Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I think it's time to update the pricing for those of us who are considering jumping to to Verizon.

Sprint: Currently, I have a business/family line with 2 phones (both refurbed pre minuses) and pay ~$150 per month total--that includes: unlimited mobile to mobile calling, unlimited data, unlimited text and 1500 minutes per month for calls to landlines. The $150 also includes the $7 per month insurance on both phones.

Verizon: Is there anything even comparable to that pricing. I've looked on their website and it looks like their base price is: $149.99 for unlimited talk, $40 for unlimited text ($20 per line) and $60 for Data ($29.98 per line).

$250 without insurance and no taxes...thinking roughly about $300 per month, double the price!

Is it worth it to switch (I can't imagine not having WebOS)? Are there other plans that I am missing? Any advice?

$1800 per year to have a Pre3...don't know if it's worth it!!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well outside of sprint u have to manage ure text messages and min...
    so verzin offer unlimited in network calling, plus u can choose 10 people for unlimieted calls. as for texts u will have to limits those as well, and dont fotget if u use nav thats 10 bux estra too =)
    FYI about the maps issue with verizon. on the pre plus it was gimped unless u paid for the verizon nav.
    another FYI verizon consistantly took the longest to roll out updates, as long as three months in some cases compared to sprint... im in the same boat and as much as i want to justifiy a switch to verizon there are so many draw backs, and unfortunated pricing is only a few of those concerns =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I think it's time to update the pricing for those of us who are considering jumping to to Verizon.

Sprint: Currently, I have a business/family line with 2 phones (both refurbed pre minuses) and pay ~$150 per month total--that includes: unlimited mobile to mobile calling, unlimited data, unlimited text and 1500 minutes per month for calls to landlines. The $150 also includes the $7 per month insurance on both phones.

Verizon: Is there anything even comparable to that pricing. I've looked on their website and it looks like their base price is: $149.99 for unlimited talk, $40 for unlimited text ($20 per line) and $60 for Data ($29.98 per line).

$250 without insurance and no taxes...thinking roughly about $300 per month, double the price!

Is it worth it to switch (I can't imagine not having WebOS)? Are there other plans that I am missing? Any advice?

i forget which thread it is but there's been a couple of comparisons between the different providers, and it really comes down to your own unique situations. the general trend seems to be that the more lines you have the cheaper sprint is, while single lines are pretty comparable across the line.

my suggestion would be to go straight to a store and give them your plan details and see what they come up with, and get it in writing so you can duplicate it online to make sure it's correct.
    AT&T has been the closest in my comparisons. After a 15% corporate discount, with insurance and navigation and 2 gb of data it was looking like around $170+taxes. Still around $20-30 more than what I'll be paying when my contract ends with Sprint, and $40-50 more than what I pay now. Verizon after discounts was $200 for a comparable plan and features.

Edit: forgot to mention that it was for two lines, 1500 minutes, data, text, navigation.
    Thanks for the info and yes we are also looking at the options, but it doesn't look pretty price wise. I guess this is what ATT and Verizon customers have to do to survive on the major carriers. Maybe ATT/Verizon unlimited plans like Sprint will arrive sooner then later, but I suspect either way it will be more expensive. Sorli...
    I have family plan on Sprint, 2 lines... $115 out the door. Includes 24% corp discount to the entire bill and insurance on 1 line. 1500min shared, plus all the other sprint goodies (m2m, gps, unlimited data/text, etc). Is there a ATT/Ver deal that comes close to this? Oh and I'm gold premier so eligible for discounted handset every 12 mo. It's hard to leave Sprint for these reasons.
    Last edited by laoh; 06/17/2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post

Do you use unlimited minutes? The minutes to other Verizon customers are free.

And it's $149.99 for UNLIMITED MINUTES AND TEXTS not just talk. I wish you Sprint ******* would grow up.
    I have posted this all over the place, not gonna try and dig up the details again. In my calculations I calculated the $10 per line fee if we were to get new phones on Sprint.

Sprint, VZW, and ATT were all between 170 to 179. I could probably get away with dropping data on my line to 2 gigs (wifi at work and home I just rarely use it since I'm on Sprint), the 2 gig data would then bring ATT in the 150 range. (all prices are before corp discount, we currently get 17% on Sprint, I can get 15% from what I have heard on the other 2, so that's only $3ish)

This is with 2 lines, all 3 carriers I went with their lowest minutes plan. Most of our minutes are between our 2 lines so they wouldn't be charged to any time minutes by any carrier. With VZW and the 10 most called or ATT with free mobile to mobile just like Sprint we would probably never come close to using the lowest minutes (we never come close currently on Sprint).

In the end, our contract is up in October, if Sprint doesn't have a WebOS 2.x+ device with hardware keyboard we will be leaving Sprint when we get new phones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Thanks for the info and yes we are also looking at the options, but it doesn't look pretty price wise. I guess this is what ATT and Verizon customers have to do to survive on the major carriers. Maybe ATT/Verizon unlimited plans like Sprint will arrive sooner then later, but I suspect either way it will be more expensive. Sorli...
    When it comes to unlimited data on AT&T, that was eliminated about a year ago. I don't think they will be going back. I am an AT&T customer and have the 2 GB data plan. It practically is unlimited because I have not even come close to using all the data. I also run my phone with WiFi, which helps cut down data. I have my email all ways up and updating every 5 minutes. I also have PreWare, a few browsers, and the App Catalog running and up date them periodicly through the day, close to once an hour. With all of this and a few abnormalities through the day, the most data I have used is just under 1 GB. I hope that helps some with AT&T.

P.S. I also have to corp. discount which helps to bring the price down.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I have posted this all over the place, not gonna try and dig up the details again. In my calculations I calculated the $10 per line fee if we were to get new phones on Sprint.

Sprint, VZW, and ATT were all between 170 to 179. I could probably get away with dropping data on my line to 2 gigs (wifi at work and home I just rarely use it since I'm on Sprint), the 2 gig data would then bring ATT in the 150 range. (all prices are before corp discount, we currently get 17% on Sprint, I can get 15% from what I have heard on the other 2, so that's only $3ish)

This is with 2 lines, all 3 carriers I went with their lowest minutes plan. Most of our minutes are between our 2 lines so they wouldn't be charged to any time minutes by any carrier. With VZW and the 10 most called or ATT with free mobile to mobile just like Sprint we would probably never come close to using the lowest minutes (we never come close currently on Sprint).

In the end, our contract is up in October, if Sprint doesn't have a WebOS 2.x+ device with hardware keyboard we will be leaving Sprint when we get new phones.
    I'm on AT&T and have a shaired plan w/ 3 phones. My phone is the only one w/ data and we are shairing about 550 minutes a month, we usually have a few extra unused minutes that become rollover and can be used when the 550 are all used. Our plan costs roughly $110. I believe the nxt level up is 700 or 750, not to sure.
    Last edited by snaptrax; 06/17/2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Would the possibility of getting an unlocked Pre 3 for a Sprint customer be more cost effective than switching to Verizon or ATT? Sure you pay more upfront for an unlocked phone, but those costs should offset within a year's time in contrast to what you would pay on Verizon, right?

I have a Sprint account w/3 lines for $149 - unlimited mobile to mobile calling, unlimited data, unlimited text and 1500 minutes per month for calls to landlines., plus insurance for the Pre- (it's on life support).
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruda6000 View Post
    Would the possibility of getting an unlocked Pre 3 for a Sprint customer be more cost effective than switching to Verizon or ATT? Sure you pay more upfront for an unlocked phone, but those costs should offset within a year's time in contrast to what you would pay on Verizon, right?

I have a Sprint account w/3 lines for $149 - unlimited mobile to mobile calling, unlimited data, unlimited text and 1500 minutes per month for calls to landlines., plus insurance for the Pre- (it's on life support).
    thats sounds like the only path forward if you want a Pre3 on sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruda6000 View Post

Most likely you will not be able to activate it on Sprint. I have only seen 2 people on these boards claim to be able to activate a non Sprint ESN WebOS device on Sprint. This is why there are all these FrankenPre+ and FrankenPre 2's running around.

Ohhh and if by some MIRACLE you get it activated, don't forget you will be paying $10 more per line you activate a new phone on. This is why I am seriously looking at AT&T, Sprint has shown me the value of a SIM card.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by snaptrax View Post
    When it comes to unlimited data on AT&T, that was eliminated about a year ago. I don't think they will be going back. I am an AT&T customer and have the 2 GB data plan. It practically is unlimited because I have not even come close to using all the data. I also run my phone with WiFi, which helps cut down data. I have my email all ways up and updating every 5 minutes. I also have PreWare, a few browsers, and the App Catalog running and up date them periodicly through the day, close to once an hour. With all of this and a few abnormalities through the day, the most data I have used is just under 1 GB. I hope that helps some with AT&T.

P.S. I also have to corp. discount which helps to bring the price down.
    I forgot to mention in my original post... if you go over your data cap, it's only $10 for 1 gig, so AT&T isn't charging a whole lot for overages (I wanna say 4 gigs was $40 but it's been a few weeks since I did this all).
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I have family plan on Sprint... $115 out the door. Includes 24% corp discount and insurance on 1 line. 1500min shared, plus all the other sprint goodies (m2m, gps, unlimited data/text, etc). Is there a ATT/Ver deal that comes close to this? Oh and I'm gold premier so eligible for discounted handset every 12 mo. It's hard to leave Sprint for these reasons.
    Almost exact same, I don't think I can justify leaving, it is just going to be too expensive as much as I want to.
    I have a single phone with unlimited data on Sprint and I pay $82 a month.

I'll probably have to move to Verizon because AT&T sucks.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I have a single phone with unlimited data on Sprint and I pay $82 a month.

I'll probably have to move to Verizon because AT&T sucks.
    Same here. I haven't run the numbers yet, but I expect the same services from Verizon will cost over $100.

I've been with Sprint 10+ years but my loyalty is with webOS. And 2+ years is way too long for me to wait with the rate mobile technology is advancing.
    Handspring Visor --> Palm T300 --> Treo 650 --> Launchday Pre
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I forgot to mention in my original post... if you go over your data cap, it's only $10 for 1 gig, so AT&T isn't charging a whole lot for overages (I wanna say 4 gigs was $40 but it's been a few weeks since I did this all).
    I want to say that sounds right as well. I'm just amazed as to how much I can do with 2 GB. I have tethered with my laptop a few times, but never came close to using even half of the 2 GB.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Its going to be hard to leave sprint. Especially since i pay about $60 a month (25% disc) and get ED450 plus 300 bonus minutes each month. On VZW I'd be looking at $90 per month (not even with taxes) with no discount since i don't qualify on vzw. Plus the $90 per month only has 450 minutes. Not sure if i could keep it under that without any mobile
    Through my business account I pay $50 unlimited data and text. I don't have to pay the premium data fee unless it's 4g. Nothing but maybe an att family plan add on comes close.

Good bye webos.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast