data/voice? Or is that enough to make it an issue?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    I really hope this is true. I'd rather have a physical keyboard, but I would take any phone with WebOS on Sprint. I really can't justify switching carriers and double my bill just to get a Pre 3. My original Pre minus is still in good condition, so I can wait even if all they do is announce it in August.
    Quote Originally Posted by starburst View Post
    Nope. The FCC has a report from a technical working group comprised of LightSquared and a GPS industry working group. LightSquared admits there is interference but argues that there is a technical fix. Whether their contention is true is hotly disputed. We'll see what is submitted July 1.
    The FAA has threatened to sue the FCC if the current implementation goes forward. I've not seen two major agencies pointing fingers at each other like this in a while.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Interesting article. I am still getting the Evo 3D next friday, but if they announce something within 30 days (there should be some leaks or press release by end of July if this were true) I may be back!! cool
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i sure hope we sprint pre- users get a new WebOS phone, at this point it doesnt matter if its a slab(would be cool) or a pre3(absolutely love the keyboard, hard to give it up) but i just want a bad *** WebOS phone. i have hope!!!! =]
    Quote Originally Posted by danh35 View Post
    I really hope this is true. I'd rather have a physical keyboard, but I would take any phone with WebOS on Sprint. I really can't justify switching carriers and double my bill just to get a Pre 3. My original Pre minus is still in good condition, so I can wait even if all they do is announce it in August.
    +1. My Sprint Pixi is doing okay. As a 9.5-year subscriber to Sprint, I'd be reckless to switch carriers now.

I'm willing to wait things out. In my Treo days, I'll never forget when I got the Treo 800w (July 2008) and the Treo Pro came out of nowhere two months later. Not gonna let that happen to me again.

Sure, the idea of no physical keyboard doesn't initially impress me. But I'm willing to hold off on comments until the rumored product is live. My other thought is this: If the Pre Veer doesn't sell well as planned, what are the odds they'll bring back the Pixi with a slightly larger/longer screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    +1. My Sprint Pixi is doing okay. As a 9.5-year subscriber to Sprint, I'd be reckless to switch carriers now.

I'm willing to wait things out.
    Hi, that leaves the big question of how long we will be waiting....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    If I keep on waiting for this mythical webOS phone on Sprint I'll have my degree to be a certified monk by the time it shows up! Seriously HP and Sprint, you sure know how to test patience.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    I dont think a 3D Pre4 would be a fail. Sure, alot of the faithful Pre users want the same form factor, but the rest of the world wants slab phones...and putting 3D gives HP a chance to gain some "buzz" with the casuals out there.

It is not my ideal phone, but i will take webOS anyway i can since I am not leaving Sprint.
    3D really isn't as popular as some people might think. 3D TV's still sell far less than traditional televisions and even Nintendo is failing to see the 3DS sales they were hoping for. The biggest issue for glasses free displays is that you have to be looking at it at a very specific angle or you wont see it. This makes the technology a bit difficult to sell to consumers and even more difficult for people to deal with the fact they will have to keep their phone at a certain position if they want to experience 3D. Glasses free displays also strain the battery much more as the power requirements to run them are much higher.

Then there is the whole fact that it's a tough sell to convince developers to create 3D enabled apps when only one model phone would even support it.
    So far being a Sprint user I have missed out on SOOOO many WebOS devices! Sprint/Palm has done us wrong. No matter who is at fault for it it doesnt matter to the end user.

Pixi/Pre+
    Pre2
    The Veer 4G (Even if it is the fake 4G!)
    Now the Pre 3! (More than likely)

So even if we are getting a slab phone on Sprint why are we missing out on the Pre3? They should offer both! Its not like its that hard to understand. Some people want a real KB and others want a slab. Plus HP/Palm didn't learn the first time about how stupid an exclusive is...So I am calling BS on this rumor. Even more so if they don't release the Pre3...Why? if Sprint does not get the Pre3 then it wont sell. All of the WebOS users will by then began jumping ship. In Sprint we live in a world that and currently Android and I don't see this changing anytime soon....
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast