Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    i got excited and disappointed all in the OP

i want a pre 3 and i want sprint

if i wanted a pos slab phone, Id a gotten an evo or something.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    So sad, I will be going to Verizon

1) 3d is stupid
    2) I want a keyboard and a verticle one at that.

so... thats why I love the Pre3 its the perfect form factor for me- I love the verticle slider and the pre is "workable" keyboard and screen size- so the pre 3 will only be better as its on both, somewhat bigger.

Sorry sprint I dont want another slab phone...even if its webos... keyboard = me
    +1...What he said.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah my vote goes to touchpad go .... hopefully it will launch with webos 3.0 + too but if they cannot make an announcement within two weeks of the pre3 launch i will be seriously considering a switch to verizon -=\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I really want to believe this rumor, but seeing how Sprint usually announces their big devices months in advanced, I don't see this happening.

-The Evo 4G was announced months in advance.
    -Kyocera Echo - months in advance.
    -Nexus S 4g - months in advance.
    -Evo 3D, announced months in advance.

Heck, even the original Pre was announced for Sprint well in advance. If this rumor is true, we are less than 2 months away from Aug 15th, & we have heard nothing. We haven't even seen it pass through the FCC.

I won't be holding my breath for this one. I think the next webOS device on Sprint will be the TouchPad.
    He says it will "grace us with its presence August 15," doesn't that mean they'll announce it that day, not sell it that day?
    I rather see something advanced on Sprint then nothing at all. This is only a rumor, but then 4G, large screen (obviously with no slider), RAM w/expansion, and 3D. All sounds good to me.

Question though, how would 3D actually work? Do apps and games magically look 3D or is 3D only viewable in movies and similar content. I hope it's true and gives Sprint users like myself some hope that Sprint is still in the game. Sorli...
    This rumor really conflicts me....

on one hand:

Any new webos phone on sprint is a great thing. some people want a slab phone so choice is always good.

on the other hand:

I could care less about 3d, 3d screens makes the 2d look less sharp and vibrant (check the evo 3d reviews). 3d in a phone is a gimmick and I don't know honestly how much I would use it. I prefer physical keyboards and have always been a fan of the portrait slider.

Undecided:
    I can't decide if the addition of 4g is better than the subtraction of a world capable phone.... I would use both equally
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    This rumor really conflicts me....

on one hand:

Any new webos phone on sprint is a great thing. some people want a slab phone so choice is always good.

on the other hand:

I could care less about 3d, 3d screens makes the 2d look less sharp and vibrant (check the evo 3d reviews). 3d in a phone is a gimmick and I don't know honestly how much I would use it. I prefer physical keyboards and have always been a fan of the portrait slider.

Undecided:
    I can't decide if the addition of 4g is better than the subtraction of a world capable phone.... I would use both equally
    Um, even without 4G, a sprint phone isn't going to be a world phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Um, even without 4G, a sprint phone isn't going to be a world phone.
    there are plenty of sprint world phones http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...=ATG:HE:Phones

and the soon to be released motorola photon 4g is a world phone
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/m...tand-magic-to/

The more you know
    One issue with the 4G: is it going to be wimax or LTE? If wiMax, then how long will Sprint keep that running? If LTE, what happens if LightSquared loses their case before the FCC (some companies claim to have evidence it interferes with GPS)?
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 06/17/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    there are plenty of sprint world phones http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...=ATG:HE:Phones

The more you know
    I know there are Sprint world phones but no way HP's new one was going to be a world phone. It would need both a GSM and CDMA radio to be a world phone and HP couldn't fit that in at a thin size and good price.
    I know there are Sprint world phones but no way HP's new one was going to be a world phone. It would need both a GSM and CDMA radio to be a world phone and HP couldn't fit that in at a thin size and good price.
    The motorola Phone is 4g and a world phone and is thin. next nonexistent issue
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I would buy this form factor and be happy to stay with Sprint. I enjoy a physical keyboard but its not a requirement. If it does lack a physical keyboard I would hope they up the screen size to 4 inches for the onscreen keyboard. Then again a 4 inch screen and 4G usually means sub par battery life.
    If LTE, what happens if LightSquared loses their case before the FTC (some companies claim to have evidence it interferes with GPS)?
    It's not a claim. It does interfere with GPS. GM has confirmed in testing with OnStar-equipped vehicles that the LightSquared signal swamps the GPS signals leading to false or nonexistent location information. The FAA has blasted the FCC's attempt to accelerate approval for LightSquared's technology without anything near adequate testing, as many planes rely on GPS for navigation and the NextGen traffic management project incorporates it as a core aspect.

The FCC (not FTC) has provided LightSquared two additional weeks to submit testing reports, but it looks like they're going to have to find a different spectrum in which to operate.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    It's not a claim. It does interfere with GPS. GM has confirmed in testing with OnStar-equipped vehicles that the LightSquared signal swamps the GPS signals leading to false or nonexistent location information. The FAA has blasted the FCC's attempt to accelerate approval for LightSquared's technology without anything near adequate testing, as many planes rely on GPS for navigation and the NextGen traffic management project incorporates it as a core aspect.

The FCC (not FTC) has provided LightSquared two additional weeks to submit testing reports, but it looks like they're going to have to find a different spectrum in which to operate.
    I know, I meant FCC. :P

Until it's ruled on, they're just claims.

Lightsquare will just not have to use the spectrum closest to gps, which I believe are the highest and lowest of the freq they have. They can still operate their lte network, but it will be heavily constricted bandwith thanks to the reduced spectrum. Welcome to sprint tiered data or severe bandwith throttling on lightsquare LTE network
    That didn't stop Sprint. They finalized a deal with LightSquare today. Test results are due at the FCC July 1st. LightSquared has to come up with a wad of cash up front. Falcone's LightSquared in Wireless Deal With Sprint - NYTimes.com

This is all dependent on whether LightSquared can get the capital and control of spectrum that can be used. There is some talk of bidding on other spectrum in addition to more FCC arm twisting. If it works, Sprint will roll out LTE. What happens to WIMAX handsets? And is the rumored 4g slab WIMAX or LTE? Has to be WIMAX, one would think.Analysis: LightSquared's options include deal with Sprint, bid for TerreStar - FierceWireless
    I know, I meant FCC. :P

Until it's ruled on, they're just claims.
    Nope. The FCC has a report from a technical working group comprised of LightSquared and a GPS industry working group. LightSquared admits there is interference but argues that there is a technical fix. Whether their contention is true is hotly disputed. We'll see what is submitted July 1.
    Didn't a HP VZW world phone pass through FCC?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    i really, really, really want a sexy webOS slab phone. i wish it would come to AT&T but if i have to switch to Sprint to get it then bye-bye AT&T! i can care less about 3D though. in fact i hope its not 3D.
    I hope this is not true if so this is going to be a fail
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast