Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well with recent leaks where are you headed for the Pre3?

me, i am tired of the games of HP. they were going to make things right with Sprint Pre- customers and this is what we get.

i am off to probably windows 7. this will give HP 2 years to make things right for us original Sprint Pre- owners

alot will stay since they have waited this long what is another month, remember when we all said that prior to as well as after Feb 9th.

best of luck everyone. see you in 2 years
    My plans are to move to Verizon (after 10 years with Sprint).
    Already left for at&t after 11 years with sprint.
    I am staying on Verizon even tho hardware wise the Pre Plus has been a disappointment. The Pre 3 better be a huge leap in quality. If it is $50 or less by Sept when I am due for an upgrade I will consider it tho.
    Already on ATT. I think I will buy the phone outright and just carry on with ATT.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    I can't go anywhere. I still have a 2 year contract with Bell.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    well with recent leaks where are you headed for the Pre3?

me, i am tired of the games of HP. they were going to make things right with Sprint Pre- customers and this is what we get.

i am off to probably windows 7. this will give HP 2 years to make things right for us original Sprint Pre- owners

alot will stay since they have waited this long what is another month, remember when we all said that prior to as well as after Feb 9th.

best of luck everyone. see you in 2 years
    Why don't you wait until HP officially announces the carriers before jumping ship? HP also never said they were going to make things right for "Sprint" pre - users. They said they were going to make things right for all legacy users.

I'm on At&t and will definitely be getting the Pre3.
    I still hope its coming to sprint. I love this website and appreciate all the hard work these guys put into it but they have been wrong way more times than they have been right.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I hope it comes to sprint too...but...if not...I'll probably switch. I've had great service from sprint and my launch day Pre has performed great. No issues others have experienced.
    Going straight to AT&T. Frankly not JUST for the Pre 3, but it was probably the tipping point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Going straight to AT&T. Frankly not JUST for the Pre 3, but it was probably the tipping point.
    Same here, we have a little longer til we are out of contract, unless Sprint pulls off something with a physical keyboard, AT&T it will be.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    With an employee discount through work and Sprint's $10 surcharge, ATT will be just as good a deal for me, and much better service where I live now anyway. (Since Sprint roams on VZ I assume if I can't make calls except on the windsill with Sprint, VZ would be the same story.)

Going to pick up the Veer free through Best Buy next week and then either buy the Pre 3 outright or exchange the Veer for it, depending how attached I get to the little guy.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    If no Sprint Pre3, I hope VZ gets it first, that means there will be some cheap VZ Pre2 for sale, I will then get my old pre- made into a frankenpre2. I have decided to leave go back to WebOs, as I do not like Android. I can not make the switch off of Springt till Jan 2012, I have 5 lines on family plan 4 coming off contract in Jan, one free now for me to use if I am lucky and a webOs phone comes to Sprint.

In any case my take is if VZ gets te pre3 soon, one will be able to pick up a fairly new VZ Pre2 cheap.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Since this is all unconfirmed rumors, I'll wait for Pre3 on Sprint.

Or, at least official announcement from HP regarding Pre3 carriers.

Did the webOS world run out of salt today?
    I see pandas.
    Yeah. I'm honestly just waiting for the Pre 3 to be released. Once it comes out, I'm instantly off to AT&T. I'm trying to find out if I can just get SIM cards and use current phones and keep my discount, in that case I'll switch tomorrow. :P.
    I always hoped I could stay with Sprint, but after 13 years with them, I'm most likely going to jump ship to Verizon for the Pre3 (when it becomes available). AT&T is a definite "no" since they have horrible call quality and frequent dropped calls (at least in St. Louis). Verizon has much better service in the St. Louis area (and all of Missouri for that matter), so it's the logical choice for me.

I priced out plans for Verizon to compare to my current Sprint plan and would actually play about the same once you figure in Sprint's new $10 smartphone fee.

I have currently have a single line ($69.99) with Sprint and get a 19% employer discount. Based on my data and phone usage, I can get a similar priced plan on Verizon (450 min for $39.99 + $10 texting + $30 data) and would get a 20% discount. I'm not exactly sure what fees and taxes would amount to, but I'm sure it's not much of a difference.

The only thing missing from Verizon (that I actually care about) is navigation, which I believe is only $5 a month.

When I consider how Verizon typically gets the better phones and is the #1 wireless company, making the switch to stay on WebOS just makes sense.

Karla
    My plans have been for AT&T from the time it became clear that was where the Veer would go. We already ported my wife's number to an AT&T Veer, and as soon as the Pre3 hits AT&T, I'm done with Sprint. $10 more for nothing more means Sprint will be more expensive than what I can get with an employee discount on AT&T. Looks like I have a month to go, which is fine, my Pre- is still holding up, but I'm extremely excited for the Pre3, especially after seeing how awesome the Veer is.
    has anyone heard if att will match employer discounts that we get with sprint. I can only (possibly) change to att cause they have mobile to any mobile. Its also hard to change because I get an extra $20 off my bill every month until january.
    While at work today, got a call from a Sprint rep. She wanted to make sure I was happy and was trying to sell me on bringing on more relatives on my family plan. I have been with Sprint since 2009 and was MOST excited to receive this call.

After she stated the call was being recorded and finished her spill, I LASHED into her with the utmost professionalism of my hopes that Sprint will carry HP webOS devices. I think this caught her off guard and knocked her off script, inwhich I wouldnt let her rebound, and kept pounding her with the importance of Sprint continuing their relationship with HP after purchasing Palm and if its not the case, then I will look to break my long standing relationship with Sprint.

I brought my wife (rocking a Pixi) and her grandma (rocking a dumbphone) both over from T-mobile, and I refuse to push anyone to join the Sprint family until I know the status of the Touchpad and Pre3.

My wife and I both have been able to upgrade since Oct. 2010, so fingers are crossed for Sprint to be in the game with HP, if not, I told her I am out and since this call is being recorded, please make sure its forwarded to Dan. Of course, she assured me not to worry, webOS devices were coming, she just didnt know when.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 06/17/2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I've never understood the notion of following the phone over the service. Personally, I place more stock over the service that I have gotten for years with Sprint over any phone. The fact of the matter is that there will always be excellent phone choices regardless of what carrier you're on. I, for one, think it's a mistake to switch carriers solely based on the fact that one carries a certain phone and the other doesn't. But, to each his own.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast