Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    Go to www.billshrink.com and enter your information for wireless service. It will list better plans or if you are on the best plan for your usage.
    Thanks! I was hoping someone would post a link similar to that one. I'm thinking about switching to AT&T if Sprint doesn't get any webOS phones later this year. I don't like AT&T or Verizon, but at least with AT&T I can swap SIM cards if I want to use off contract phones.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Most of the time I use GPS/Nav because I have it, not because I need it.
    That's interesting. I ONLY use it when I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    That's interesting. I ONLY use it when I need it.
    Well for example, the area of town I work in I am not super familiar with. So when I am looking to see if something is around I will use it for a quick trip on my lunch. I could use google maps or map it before I walk out of the office.

I guess I would say it's a not a need most of the times I use it, just more convenient than google/bing/etc maps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    SMH. People will eventually stop buying smartphones. Why have it if you can't use it?

One can only hope those numbers are wrong.
    More reason to go to ATT
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes9 View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily a given that if you stick with Sprint you're going to go Android. I know I'd at least consider WP7 instead. And I do use navigation frequently on my Pre- as does my wife on her Pixi. Since AT&T does charge for it, it is something that needs to be taken into account as Sprint provides it for free, and AT&T does not (for those of us who do use navigation). It would be added into the cost of following webOS to another service provider.

I know there is one navigation solution out there, and I hope to see others. But that's not anything I can count on right now, so for those of us who use it frequently enough, you'll want to think about adding another $10 to your bill per line.
    Again with the apples to oranges argument. It's so incredibly frustrating There are apps that offer GPS turn by turn voice directions without a monthly fee for Android, webOS AND Windows Phone 7. You download the app, and you no longer need the subscription based service. Done. In the case of webOS's nDrive, you don't even need a cellular data connection to use it.
    Last edited by EvilKell; 06/20/2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: To be more angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Again with the apples to oranges argument. It's so incredibly frustrating There are apps that offer GPS turn by turn voice directions without a monthly fee for Android, webOS AND Windows Phone 7. You download the app, and you no longer need the subscription based service. Done. In the case of webOS's nDrive, you don't even need a cellular data connection to use it.
    Yeah, thats what I've done, downloaded navigon on iPhone for a $15 one time fee (it was on sale) and that's it. I didn't know about ndrive being available on webos however.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Cha-CHING!!! That's the sound of Verizon cashing in on anybody switching to their network who plans on using a lot of data.

Updated pricing for Verizon:
    1 Line: Talk & Text
    $59.99 - 450min + Unlimited Verizon Mobile
    $79.99 - 900min + Unlimited Verizon Mobile +5 Friends/Family
    $99.99 - Unlimited
    +$30.00 - 2GB Data
    +$50.00 - 4GB Data
    +$80.00 - 12GB Data
    +$20.00 - Tethering

Expect to see big jumps in Verizon's family plan data rates as well. Verizon's increasing their data charges dramatically. Coupled with their insane early termination fees, I just don't see Verizon as an acceptable carrier for me anymore. I'm really, really ticked off.
    what if you start month to month service with VZW without a contract before July 7th, do you have protection or will they increase the monthly charge in August?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    2 gigs is enough for both my phones, but yeah this is sucky.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    what if you start month to month service with VZW without a contract before July 7th, do you have protection or will they increase the monthly charge in August?
    Even if they didn't hit you right away, as soon as you sign your contract to get your Pre3 I am sure you will be on the hook.
    verizon is the most evil of the 4.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Cha-CHING!!! That's the sound of Verizon cashing in on anybody switching to their network who plans on using a lot of data.

Updated pricing for Verizon:
    1 Line: Talk & Text
    $59.99 - 450min + Unlimited Verizon Mobile
    $79.99 - 900min + Unlimited Verizon Mobile +5 Friends/Family
    $99.99 - Unlimited
    +$30.00 - 2GB Data
    +$50.00 - 4GB Data
    +$80.00 - 12GB Data
    +$20.00 - Tethering

Expect to see big jumps in Verizon's family plan data rates as well. Verizon's increasing their data charges dramatically. Coupled with their insane early termination fees, I just don't see Verizon as an acceptable carrier for me anymore. I'm really, really ticked off.
    I just can't see Verizon being this stupid. I can't believe those data prices are meant as single line prices. They must be planning to also announce that "data sharing" stuff along with this. That's the ONLY way this could make sense unless their CEO is trying to drive customers away.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345