Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Since this is all unconfirmed rumors, I'll wait for Pre3 on Sprint.

Or, at least official announcement from HP regarding Pre3 carriers.

Did the webOS world run out of salt today?
    Personally, I still have my salt, I have just been looking into this for a while now. The $10 per line fee has gotten me to look around, and I have found a lot of competition (at Sprints own fault). I'm still under contract for a few more months, so we will see what happens long term.

Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I've never understood the notion of following the phone over the service. Personally, I place more stock over the service that I have gotten for years with Sprint over any phone. The fact of the matter is that there will always be excellent phone choices regardless of what carrier you're on. I, for one, think it's a mistake to switch carriers solely based on the fact that one carries a certain phone and the other doesn't. But, to each his own.
    I agree completely, what you are not looking at is that most of us leaving Sprint are doing so because $10 per a line adds up. Sprint has made it so that they are no longer the most competitive option for some of us. When my contract is up, I can save a lil money over what I would pay Sprint to activate 2 new phones and get 2 phones for free (Veer) that outspec my Pre- in pretty much every way.

It all really depends on your usage, it doesn't work for everyone, if Sprint offered a plan with less minutes for less we would probably stay, they don't. We will see what happens by the time our contract is up...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by qdejesus View Post
    Why don't you wait until HP officially announces the carriers before jumping ship? HP also never said they were going to make things right for "Sprint" pre - users. They said they were going to make things right for all legacy users.

I'm on At&t and will definitely be getting the Pre3.
    considering probably 75% of pre legacy phones are with sprint, don't you think hp has already f'd that promise up?
    Been with Sprint for 13 years. Looks like I will be moving on to Verizon July 21st.
    My Sprint contract ended June 5th.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If anything I will be going to Verizon. I haven't been a webOS user since I had a Pre-, and am currently with T-Mobile with an employee line. Never made the switch back to a webOS phone because of the obvious lack of support it was receiving from palm. Now that HP owns it and it seems like they are going to start supporting it I will be switching back to a webOS device, and Verizon.

Also I don't agree with choosing a company over your device. Both have to be taken into consideration equally in my opinion. If your on a company that doesn't carry the device you like, then I don't understand carrying around a phone you don't like much just to be with a company. Same goes for the opposite. I don't think getting the phone you really want and going to a company that has poor service makes much sense either. Now where I live T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon are all pretty interchangeable as far as coverage goes (with the exception of being in the mountains where Verizon and Sprint have the advantage), so en-light of the fact that T-Mobile is soon to be part of AT&T, and I refuse to ever be an AT&T customer again, then Verizon is the most logical choice seeing as the Pre3 is the exact phone I want.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    As soon as my contract ends, maybe sooner I'm going to At&t. They are unlocked, I will be able to put any GSM phone I want on my carrier. (all future hp phones) The HSPA+ service is way faster than Sprint and Verizon's 3G network, minus the battery hog of wimax and lte. The plan will be a few bucks cheaper per month too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If I leave it will probably be to At&T because of the unlimited mobile to mobile. I could still manage to get a 450 minute plan as opposed to a 900 minute plan on Verizon.
    I am tempted more to stay with Sprint and buy a Galaxy S off contract to preserve my off-contract status. If nothing becomes of a Sprint Pre3 or other webOS device, I will have my TouchPad tethered to my Galaxy S and hopefully that will satisfy most of my needs.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Since this is all unconfirmed rumors, I'll wait for Pre3 on Sprint.

Or, at least official announcement from HP regarding Pre3 carriers.

Did the webOS world run out of salt today?
    Exactly what I've been thinking. I don't understand why people don't just wait for official announcements.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'll likely stick it out on Sprint and wait for reviews of the Pre 3 on both carriers other than Sprint. Would also give HP time to announce the rumored slate phone on Sprint (not holding my breath). Unless my pre minus dies I can make my decision a few months after launch. I hate to say it but I'm actually interested in AT&T for the seamless data and voice.
    Frankly, I'd love to see some of the regional's like US Cellular get it at the same time as the big nationals. I would sign with US Cellular in a heartbeat.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I agree completely, what you are not looking at is that most of us leaving Sprint are doing so because $10 per a line adds up. Sprint has made it so that they are no longer the most competitive option for some of us. When my contract is up, I can save a lil money over what I would pay Sprint to activate 2 new phones and get 2 phones for free (Veer) that outspec my Pre- in pretty much every way.
    Point taken. I can't argue with anyone who can save money by switching. You'll get no argument from me if that's the case.
    I've never understood the notion of following the phone over the service. Personally, I place more stock over the service that I have gotten for years with Sprint over any phone. The fact of the matter is that there will always be excellent phone choices regardless of what carrier you're on. I, for one, think it's a mistake to switch carriers solely based on the fact that one carries a certain phone and the other doesn't. But, to each his own.
    I would agree, except smartphones changed that landscape. Somewhat with the Treos, and then moreso with the iPhone.

You use a phone, get used to the apps that come with it. A new version comes out, and you want the new, but don't want to give up the OS. Suddenly other carriers look appealing.

Let's face it, when it was "featurephones", the differences were negligbile, and the coverage from the provider was the important thing. Now coverage is reaching a level of parity (especially for those in large metro areas), and price became a big factor.

I really believe what phones they carry is going to become more and more important.

If so, Sprint needs some changes, and soon. That's been one of their weak points for a long time.
    Well the other thing to consider is the amount of money a user might have invested in an OS ecosystem such as apps and accessories. It is possible between apps, touchstones, and homebrew donations that one has invested hundreds of dollars over the past 2 years. While I do agree that carriers are more important than phones, the OS's have advanced to a point where they have value too.
    Just left a BB Mobile store and the rep was a pretty cool fellow. Stated that the HP rep visits every 2wks and who said the Pre 3 will be on At&t 1st in Aug., Verizon will also get it, but had no news on Sprint, but will ask the Sprint rep about it next week when he visits.

Although he is using an Android phone, he admitted that webOS is by far the best OS on the market. He also said that the Touchpad is REALLY nice, and the vision HP has for webOS will make them a market player. Having webOS on all laptops would allow the consumer who wants to just surf the web, ck email, etc without waiting on window to boot will be instant, and he talked about printers and other things that have been mentioned.

Time will tell for all.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 06/18/2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Verizon. Their internet is so much faster (judging by a friends iphone). I can't even watch youtube videos on my phone anymore it's terrible! Going from Sprint to Verizon is going to be like upgrading to 4G, despite still being 3G.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    No where. No other carrier can get me down to $69 (I guess $79 once I get a new phone) after taxes with unlimited data like I get on Sprint.

Even if I did switch carriers I certainly wouldn't get a Pre 3. I'd just get an iPhone. Might as well go for the most supported phone out there that I know for sure won't be dead in a year.
    Im going where ever the new Blackberry phone goes, ive had it with waiting around with hp and sprint. I bought the playbook, I think this is the cats a**.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManyCowsMoo View Post
    Most likely AT&T for one reason: I get terrible reception currently on Sprint at work so I have to go outside to take/make calls and Verizon is the same deal; My coworkers with ATT say they get perfect reception

The only thing stopping me is ATT/Verizon are about the same price, but Verizon offers a 19% discount for university employees. I went through ATT's website to see if they offer some student/employee discount through the university, but it seems it's just a one-time 25$ credit so I guess I'll have to stop by a store to see if I can get some kind of monthly discount.

Anyone know if either carrier offers discounts for people switching from a different carrier?

I don't think either does, but AT&T used to offer a $25 credit per line if you were recommended by some one already on at&t (it would be $25 for you, $25 for them). Also while your at the store have them recheck your discount, I get 15% off my plan because of my university.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12