Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think there is a little confusion with Verizon's plans. Depending on who you call, you can easily go with a lesser minute plan on VZW and still never go beyond your minutes. With Verizon the so called "mobile to mobile" is actually calls to anyone on Verizon's network. Remember, Verizon is also a major land line phone carrier. If most of the numbers you call, during the hours that minutes get used up, are Verizon phone numbers, the calls are free. If you get a plan with Friends and Family, you can also use the 5 or 10 (depending on plan) slots to call anyone, land line or mobile. The Sprint plans, I do believe, don't have anything for calling land lines.

So you can easily get a lesser minute plan and still have plenty. If you use IM's a lot, they count as data, so they don't count against your text count if you get the 250 text add on. In a large majority of cases, people can use the Verizon plans that are very close in pricing to the current Sprint plan pricing. Grandfathered plans are out of luck in that area.

I know a lot of you folks on Sprint keep doing direct comparisons with Verizon plans based on minutes, but, as I've shown, that's not always the best way to compare. Let's be honest, for some, a change to VZW is no big deal. For others, because of their heavy usage of peak minutes or their grandfathered 10 year old plan, the switch would be painful. Review what you actually use, worst case, and see how the other carriers fit to make a decision that is good for you, should Sprint continue to shun webOS devices.
    The only way a thread like this will work is if Sprint users are banned from posting in them.
    I'm a Sprint Pre- user and why should I be banned. I guess we have no input since we have not moved? Doesn't mean we are not interested and unable to contribute.

Like for instance, making the switch normally involves signing a 2yr contract. Isn't it cheaper to signup on ATT, Verizon, and Sprint get the new Pre3 and then when something else comes out better phone or carrier "you break your contract and buy out to move elsewhere."

If the Pre 3 unlocked costs $500+ and breaking contracts cost exponentially less and pro-rate over time bring these cost down even more like on Sprint...why not sign a new contract and then buyout later to move?

I guess people were doing this and why ATT recently changed their Buyout policy, but this CBS - Buyout Your Cell Phone Contract also references - http://m.cbsnews.com/searchsynopsis....nb_splitPage=0 and mentions buying out only costing $200.

$200 to buy a Pre 3 and sign a contract and the $200 later to leave and go somewhere else is still cheaper then buying the phone out right. Not sure why more people don't do this? Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The only way a thread like this will work is if Sprint users are banned from posting in them.
    The title of the post is:

"Verizon Pricing Information- If we switch from Sprint."

I'm with Sprint and I'd like to know the Verizon pricing information.I've shown,by posting my Sprint bill,how much it costs me on Sprint per month, and all I'm asking is for actual price people are paying on VZ. Is that too much to ask and thus I should be banned? Are VZ people afraid to show how much their plans actually cost?

I've been on my Sprint Family plan for slightly less than two years;so, that short of a period is enough to be considered a Grandfathered plan?

I understand the argument that VZ's plans are slightly different and that it may be possible to get by with less minutes,etc. Fair enough.

I will switch to VZ if Sprint doesn't get the Pre 3 in the next month or so,when my contract is up, regardless of the price hike. I just want to know how much to budget for the switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post

I've been on my Sprint Family plan for slightly less than two years;so, that short of a period is enough to be considered a Grandfathered plan?
    Once a plan is no longer available it is considered a grandfathered plan. The current sprint plan would cost $179.98 before taxes, which is $44 more than what you're paying now after taxes, so whatever plan you have, it isn't available to any current or future sprint customers who don't already have it, and thus it is a grandfathered plan. I have unlimited data on AT&T which was discontinued less than a year ago, but it is now a grandfathered feature.

I'm not on Verizon, but I did show you what the price would be on all three carriers for a plan similar to the one you claim you have, but no I can't show you my Verizon bill because I don't have one.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 06/19/2011 at 01:16 PM.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    There are compelling reasons to switch from an existing carrier to AT&T or Verizon or Sprint. The price differences between the carriers has narrowed greatly over the past year so it's not as big a factor as it was.

Even so, it seems like a lot of Sprint users seem to get super defensive if somebody asks for switching information. I'm a 10 year Sprint customer and I've had a Pre minus since July, 2009. Just saying that there are tons of unreasonable, inaccurate, and just downright angry comments from a lot of Sprint users when anybody mentions switching away from Sprint to another carrier.
    Sprint 129.99/1500mins/2lines unlimted m2m any network.
    add 10 each line using data phone, inlucding first 2.
    add 30 for each line after 2 with data, if not just add 20
    @ 2 lines with unlimitedtalk/d/t $149.99
    @ 5 lines with ut/d/t $239.99

Att has base of 99.99/700min/2lines unlimited m2m any network (700 i think is sufficient because no one calls landlines any more unless you still have 80yr old relative that you call often.)
    add 25 for 2gb data each line.
    add 35 for each line after 2 if it goes for 2gb data or add 10 for feature phone.
    @ 2 lines with ut/d/t 149.99
    @ 5 lines with ut/d/t 254.99

Verizon.
    You'll have to figure out your usage find the final. To entertain the idea
    149.99/2lines unlimited talk & text.
    add 60 for 2 lines with data.
    add 40 for each after 2 if it goes for data. 10 for feature phone.
    @ 2 lines with ut/d/t 209.99
    @ 5 lines with ut/d/t 329.99

As you can see the pricing strong favors Sprint vs Verizon @ 2lines. Not so at all for Sprint vs ATT. Keep in mind att has 700 but it may not make a difference because unlimited m2m takes effect. Same goes for at @5 lines.
    You'll just have to factor the following in your decision:
    1. Price
    2. Service in your area
    2. Phone selection for your other family member. You're getting a Pre3/- right? (I think ATT wins this one)

Remember to factor in saving you get for whatever service. This is just the base pricing.

Me personally. I dont work for corporate so I dont get any discount. I do geta 27% @ sprint for main plan that brings my bill to 204.99 for 5 lines. Im not willing to pay 254.99 or verizon's price for Pre 3. I'll wait and see what happens. Get an evo3D, sell it and get a frankenPRE is probably my route.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Once a plan is no longer available it is considered a grandfathered plan.
    Thank you for the explanation;thought I was on their current plan,but obviously didn't check.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    Sprint 129.99/1500mins/2lines unlimted m2m any network.
    add 10 each line using data phone, inlucding first 2.
    add 30 for each line after 2 with data, if not just add 20
    @ 2 lines with unlimitedtalk/d/t $149.99
    @ 5 lines with ut/d/t $239.99

Att has base of 99.99/700min/2lines unlimited m2m any network (700 i think is sufficient because no one calls landlines any more unless you still have 80yr old relative that you call often.)
    add 25 for 2gb data each line.
    add 35 for each line after 2 if it goes for 2gb data or add 10 for feature phone.
    @ 2 lines with ut/d/t 149.99
    @ 5 lines with ut/d/t 254.99

Verizon.
    You'll have to figure out your usage find the final. To entertain the idea
    149.99/2lines unlimited talk & text.
    add 60 for 2 lines with data.
    add 40 for each after 2 if it goes for data. 10 for feature phone.
    @ 2 lines with ut/d/t 209.99
    @ 5 lines with ut/d/t 329.99

As you can see the pricing strong favors Sprint vs Verizon @ 2lines. Not so at all for Sprint vs ATT. Keep in mind att has 700 but it may not make a difference because unlimited m2m takes effect. Same goes for at @5 lines.
    You'll just have to factor the following in your decision:
    1. Price
    2. Service in your area
    2. Phone selection for your other family member. You're getting a Pre3/- right? (I think ATT wins this one)

Remember to factor in saving you get for whatever service. This is just the base pricing.

Me personally. I dont work for corporate so I dont get any discount. I do geta 27% @ sprint for main plan that brings my bill to 204.99 for 5 lines. Im not willing to pay 254.99 or verizon's price for Pre 3. I'll wait and see what happens. Get an evo3D, sell it and get a frankenPRE is probably my route.
    For those of us who wish to have GPS as well on their phones, it's an additional $9.99 per phone on AT&T vs. free on Sprint. So that could be factor as well. I also haven't seen how to add unlimited m2m on AT&T. Everything I've seen says it's still only to other AT&T customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes9 View Post
    For those of us who wish to have GPS as well on their phones, it's an additional $9.99 per phone on AT&T vs. free on Sprint. So that could be factor as well. I also haven't seen how to add unlimited m2m on AT&T. Everything I've seen says it's still only to other AT&T customers?
    Also, It appears to me that you have to add $30 to ATT for unlimited text (Family plan). Is this not correct?

For ATT, 2 Lines, I found:

2100 minute (business, so many more calls to land line) = 109.99

Unlimited Text = 30 (BTW..this is where Mobile to ANY mobile call is added)

Data (4gigs Line 1) = 45
    Data (2Gigs Line 2) = 25

Total = 209.99

Now, I have been TOLD that ATT will "nickle and dime you to death with fees" but have no knowledge and do not see where it would come into play in this scenario.

This is close to what I pay on Sprint.

IF the 9.99 per line add is correct for GPS, then it is Approx: 200 (Sprint) Vs 230 (ATT)
    I just left my 8 1/2 years with Sprint to AT&T and here's why:
    Get a 24% discount with my employment.
    GSM phones capabilities of being on phone and data simultaneously, great for tethering.
    Rollover Minutes
    Tethering included in 4GB data plan.
    Phones get updates WAY quicker than Verizon.
    Overall cheaper than Verizon.
    We know AT&T will be getting Pre3 in a couple months. HP's already partnered with them for the connected version of the TouchPad.
    Seems Pre3 will be 3G World Phone on Verizon and 4G (HSPA+) on AT&T so a little faster
    I see the navigation argument made frequently, but it's not really valid. If you stick with Sprint, you're gonna get Android and Android offers free navigators. webOS has nDrive as well.

Also, in the post above, I'd like to point out Verizon's 2 line, 1400min plan shared with 10 friends and family is $119.99 (+$10 for 2000min). That's a lot of minutes for most people these days, isn't it?

So more realistic, I'd think is $179 for Verizon. Still more than Sprint or AT&T on a 2 line plan, but not terrible.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Also, It appears to me that you have to add $30 to ATT for unlimited text (Family plan). Is this not correct?

Data (4gigs Line 1) = 45
    Data (2Gigs Line 2) = 25

Total = 209.99

Now, I have been TOLD that ATT will "nickle and dime you to death with fees" but have no knowledge and do not see where it would come into play in this scenario.

IF the 9.99 per line add is correct for GPS, then it is Approx: 200 (Sprint) Vs 230 (ATT)
    I kept coming up with about $209 (before discounts) on ATT as well. I have a hard time stomaching having only 4GB of data, though. Now, if it were a pool of 8GB for both lines that is probably workable. Talk+data at the same time hasn't been an issue for me so far, and I already get tethering through work, so I have a separate device for it anyway.

My biggest concern right now is having the Pre3 come out on VZW before they do away with unlimited data (or have decent pooled data already in place if not). Or, of course, just have the Pre3 come out, or at least be announced, on Sprint in short order.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Go to www.billshrink.com and enter your information for wireless service. It will list better plans or if you are on the best plan for your usage.
    I used to believe in HP
    If you banned Sprint users, why would anyone else be interested? Why would someone who has already switched, or was never on Sprint, be interested in information about Verizion's pricing for those that want to switch from Sprint?

I'm confused, totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

Data (4gigs Line 1) = 45
    Data (2Gigs Line 2) = 25

Total = 209.99

I've been using AT&T service since they were Cingular, and I have never felt nickel and dimed, quite the opposite, if I ever had any extra charges even if they were my own fault they have been really good about overturning them and crediting back my account. Though it could be because I have to accounts with business care. When I was with Verizon however (though this was like 8 or 9 years ago) they defiantly were nickel and diming back then, not sure how they are now, but if fios is any indication (which I currently have) then they probably are.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    There is already 1 nav solution that does not include a monthly payment. I am guessing we will see more. Also with the improved mapping going forward with Bing, I will be using GPS less.

Most of the time I use GPS/Nav because I have it, not because I need it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I see the navigation argument made frequently, but it's not really valid. If you stick with Sprint, you're gonna get Android and Android offers free navigators. webOS has nDrive as well.

Also, in the post above, I'd like to point out Verizon's 2 line, 1400min plan shared with 10 friends and family is $119.99 (+$10 for 2000min). That's a lot of minutes for most people these days, isn't it?

So more realistic, I'd think is $179 for Verizon. Still more than Sprint or AT&T on a 2 line plan, but not terrible.
    I don't think it's necessarily a given that if you stick with Sprint you're going to go Android. I know I'd at least consider WP7 instead. And I do use navigation frequently on my Pre- as does my wife on her Pixi. Since AT&T does charge for it, it is something that needs to be taken into account as Sprint provides it for free, and AT&T does not (for those of us who do use navigation). It would be added into the cost of following webOS to another service provider.

I know there is one navigation solution out there, and I hope to see others. But that's not anything I can count on right now, so for those of us who use it frequently enough, you'll want to think about adding another $10 to your bill per line.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I'm a Sprint Pre- user and why should I be banned. I guess we have no input since we have not moved? Doesn't mean we are not interested and unable to contribute.

Like for instance, making the switch normally involves signing a 2yr contract. Isn't it cheaper to signup on ATT, Verizon, and Sprint get the new Pre3 and then when something else comes out better phone or carrier "you break your contract and buy out to move elsewhere."

If the Pre 3 unlocked costs $500+ and breaking contracts cost exponentially less and pro-rate over time bring these cost down even more like on Sprint...why not sign a new contract and then buyout later to move?

I guess people were doing this and why ATT recently changed their Buyout policy, but this CBS - Buyout Your Cell Phone Contract also references - http://m.cbsnews.com/searchsynopsis....nb_splitPage=0 and mentions buying out only costing $200.

$200 to buy a Pre 3 and sign a contract and the $200 later to leave and go somewhere else is still cheaper then buying the phone out right. Not sure why more people don't do this? Sorli...
    Depending on how new the phone is and how much advertising hype they're throwing at it, both Verizon and AT&T will often offer them direct for up to $200 below their MSRP. An example would be the DROID X2. It's 199.99 for 2 yr, 449.99 for month-to-month, and the MSRP is 599.99.
    I don't think it's necessarily a given that if you stick with Sprint you're going to go Android. I know I'd at least consider WP7 instead. And I do use navigation frequently on my Pre- as does my wife on her Pixi. Since AT&T does charge for it, it is something that needs to be taken into account as Sprint provides it for free, and AT&T does not (for those of us who do use navigation). It would be added into the cost of following webOS to another service provider.

I know there is one navigation solution out there, and I hope to see others. But that's not anything I can count on right now, so for those of us who use it frequently enough, you'll want to think about adding another $10 to your bill per line.
    Do you homebrew? If so you can always check out NavIt
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast